If you or a loved one was the victim of sexual assault in New York, our law firm will seek compensation for all the harm you have suffered. We handle evidence collection, court filings, and communications with the offending party’s representatives. When you hire us, we will negotiate for a favorable settlement or if your case is one that should go to court, argue on your behalf before a judge and jury..
Your fight for justice and compensation is our fight, too. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our personal injury lawyers in East Meadow, New York, are committed to holding the person who harmed you accountable. They should be responsible for compensating you, so we work hard to prove their financial liability. A free consultation with our team awaits when you call.
- We Provide Compassionate, Empathetic Legal Support
- Compensation We Fight to Recover For You
- Call For Your Free Consultation
We Provide Compassionate, Empathetic Legal Support
A sexual assault is a traumatic experience that could require extensive physical and emotional recovery. You should be able to focus on your recovery without adding the stress of a claim for damages or a lawsuit to your current situation.
Our team will handle your case with compassion, patience, kindness and understanding. On your behalf, we will:
- Obtain medical and police records
- Document and assign a value to your medical care, income losses, and pain and suffering
- Negotiate with the offending party and their representatives
Any forced or coerced sexual contact could mean you are entitled to compensation from the assailant. If you or a family member was the victim of sexual assault, we will build a strong case for monetary recovery.
We Will Obtain Vital Records to Support Your Case
The evidence file our team builds for you will drive our fight for compensation. We do the work of compiling evidence for you during a thorough investigation. We collect:
- Medical records that document the severity and extent of your physical injuries and the anticipated timeline of your recovery
- A police report documenting the date, time, and location of the assault that was made against you,, along with the assailant’s physical description and contact details, if available
- Counseling and other mental health records to prove the long-term mental and emotional aspect of the assault
We also collect all relevant and available photos and videos. Photos may document the area where the attack took place. Using this evidence, we may be able to assign liability to a negligent property owner or landlord who did not provide you with adequate security.
Our Entire Team Is Focused on Your Recovery
While you recover and recuperate, our team members will do everything possible to make the legal process seamless and stress-free. For example, our multilingual staff offers assistance in your preferred language, including Bengali, Spanish, Greek, Tamil, and Kannada. We will even meet you on Long Island or anywhere else in the New York metropolitan area if you can’t make it to our office.
To ensure you get the attention you deserve, our team will also:
- Provide updates as the case progresses
- Identify who is liable for your sexual assault
- Communicate on your behalf in all case matters
- Compile evidence to prove your right to financial recovery
- Assign an accurate monetary value to your case
For additional support, we will identify and consult with experts who can offer support for your case. These experts may include medical and vocational rehabilitation specialists, economists, and life care planners.
See What Previous Clients Say About Our Supportive Team
We are passionate advocates for our clients. When they talk about the care they received from our team, previous clients leave Google reviews like these:
- “You couldn’t have a better team of hard working, compassionate and relatable legal people on your side. I’d like to add that even after my case settled, if I had any questions or misunderstanding the team was ready to clarify.” – Barbara
- “Everyone in this office is extremely nice and professional. I am very happy with the outcome of my case. John was very helpful and a pleasure to work with.” – Justine
You can learn more about working with our responsive legal team by reading the comments and recommendations on our client reviews page.
For a free legal consultation with a Sexual Assault lawyer serving East Meadow, call 516-932-0400
Compensation We Fight to Recover For You
After a sexual assault, we will take steps to hold the assailant responsible for your injuries. If you were injured in a location that should have been secure, we will also collect evidence to pursue the property owner. In some cases the assailant’s employer or some other entity the assailant was associated with may have liability. We will leave no stone unturned in our effort to hold responsible any and every liable party. Your compensation could cover the following types of damages:
- Immediate and long-term medical care for your injuries
- Mental health care and counseling
- Immediate and long-term loss of income due to the assault
- Ongoing physical and emotional pain and suffering
Our sexual assault lawyers in East Meadow, New York, will work hard to build your case file with evidence of the financial damages you endured. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we never stop working for you or fighting to hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions.
Timelines For Seeking Compensation After a Sexual Assault
- State law allows you to hold the at-fault party liable for your injuries and injury-related expenses. However, the state also imposes a limit on the amount of time you have to file your lawsuit. According to New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214, the personal injury statute of limitations sets a specific amount of time to file, though there are some exceptions. . According to New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214, the personal injury statute of limitations sets a specific amount of time to file, though there are some exceptions.
Our team will explain the relevant timeline to you and ensure timely filing. The sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to conduct a thorough investigation before we need to file.
East Meadow Sexual Assault Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Call For Your Free Consultation
If you or a loved one was injured due to a sexual assault in East Meadow, New York, our law firm wants to offer our legal support. Our attorneys will fight hard on your behalf so you have the opportunity to start rebuilding your life. Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 today for your complimentary consultation.