If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident in Huntington, you might be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
If the accident that left you injured was caused by negligence, then the truck driver, trucking company, or truck manufacturer could be held legally responsible. There might be other parties at fault and potentially liable in your truck accident, as well.
A Huntington truck accident lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., can help identify who the liable parties are and name them in a claim or lawsuit. Our legal team can also help place a value on your damages and hold the liable party (or parties) accountable for your losses.
In This Article
- Compensation You Might Be Entitled to Receive After a Truck Accident in Huntington
- What a Lawyer on Our Team Will Do for You
- Statute of Limitations in Your Truck Accident Lawsuit in Huntington
- Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for Help Today
Compensation You Might Be Entitled to Receive After a Truck Accident in Huntington
When you experience a trauma, such as a collision with an 18-wheeler or semi-truck, you might be uncertain of what to do next. You could be in pain, in need of ongoing medical care, and possibly unable to work.
Our team will analyze the unique details of your case and determine the economic and non-economic damages you might be eligible to receive as part of an insurance claim or lawsuit.
You could recover the following types of damages:
- Medical care costs: These expenses include costs for hospital stays, surgeries, rehabilitation costs, assistive medical devices (e.g., a wheelchair or crutches), and prescription medications.
- Lost income: This accounts for the time you missed at work due to your injuries.
- Future lost wages: This is the amount you would have earned had it not been for the truck accident that caused your injuries.
- Other out-of-pocket expenses: These would be any other expenses you incurred due to the truck accident, including property damage to your vehicle.
Non-economic damages are losses that negatively impact your life and do not come with a pre-determined dollar amount:
- Loss of enjoyment: These are activities you used to be able to enjoy before the accident, such as bicycling or working out.
- Pain and suffering: You might be incapable of going about your daily activities because the pain from the injuries is so debilitating. Pain and suffering would also encompass damages such as:
- Emotional anguish: The emotional trauma from the accident might keep you from going to social outings or getting in a car.
- Disfigurement or permanent scarring: The injuries probably changed your appearance or the functionality of a body part.
- Loss of consortium: You could obtain this loss if your relationship with your spouse or long-time romantic partner was affected.
A Huntington truck accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. knows the state laws that apply to cases like yours.
For a free legal consultation with a Truck Accident lawyer serving Huntington, call 516-932-0400
What a Lawyer on Our Team Will Do for You
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we are passionate advocates for the injured. Our attorneys will handle all aspects of your case from start to finish. If you choose to hire us to represent you in your Huntington truck accident case, we will do the following for you:
- Keep you updated on the progress of your case
- Identify all liable parties
- Handle all communications with the involved parties for you
- Collect evidence
- Determine a value for your case
- Fight relentlessly to win the best possible case outcome for you
As your lawyer in your personal injury case, we will establish negligence on the part of the truck driver or trucking company. We may also establish whether a truck manufacturer was negligent if a defective part played a role in your accident.
Your attorney will need to establish the following elements of negligence in order to build your case:
- The other party had a duty of care not to put you or others in harm’s way.
- The other party breached that duty of care.
- You suffered injuries as a result of that breach of duty of care.
- Your injuries led to your financial damages.
If your lawyer proves these four key elements, you could recover compensation from the liable party.
A member of our team can meet with you on Long Island or elsewhere in the New York metropolitan area. We make it convenient for you. In addition, our attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis. That means you pay us no attorney’s fees upfront or out of pocket unless and until we win a settlement for you.
Huntington Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Statute of Limitations in Your Truck Accident Lawsuit in Huntington
A Huntington truck accident lawyer from our firm will also stay on top of all deadlines in your case, so you do not miss your chance for compensation.
New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 lays out the most important deadline in regard to your case. This particular statute is the general three-year statute of limitations. We can determine whether any factors in your case extend or toll this mandate.
The statute of Limitations for Wrongful Death Lawsuits
There is also a statute of limitations to file a wrongful death lawsuit, per Estates, Powers and Trusts § 5-4.1. You generally have two years from the date of their passing to file your case in civil court.
If you have lost a loved one in a truck accident, we extend to you our sincere condolences. We consider it a special privilege to represent the surviving family members of truck accident wrongful death victims.
We are dedicated and determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves. A lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will analyze your case and determine if you have the basis for a wrongful death lawsuit.
If so, we will meet all relevant deadlines on your behalf. Our goal is that by removing this stress from you, you will get to focus on your medical treatment, healing, and recovery.
Click to contact our Huntington Personal Injury Lawyers today
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for Help Today
We are here to help see your personal injury case to completion and get you the compensation you deserve following a Huntington truck accident. We have a multilingual staff and can assist you in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada if needed.
Do not delay in reaching out for your initial, free consultation. Call (516) 932-0400 today to speak to a team member at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. about your case.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form