If you or a loved one sustained serious physical injuries and emotional trauma as the result of a motorcycle accident in Mineola that was caused by someone else, all the resulting damages you have suffered should not be yours to bear. You deserve compensation for your losses and suffering. Our lawyers can help.
A Mineola personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can represent you, vigorously and effectively in your quest for compensation. Call us today for a free, no-obligation case review.
- How Another Party’s Negligence Can Cause a Motorcycle Accident in Mineola
- How a Mineola Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
- Our Mineola Car Accident Lawyers Will Investigate Your Case
- Establishing Negligence and Liability for Your Mineola Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Determining the Value of Your Mineola Motorcycle Accident Claim
- New York Limits Your Time to Take Legal Action
- You Deserve Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident, and Our Attorneys Are Determined To Win The Best Possible Recovery For You Get It
How Another Party’s Negligence Can Cause a Motorcycle Accident in Mineola
Even the most skilled and experienced motorcycle rider can be in danger on a motorcycle. Compared with a four-wheeled vehicle, a motorcycle offers its operators relative instability and a tendency to wobble at high speeds. Of course, when compared with cars, trucks and busses, motorcycles lack the structural protections of a passenger compartment and the additional protections of such safety features as seatbelts and airbags.
Beyond these risk factors, a broad range of behaviors and conditions can cause motorcycle accidents. Some of the most common contributors include other drivers behaving negligently and engaging in the following:
- Driving while distracted
- Illegal turns
- Manufacturer defects
- Illegal lane changes
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Excessive speeds
- Novice drivers
- Failure to notice the motorcycle
- Disobeying traffic signals
- Debris or obstacles on the road
Poor road conditions, inadequate lighting, and poor weather can also create conditions where accidents are more likely to happen. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a free consultation to see how we can fight for your right to recover compensation.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), motorcyclists are far more likely than vehicle occupants to sustain serious, possibly, life-threatening injuries, in a motorcycle-versus-vehicle collision.
Frequently reported injuries include:
- Cuts, scrapes, and lacerations
- Head, neck, and spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Broken/fractured limbs
- Traumatic amputations
- Lasting or permanent disfigurement
Burns that result from being dragged across road surfaces (commonly known as road rash) are also often seen in motorcycle accident victims. We will carefully document your injuries, the specific aspects of the accident that cause them, and their long- and short-term costs.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident lawyer serving Mineola, call 516-932-0400
How a Mineola Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
Sometimes accident victims are reluctant to take charge in their pursuit of recoverable damages. The process may seem intimidating or too complicated to take on, especially as one tries to recover from their physical injuries. This can seem even more complex when injured riders learn that they cannot turn to their own insurer for compensation, as bikers and their passengers don’t qualify for Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage. (Often referred to as “No-Fault” benefits in New York State.)
However, you do not need to handle this process alone. We believe our services offer a perfect solution for the motorcycle accident injury victim who feels they should take action while also feeling overwhelmed or even intimidated by the process.
When you hire a Mineola motorcycle accident attorney from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., know that you will receive comprehensive, beginning-to-end legal services, tailored to your needs. As a function of handling your motorcycle accident case, we commit to:
- Keeping you updated on the progress of your case
- Identifying all the liable parties in your accident
- Communicating with all parties, including insurance companies, witnesses, law enforcement, and lawyers
- Gathering evidence to support your claim
- Determining the value of your case based on damages you have already experienced and will continue to experience well into the future
- Fighting relentlessly on your behalf for the best possible case outcome
Mineola Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Our Mineola Car Accident Lawyers Will Investigate Your Case
Your legal team will immediately embark on a diligent investigation of your motorcycle accident. Their work in this regard may include:
- Visiting the scene of your motorcycle accident
- Interviewing eyewitnesses
- Gathering and documenting photos and videos (e.g., available surveillance and dashcam footage)
- Obtaining official police accident reports
- Collecting your medical records
- Getting wage statements from your employer
As called for by the particular details of your case, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will also obtain professional opinions from experts in the field of medicine, economics, vocational therapy, and life-care planning to speak to the current, ongoing, and future impact your injuries will have on your life.
The sooner you call, the sooner we can begin investigating your motorcycle accident. Call us today to get started.
Establishing Negligence and Liability for Your Mineola Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Tort law (i.e., the area of law that deals with accident injury cases,) requires that your motorcycle accident injury claim prove four statements to be true:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care to take reasonable steps to protect you from injury. For example, drivers must check and be certain the lane they intend to enter is clear of any riders before switching lanes.
- The defendant breached this duty of care. The driver did not check for a motorcycle before changing lanes.
- The defendant’s breach of duty caused your motorcycle accident. Their failure to check and be certain the lane was clear caused them to sideswipe you.
