If you or a loved one were the victim of sexual assault, you are not alone. Our firm’s sexual assault lawyers serving New Cassel, NY, want to make sure the attacker pays for their crime and that you recover an appropriate settlement in compensation.
Compensation in sexual assault cases often includes medical expenses (including psychological care), pain and suffering, impaired quality of life, and more. We will determine the true worth of your case and fight tirelessly for that amount.
In This Article
- We Will Manage Your Entire Case
- You Could Qualify For Compensation
- Sexual Assault and Wrongful Death
- Get Help with Your Sexual Assault Case
We Will Manage Your Entire Case
Trying to handle a legal case by yourself is challenging, especially when the case involves sexual assault. However, you do not have to go through such a stressful, confusing experience alone. With Friedman & Simon L.L.P., you gain access to a team that can handle every step of your case.
Update You Regularly
You have enough to worry about without also wondering what is happening with your case. We consider all the following to be important parts of our duty to you when you choose Friedman & Simon LLP to be your injury lawyers: :
- Inform you whenever something important happens
- Explain each development to you in terms you understand – no legal jargon
- Advise you about how to respond to developments in ways that get you closer to your goal of obtaining the best possible settlement of your claim or winning your lawsuit.
Identify All Liable Parties
The assailant is liable for the attack, but other factors might enable you to sue more than one party. For example, employers must implement a sexual harassment prevention policy that adheres to legal standards, per New York Labor § 201-G. Failure to do so could leave them liable to a lawsuit if one employee harasses or assaults another.
Handle All Communications
Speaking to the liable party or their representatives on your own is a considerable risk. They could use your words against you and claim that the encounter was consensual or never happened.
Instead of opening yourself to this possibility, allow us to represent you with the liable party during all communications. We can negotiate with them for an appropriate settlement.
Collect Corroborating Evidence
It is important to bolster your claim with evidence from as many different sources as are available. This evidence will prove that the assault happened, the liable party committed the crime, and you have suffered physically, mentally, and emotionally since the assault.
In addition to collecting this evidence, we will present it to the liable party’s representatives to prove why you deserve damages. We will even represent you at trial if the insurance company refuses to negotiate with us.
Assigns a Value to Your Case
It is often challenging to calculate how much money the assault and resulting injuries entitle you to recover. Our team will do all the following and more to ensure that your lawsuit specifies an appropriate settlement amount:
- Examine the evidence we have collected to determine the severity of your injuries
- Take stock of how much you have already spent due to the assault
- Estimate how much you will probably have to spend in the future
- Analyze your case in comparison to cases with similar presentations and study what settlements have been reached, (if this information was not sealed pursuant to confidential settlement agreements,) what awards have been reached in the form of jury verdicts, and what trial court determinations have been overruled or upheld by appellate courts.
For a free legal consultation with a Sexual Assault lawyer serving New Cassel, call 516-932-0400
You Could Qualify For Compensation
The sexual assault lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., want to guide you through the legal process while giving you the time and space you need to recover. If you live or were assaulted in New Cassel, NY, or anywhere on Long Island, you could qualify for:
- Economic damages
- Noneconomic damages
- A combination of both
Examples of Economic Damages
To qualify for economic damages, you must have sustained some financial loss related to the assault. Common examples include:
- Loss of income: The assault prevented you from going to work, performing your regular job duties, and earning the wages that you and your family depend on.
- Loss of employment: The assault cost you your job, or injuries stemming from the assault have reduced your perceived value as an employee. You are having trouble finding and keeping a new job.
- Medical expenses: You required and actually underwent any form of professional treatment to recover from the assault. This includes mental health care as well as treatment for physical injuries.
- Legal costs: We do not bill for attorney’s fees unless you recover an award. We could include our estimated fee as part of the settlement you seek from the liable party to defray these costs even further.
Examples of Non-Economic Damages
In sexual assault cases, noneconomic damages frequently include awards for these categories:
- Pain and suffering: Your injuries cause extreme physical pain and negatively impact your physical and mental health.
- Emotional trauma: Sexual assault can have long-term psychological consequences. You could qualify for compensation based on changes in your mental health.
- Impaired quality of life: Due to either physical or emotional distress, you can no longer live the lifestyle you once enjoyed. You might need help with everyday tasks or can no longer socialize with others.
- Loss of consortium: The assault has affected your ability to maintain a healthy, happy relationship with your spouse.
New Cassel Sexual Assault Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Sexual Assault and Wrongful Death
Was your loved one’s death caused, either directly or indirectly, by their sexual assault? If so, we are sincerely sorry for your loss. Our team wants to fight on your behalf to ensure that the assailant does not get away with their terrible actions.
You have a limited time to file a wrongful death case, per Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1. Therefore, the sooner you allow us to begin building your case, the more time we will have to work within this deadline and collect critical evidence of the liable party’s guilt.
Get Help with Your Sexual Assault Case
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we understand how sensitive sexual assault cases are. Call us at (516) 932-0400 for a free, confidential case evaluation. Our lawyers will work hard to prepare your case and ensure that the assailant is held accountable. We proudly serve New Cassel, New York, and assist Long Island clients in multiple languages, including Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Kannada, and Tamil.