If you were in a motorcycle accident, you may be facing extensive medical bills and property damage expenses, all while unable to work. You may also be in considerable pain due to your injuries. Fortunately, injured motorcyclists may qualify to recover compensation for injuries sustained in an accident. We will fight to win the best possible outcome for you.
If you were hurt in an accident, call a New Cassel motorcycle accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at 516-932-0400 for a free consultation about your case. You could qualify to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
In This Article
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- How a New Cassel Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Will Help
- Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Today
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Other drivers may fail to look for and see motorcyclists. Reckless, aggressive, and careless driving by other drivers puts motorcyclists at great risk. Some examples of negligent driving behaviors that cause accidents with motorcyclists include:
- Failure to yield to motorcycles
- Failure to obey traffic rules or road signs (e.g., running a red light)
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Distracted driving
- Illegal turns or lane changes (e.g., turning left in front of an oncoming motorcycle)
- Following too closely
If another driver caused your accident, you can recover compensation for your damages from the at-fault driver. Our lawyers will help you establish how the accident happened and who is at fault. We may rely on police reports, eyewitness testimony, expert testimony, and more to prove fault and demand the compensation you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving New Cassel, call 516-932-0400
How a New Cassel Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Will Help
The only thing you should focus on after any personal injury accident is treatment and recovery from injuries. Our legal team will investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident to identify the at-fault party or parties and build your case so that you can focus on healing.
Here are some of the ways our New Cassel motorcycle accident lawyers work to provide the highest level of legal representation for injured motorcyclists:
Keep Open Lines of Communication
Any time you have questions or concerns, we will make ourselves available to you. We will also keep you abreast of any developments in your case and give periodic updates as to your case’s progress. Please see our testimonials to learn more about how we help injured people with their legal claims.
Identify Liable Parties and Prove Fault
We investigate your accident to identify any liable parties. In almost all cases, the liable party is another driver. Our investigation gathers the evidence we then use to build your case and prove fault. Our efforts on your behalf are aimed at demonstrating:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care. All road users owe others, including motorcyclists, a duty of care.
- The defendant breached that duty of care by driving recklessly or carelessly (i.e., was negligent). Examples of negligence include merging into a motorcyclist’s lane without looking, speeding, failure to yield, and running a red light or stop sign.
- The defendant’s negligence caused the accident. We build your case to connect the defendant’s negligence to the accident through evidence like police reports and eyewitness testimony.
- You suffered damages as a result, including medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
Communicate with Insurance Companies and Other Parties for You
Some of the other parties that may be involved in your case include insurance companies, the defendant(s), the police, eyewitnesses, expert witnesses, and more.
Our team will communicate with these parties on your behalf so you can focus on getting better. We will help file insurance claims, lawsuits, speak with insurers for you, negotiate for a settlement, retrieve police reports and medical records, talk to eyewitnesses, and more.
Gather Evidence to Prove Fault & Value of Damages
To prove fault, we will gather evidence from various sources, including the following:
- Pictures from the scene of the accident
- Official police reports
- Medical records
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Expert witnesses (e.g., medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists)
- Wage statements
Calculate Your Damages and Fight for Compensation
Your case must also establish the value of your damages. You can recover compensation for your short-term medical bills and lost wages, as well as long-term medical bills and lost wages. For example, you may qualify to recover compensation for lost wages while recovering from injuries, as well as reduced earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from earning your pre-injury wages or salary.
In addition to medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage bills, there may be damages that are more difficult to calculate, such as emotional pain and suffering. Our New Cassel motorcycle accident lawyers will help you place a value on these noneconomic damages as well.
Here is a more robust list of recoverable damages, though you may qualify to recover other damages as well depending on your case:
- Medical bills, including doctor visits, physical therapy, imaging, hospitalization, ambulance fees, prescription medications, durable medical equipment, and in-home or residential care
- Lost wages and employment benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Disability and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
- Property damages
We will also help your family file a wrongful death case if you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident.
New Cassel Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Today
If you were in a motorcycle accident:
- See a doctor if you were hurt in the accident.
- Keep any paperwork, photographs, eyewitness information, and other documentation of the accident.
- Consult an accident lawyer about your case.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we have been representing clients in motorcycle accidents, car accidents, and all other types of personal injury since 1991. Our knowledgeable, compassionate attorneys understand the nuances of motorcycle accident cases and how to build a case to get the recovery you need.
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today at 516-932-0400 for a free and confidential consultation about your case. You have a limited time to act, so act right away before any deadlines pass. The sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible for you.