If you or a loved one sustained serious physical injuries and emotional trauma as the result of a motorcycle accident in Mineola that was caused by someone else all the resulting damages you have suffered should not be yours to bear. You deserve compensation for your losses and suffering.
A Mineola motorcycle accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can represent you, vigorously and effectively, in your quest for compensation. Call us today at 516-932-0400 for a free, no-obligation case review.
In This Article
- How Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Mineola
- How a Mineola Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
- Investigation of Your Case by a Mineola Car Accident Lawyer
- Establishing Negligence and Liability for Your Mineola Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Determining the Value of Your Mineola Motorcycle Accident Claim
- New York Limits Your Time to Take Legal Action
- You Deserve Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident and We Can Help You Get It
How Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Mineola
Even the most skilled and experienced motorcycle rider can be in danger on a motorcycle. Compared with a four-wheeled vehicle, a motorcycle offers its operators relative instability and a tendency to wobble at high speeds. Of course, when compared with cars and trucks, motorcycles lack the protections of a passenger compartment.
Beyond these risk factors, a broad range of behaviors and conditions can cause motorcycle accidents. Some of the most common contributors include other drivers behaving negligently and engaging in the following:
- Driving while distracted
- Illegal turns
- Manufacturer defects
- Illegal lane changes
- Failure to yield right of way
- Excessive speeds
- Novice drivers
- Failure to notice the motorcycle
- Disobeying traffic signals
- Debris or obstacles on the road
Poor road conditions, inadequate lighting, and poor weather can also create conditions where accidents are more likely to happen. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a free consultation to see how we can fight for your right to recover compensation: 516-932-0400.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Mineola, call 516-932-0400
How a Mineola Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
Sometimes accident victims are reluctant to take charge in their pursuit of recoverable damages. The process may seem intimidating or too complicated to take on, especially as one tries to recover from their physical injuries. However, you do not need to handle it alone.
When you hire a Mineola motorcycle accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., know that you will receive comprehensive, beginning-to-end legal services, tailored to your needs. As a function of handling your motorcycle accident case, we commit to:
- Keeping you updated on the progress of your case
- Identifying all the liable parties in your accident
- Communicating with all parties, including insurance companies, witnesses, law enforcement, and lawyers
- Gathering evidence to support your claim
- Determining the value of your case based on damages you have already experienced and will continue to experience well into the future
Mineola Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Investigation of Your Case by a Mineola Car Accident Lawyer
Your legal team will immediately embark on a diligent investigation of your motorcycle accident. Their work in this regard may include:
- Visiting the scene of your motorcycle accident
- Interviewing eyewitnesses
- Gathering and documenting photos and videos
- Obtaining official police accident reports
- Collecting your medical records
- Getting wage statements from your employer
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will also obtain professional opinions from experts in the field of medicine, economics, vocational therapy, and life-care planning to speak to the current, ongoing, and future impact your injuries will have on your life.
The sooner you call, the sooner we can begin investigating your motorcycle accident. Call us today at 516-932-0400.
Establishing Negligence and Liability for Your Mineola Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Tort law requires that your motorcycle accident injury claim prove four statements to be true:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care to take reasonable steps to protect you from injury.
- The defendant breached this duty of care.
- The defendant’s breach of duty caused your motorcycle accident.
- The motorcycle accident caused you to sustain physical, emotional, and economic damages.
Your legal team will argue the truth of the above statements using evidence gathered in the investigation of your accident, with a goal of leaving no doubt as to the defendant’s liability for your damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Determining the Value of Your Mineola Motorcycle Accident Claim
After identifying the at-fault party and establishing their negligence and liability, your legal team will set out to recover your damages. Your medical bills and wage statements, combined with the expert opinions we gathered during our investigation, will enable us to craft a compelling argument that we will present to the insurer of the negligent party in your case.
Some of the types of damages we might recover from your motorcycle accident include the following:
- Medical care fees
- Emergency transportation costs
- Prescription medicines
- Physical rehabilitation
- Assistive mobility devices
- Home modifications
- Replacement services
- Lost income and benefits
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
We will negotiate with insurers to obtain the maximum settlement for your motorcycle accident injuries. If the insurance company does not agree to an appropriate settlement, we are ready to pursue the matter in civil court and advocate for you before a judge and jury, who can issue an award in your favor in their verdict.
Compensation for Wrongful Death Actions
If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, we are very sorry for your loss.
To help alleviate the economic burden of your loss, know that you can pursue a wrongful death action against the negligent party who caused your loved one’s motorcycle accident. We will fight tirelessly for economic compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today for a free consultation with a wrongful death attorney: 516-932-0400.
New York Limits Your Time to Take Legal Action
New York’s motor vehicle accident statute of limitations limits the amount of time you have from the date of your motorcycle accident to pursue legal action. In addition to the Statute of Limitations, claims and litigation are governed by other critical time periods. By hiring a personal injury lawyer sooner, rather than later, you diminish your chances for missing important deadlines. This reduces the stress on you and permits you to focus on your medical treatment, your recovery and rebuilding your post-accident life to the greatest extent possible.
Furthermore, obtaining legal counsel now will give your lawyer an early start on gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and so on, that can help build a winning case. The sooner you retain our firm, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible on your behalf.
You Deserve Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident and We Can Help You Get It
So many motorcycle features—their lack of encasement, seatbelts, and airbags, for example—contribute to the extreme risk of serious injury these motor vehicles pose. The fact remains that everyone connected to your being on the road on your motorcycle the day of your accident—from the bike manufacturer to road maintenance organizations and other drivers—owed you a responsibility to do their part to keep you from becoming injured.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will fight vigorously to make sure the negligent parties who may have violated their duty to pay for your damages. Call us today for a free consultation: 516-932-0400