If you were riding your motorcycle and sustained injuries in an accident caused by a negligent motorist, you deserve compensation. A Hempstead personal injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. knows how to make that happen.
Please call 516-932-0400 for a free consultation with our legal staff.
- Damages You Might Recover From a Motorcycle Accident
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- When a Motorcycle Accident Ends in Death
- What a Hempstead Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Will Do for Your Case
- Your Hempstead Motorcycle Accident Case is in Good Hands With Us
- Keep in Mind That Your Time for Taking Action is Limited
- Get Help from a Hempstead Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Damages You Might Recover From a Motorcycle Accident
As entertaining as it is to ride a motorcycle, these vehicles present several risk factors not associated with automobiles. Their relative instability, tendency to wobble at high speeds, and lack of encasement, seatbelts, and airbags all add to the mix. As a result, motorcycle riders who experience accidents risk sustaining severe injuries.
The costs of medical treatment and other expenses can combine with the loss of income from missing work to create a hefty financial burden.
A Hempstead motorcycle accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is here to fight for your right to compensation. You do not need to bear the burden for an accident you did not cause. We will work tirelessly to make sure the at-fault party or their insurance carrier pay a just settlement or that the presiding court finds for you with a just award.
Some of the damages you might recover from an insurance settlement or a jury verdict include the following:
- Lost wages and benefits
- Cost of medical treatments
- Future/ongoing medical costs
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Prescription medicine costs
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished life enjoyment
- Pain management medication
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident lawyer serving Hempstead, call 516-932-0400
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
A wide range of behaviors and conditions can lead to a motorcycle accident. Among the most common are the following:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Poor road conditions (low lighting, potholes, lack of maintenance, debris, bad signage, etc.)
- Driving while tired or drowsy
- Novice drivers
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Making an illegal turn
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Neglecting to obey traffic signals
- Manufacturer defect in the motorcycle
- Driving while distracted
- Mechanical failure
- Making an illegal lane change
- Lack of traffic controls
Hempstead Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
When a Motorcycle Accident Ends in Death
Compared with other vehicle accidents , motorcycle accidents resulted in 28 times more deaths than other vehicles in 2016 according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
If a member of your family or a loved one died as the result of injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident, you can file a wrongful death action against the negligent party who caused the accident.
What a Hempstead Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Will Do for Your Case
Our injury lawyers will address all details of your claim for damages leaving you to focus on your recovery. We handle the following:
Investigating Your Accident
We will gather and analyze evidence such as witness accounts, police reports, medical reports, and opinions of expert witnesses.
Determining Fault and Liability
Using findings from our investigation, we will prove who had a duty to behave in a way to keep you from harm. We will prove that this person failed in that responsibility, that this failure caused your accident and your injuries, and that you suffered damages as a result of the accident.
Calculating Your Damages
Depending upon the requirements of a particular case, we will:
- Enlist the help of economic consultants to validate the financial burden you have borne, and will likely bear in the future due to your injuries.
- Collaborate with vocational consultants who can speak to the impact your injuries will have on your ability to do the work you are accustomed to doing to earn a living.
- Talk to medical experts to interpret the extent of your injuries, and what treatment they will require now and in the future.
- Discuss your case with life care planners to determine whether you might need ongoing care and the costs you can expect.
Working with the Insurance Companies
We will contact the insurer of the liable party to present the damages you need to recover, and negotiate aggressively on your behalf for a fair settlement.
Filing a Lawsuit
As called for, if the insurer refuses to agree to a just settlement, we will file a lawsuit against the liable party. We will represent you in court and litigate your case with conviction.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Your Hempstead Motorcycle Accident Case is in Good Hands With Us
Our law firm has proudly fought for the rights of the injured since 1991. We are committed to giving you peace of mind knowing that we have everything under control.
We pledge a level of service and professionalism that will help you do just that. We pride ourselves on consistently delivering the following services to our clients:
- We will keep you updated throughout your case.
- We will investigate and document your case.
- We will establish fault and liability in your motorcycle accident.
- We will calculate your damages.
- We will manage all aspects of your case.
- We will not collect fees from you unless and until we have recovered compensation for you.
Keep in Mind That Your Time for Taking Action is Limited
New York’s statute of limitations requires that you pursue legal action within a limited period of time following your motorcycle accident. Failing to act within this timeframe could have negative consequences on the outcome of your case.
Also, by moving sooner rather than later, you give your attorney more time to prepare a winning case. Call 516-932-0400 now to get the ball rolling today.
Get Help from a Hempstead Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Our professional staff can assist you in several languages including English, Tamil, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, and Kannada. Call now to enjoy a free legal consultation that is also free of obligation. Call 516-932-0400.