If you have been involved in an accident with a truck, large or small, you may be facing extensive medical costs and property damage expenses. Due to their significantly larger-than-a-car size and weight, and inability to slow down as easily as passenger vehicles, commercial truck collisions often have devastating consequences.
Choosing a New Cassel truck accident lawyer is the first step to take when fighting for the compensation you deserve. The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has represented countless cases involving trucks of all types and sizes, from box trucks to 18-wheelers, and has an impressive track record of obtaining compensation for our clients. Contact us today at 516-932-0400 for a free and confidential consultation about your case.
In This Article
- Causes of Commercial Truck Accidents
- How a New Cassel Truck Accident Lawyer Will Help
- Act Quickly or Risk Recovering Nothing
- Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Today
Causes of Commercial Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are similar to other motor vehicle accidents in that they can occur at any time and for a multitude of reasons. However, they are different in that their size, weight and the simple physics of their movement can more readily result in devastating consequences. According to a study conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), some of the most common factors involved in large truck crashes were:
- Brake issues
- Interruption of traffic flow
- Prescription and over the counter drugs
- Use of excessive speed
- Lack of familiarity with roadway
- Driver fatigue
Potential Liable Parties in Truck Accident Cases
- Driver: If the driver was fatigued, distracted, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs (even if the drugs are prescription or over the counter medications), they may be at least partially at fault for the accident.
- Owner of the truck: If the accident was due to poor truck maintenance, the owner of the truck may be liable for any resulting damages. Trucks must be well-maintained and inspected, and in good repair when on the road.
- Trucking company: In most cases, the trucking company will also be liable for an accident the driver causes. This is due to the concept of vicarious liability which states that an employer is liable for any actions their employees take within the scope of their employment.
- Parts manufacturers: If a defective vehicle part contributed to the accident, the manufacturer of that part may be at least partially at fault.
- Repair and maintenance companies: Similar to parts manufacturers, repair and maintenance companies may be at least partially responsible if poor service contributed to the accident.
- Shipper and/or Truck Broker: If the shipper and/or truck broker knew or should have known that any of the parties described above were incompetent in some respect, leading to the injuries suffered in the truck accident, they may be held liable for their negligent hiring.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving New Cassel, call 516-932-0400
How a New Cassel Truck Accident Lawyer Will Help
Accidents involving commercial trucks often result in massive medical bills, property damage expenses, lost wages, and emotional pain and suffering. It is in your best interest to hire a New Cassel truck accident attorney if you have been injured in an accident involving an 18-wheeler/tractor-trailer, or other truck.
We Handle Insurers and Evidence Gathering on Your Behalf
The last thing you should be worried about after such a traumatic event is dealing with paperwork and insurance companies. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we will gather pertinent evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, handle the paperwork, and deal with all parties involved. You should not be doing anything but healing from your injuries.
We Prove Fault
Our legal team will gather evidence and perform a thorough investigation to identify the at-fault party or parties and substantiate your claim. The following criteria must be present to prove fault:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care. In cases involving truck accidents, this is readily established because trucks share the roadways with other vehicles. The driver, trucking company, and parts manufacturers owe a duty of care to take reasonable measures to protect the safety of other drivers. When any or all of these parties fail to uphold this duty, they may be liable for any resulting damages.
- There was a breach of this duty of care. If the at-fault party or parties acted negligently, they have breached their duty of care. For example, if the driver was texting while driving or the trucking company failed to replace worn brakes, they will be liable if an accident occurs as a result.
- The breach was responsible for the accident, and it resulted in actual damages, such as the physical injuries and resulting financial losses you have experienced with consequences that may continue in the future We are experienced in navigating the maze of technical trucking regulations to determine how their violation contributed to the happening of the accident, strengthening the case for our injured client.
We Determine the Value of Your Case
To establish the value of your case, we must first investigate. We will look into your injuries and losses and discuss your case with experts (e.g., medical experts, vocational experts, life care planners, and economists) to determine how your injuries have affected you and will continue to affect you over time. Once we have determined the value of your case, we will fight tirelessly to win a settlement or verdict for you that covers these losses.
New Cassel Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Act Quickly or Risk Recovering Nothing
New York has a statute of limitations on truck accidents. If you fail to file a lawsuit within the time limits, you will likely be unable to recover anything. Instead of winning the money-recovery you need and that you are entitled to, you could be left paying out of pocket for your accident-related expenses. Clams and lawsuits have other time deadlines in addition to statutes of limitations. We make sure these are complied with so that your rights are protected and you don’t have to worry. Importantly, the sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible for you.
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Today
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we have decades of experience representing clients in every kind of vehicle accident, including those involving large trucks and small trucks. We will thoroughly investigate your case to determine the best strategy for moving forward and ensure that you understand your legal rights and options before making any decisions.
Our team of New Cassel truck accident lawyers has an impressive track record of obtaining substantial settlements for our clients. If a fair settlement is not possible, subject to the unique circumstances of your case, we are prepared to proceed to court and fight for you before a judge and jury.
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today at 516-932-0400 for a free and confidential consultation about your case. We can assist you in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.