- The motorcycle accident caused you to sustain the physical, emotional, and economic damages you are claiming. You suffered injuries, lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
Your legal team will argue the truth of the above statements using evidence gathered in the investigation of your accident, with a goal of leaving no doubt as to the defendant’s liability for your damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Determining the Value of Your Mineola Motorcycle Accident Claim
After identifying the at-fault party and establishing their negligence and liability, your legal team will set out to recover your damages. Your medical bills and wage statements, combined with the expert opinions we gathered during our investigation, will enable us to craft a compelling argument that we will present to the insurer of the negligent party in your case.
Some of the types of damages we might recover from your motorcycle accident include the following:
- Medical care fees
- Emergency transportation costs
- Prescription medicines
- Physical rehabilitation
- Assistive mobility devices
- Home modifications
- Replacement services
- Lost income and benefits
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
We will negotiate with insurers to obtain the maximum settlement for your motorcycle accident injuries. If the insurance company does not agree to an appropriate settlement, we are ready to pursue the matter in civil court and advocate for you before a judge and jury, who can issue an award in your favor in their verdict.
Compensation for Wrongful Death Actions
If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, we are very sorry for your loss. Please accept our sincere condolences.
To help alleviate the economic burden of your loss, know that you can pursue a wrongful death action against the negligent party who caused your loved one’s motorcycle accident. We will fight tirelessly for the economic compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
New York Limits Your Time to Take Legal Action
New York’s motor vehicle accident statute of limitations limits the amount of time you have from the date of your motorcycle accident to pursue legal action. In addition to the Statute of Limitations, claims and litigation are governed by other critical time periods.
By hiring a personal injury attorney sooner, you diminish your chances of missing important deadlines. This reduces the stress on you and permits you to focus on your medical treatment, your recovery, and rebuilding your post-accident life to the greatest extent possible.
Furthermore, obtaining legal counsel now will give your lawyer an early start on gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and so on, which can help build a winning case. The sooner you retain our firm, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible on your behalf.
Leave Post-Accident Insurance Matters to Us
The at-fault party’s insurance company plays a huge role in resolving your case. Most personal injury cases will be resolved with an insurance settlement versus a trial once evidence is submitted and reviewed.
To support your post-accident financial recovery, we will handle all case-related communications. In fact, you should not speak with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Anything you say could be misconstrued. Even worse, your words can be deliberately twisted and presented out of context so as to dramatically weaken your case.
Our legal team will handle the back-and-forth process of:
- Negotiating for the highest settlement offer
- Reviewing each monetary offer
- Weighing each offer’s pros and cons
We will also protect you from bad faith insurance practices, including unwarranted delays in compensating you once a settlement agreement has been reached.
We Will Take Your Motorcycle Accident Case on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Many people shy away from hiring a personal injury lawyer out of concern for the resulting costs. When our motorcycle accident lawyer represents you, we do not charge you any upfront fees at all.
Our fee structure means we will do all of the following at no out-of-pocket cost to you:
- Review your motorcycle accident case
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation
- Hire expert witnesses and consultants
- Cover all document and filing fees
- Negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurer
- Represent you in court, if needed
We see to it that these costs are paid while the case is pending and then we receive compensation only when you do. We are transparent about our fee agreement, the percentage of your financial award we accept, and the way compensation from the insurance company is handled.
Results We Obtained for Previous Motorcycle Accident Clients
Between medical care and an inability to return to work, your motorcycle accident could be costly to recover from. We never stop fighting for the compensation you deserve for another person’s negligence.
Our history of case results includes:
- $1,875,000 for a motorcyclist who was struck by a vehicle making a left turn and suffered a fractured leg that required multiple surgical procedures
- $925,000 for the surviving family of a 22-year-old motorcyclist who was fatally injured in a motorcycle accident
Our commitment to the best possible outcome and outstanding client service and support is why clients like Barbara Montalvo leave reviews like the following: “You couldn’t have a better team…When the offer was small, and the defendants didn’t want to budge, my amazing legal team came out “swinging” to double that amount so that in the end I would have the best result”.
You Deserve Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident, and Our Attorneys Are Determined To Win The Best Possible Recovery For You Get It
So many motorcycle features—their lack of encasement, seat belts, and airbags, for example—contribute to the extreme risk of serious injury these motor vehicles pose. However, riding without those safety features does not mean you deserve to be injured.
The fact remains that everyone connected to your being on the road on your motorcycle the day of your accident—from the bike manufacturer to road maintenance organizations and other drivers—owed you a responsibility to do their part to keep you from becoming injured.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will fight vigorously to make sure the negligent parties who may have violated their duty pay for your subsequent damages. Call us today for a free consultation.