If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident, you could be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. A Huntington motorcycle accident lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will investigate your case, determine liability, hire such expert witnesses as the case may call for, and fight to protect your rights through an insurance claim or civil lawsuit.
It is not right to expect you to carry the financial burden of a motorcycle accident that was primarily caused by another party. This type of collision could leave you in chronic pain and coping with lifelong injuries. You could deserve compensation for the damages you suffered.
In This Article
- Recoverable Damages After a Motorcycle Accident in Huntington
- Considerations Following Your Motorcycle Accident
- How Our Team Will Help Following Your Huntington Motorcycle Accident
- Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Today
Recoverable Damages After a Motorcycle Accident in Huntington
As a result of your motorcycle accident in Huntington, NY, you are most likely dealing with a lot of pain, missing days from work, and looking into repairing or replacing your motorcycle. Depending on the circumstances of the crash, you might be entitled to compensation for both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages refer to things that have a verifiable value or, stated differently, a hard, fixed cost, including:
- Medical expenses: This includes costs for hospital stays, surgeries, rehabilitation services, assistive medical devices, and prescription medications.
- Lost income: This damage can occur due to days missed from work from attending doctor’s appointments to treat your injuries or some other related reason.
- Loss of future earning capacity: You might claim this damage if you are unable to perform the job duties you had before the accident.
- Other out-of-pocket costs: These might include any property damage, including the cost of repairing or replacing your motorcycle.
Non-economic damages address how the accident affected your quality of life. They include:
- Pain and suffering: This includes physical pain and emotional suffering that you experienced after the accident. Types of pain and suffering might include:
- Emotional distress: This might require counseling, especially if you also have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Disfigurement or permanent scarring: As a result of the accident, your physical appearance could have been permanently altered.
- Loss of enjoyment: Your injuries might prevent you from enjoying activities you did before the accident, such as playing tennis or running.
- Loss of consortium: If your relationship with your spouse was affected by the collision, you may claim this type of damage.
If you lost someone you love in a motorcycle accident, we are deeply sorry for your loss. You might have the basis for a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. A Huntington motorcycle accident lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., can go over the details of your case to determine if you qualify for this type of legal action.
We will be patient, compassionate, and comprehensive in discussing everything you can do via the legal system to obtain the monetary compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Huntington, call 516-932-0400
Considerations Following Your Motorcycle Accident
Here are three things that could protect your right to compensation:
Seek Medical Attention
After your motorcycle crash, it is critical you get medical attention for your injuries. A doctor will evaluate you and ensure you get the treatment you need. It is important you follow the doctor’s orders and complete any medical treatment prescribed.
The medical records and reports of this treatment will be a vital piece of evidence that will be used to support your case by documenting your injuries.
File a Police Report
Filing a police report is important because it could provide answers when an insurance company determines fault for the accident.
In addition to contacting the police from the accident scene so that a police accident report can be prepared, if a crash results in death, injury, or property damage totaling more than $1,000, New York requires the incident to be reported to the Department of Motor Vehicles within 10 days of the accident. (Form MV-104) When you retain our firm we will assist you in completing this form.
Huntington Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
How Our Team Will Help Following Your Huntington Motorcycle Accident
When we assign our lawyer to your case, they will handle it from start to finish. They will:
- Keep you updated on the progress of your case
- Identify and name all liable parties
- Handle all communication with the parties for you
- Collect evidence to support your case
- Determine a value for your case
- Fight relentlessly to win the best possible case outcome for you
If your case calls for it, we will also hire expert witnesses, such as medical experts, life care planners, vocational rehabilitation specialists, and economists to testify on your behalf.
Do Not Delay in Reaching Out For Help
New York has a statute of limitations on personal injury and wrongful death cases (New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214 and Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1). The time-limit clock for starting a lawsuit starts ticking on the day your accident happened or in the tragic event that you lost your loved one in a motorcycle accident, on the day they passed away, respectively.
If you suffered the loss of a loved one, we extend our sincere condolences to you. We consider it a privilege to represent the surviving family members of motorcycle accident wrongful death victims. We are determined to win the monetary compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
The team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will make sure your case is filed in the proper court before the deadline. If you miss the deadline, you will miss your chance to seek compensation.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Today
You should not have to deal with the consequences of a motorcycle accident on your own. Our team is standing by, ready to answer all of your questions and explore your legal options.
We have a multilingual staff ready to assist you in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. We will meet you on Long Island or elsewhere in the New York metropolitan area.
Call (516) 932-0400 for your free consultation with one of our team members today.