Burn injuries often lead to disabilities that vary based on the injury’s severity. When our New Cassel burn injury lawyer accepts your case, we delve into the cause of your injury and document its impact on your physical and emotional health.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our personal injury lawyers handle every aspect of your case. We start with a no-cost, no-obligation initial consultation. When we take on your case, we do all of the hard work and legwork of fighting for the financial compensation you need and deserve.
- Types and Degrees of Burn Injuries in New Cassel, New York
- Economic and Non-Economic Damages in a Serious Burn Injury Case
- Get Your Free Burn Injury Case Consultation
Types and Degrees of Burn Injuries in New Cassel, New York
Accidental burns of any severity sometimes involve a variety of causes and contributing factors. Cleveland Clinic cites thermal, chemical, radiation, and electrical as types of burn injuries. It further cites the following causes of such injuries:
- Accidental and intentionally set fires
- Contact with hot liquids, steam, and surfaces
- Dangerous chemical and electrical exposure
Burns sometimes result from motor vehicle accidents and exposure to hazardous substances. Our New Cassel burn injury attorneys will review all documentation related to the cause of your injury. We also conduct our own investigation to get to the bottom of the accident and prove you are entitled to financial compensation.
What You Need to Know About The Financial Recovery Process
The financial recovery process after a negligence-based accident depends on proving the at-fault party’s negligence with a robust and compelling evidence collection:
- Accident or incident report
- Medical records and bills
- Job and salary records
- Accident scene photos
- Injury photos
- Witness statements
The evidence collection we assemble will prove the following required elements of negligence—duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages. We document these elements to prove your case meets the legal parameters of personal injury compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a Burn Injury lawyer serving New Cassel, call 516-932-0400
Economic and Non-Economic Damages in a Serious Burn Injury Case
Our burn injury lawyers representing clients in New Cassel will document your recoverable damages and ensure they are assigned an accurate monetary value. We work hard to ensure you recover all the compensation you are entitled to and are not further victimized by a speedy, lowball, or otherwise insufficient settlement amount.
With our guidance and support, you will recoup the following types of damages:
- Recoverable economic damages are tangible and typically substantiated with bills, receipts, estimates, and other documents. They include past, current, and future medical bills and losses of income. Economic damages also include assistive medical devices, treatment-related travel costs, and property damage or destruction.
- Recoverable non-economic damages include physical disability, physical disfigurement, pain and suffering, mental anguish, emotional trauma, and diminished quality of life.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we are proud to support the families of burn injury fatalities. We passionately pursue appropriate wrongful death damages on your behalf and work hard to achieve the appropriate compensation for you and your family.
Our Burn Injury Attorney Ensures Your Potential Lawsuit is Filed on Time
The statute of limitations is an important part of your case. State law determines the amount of time you have to file your lawsuit. The personal injury statute of limitations (New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214) and wrongful death statute of limitations (Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1) vary.
The statute also varies according to the age of the injured party and the at-fault party’s actions. The best way to ensure the state’s filing deadline is to let our burn injury attorney handle it for you. We will ensure it is accurately interpreted and filed within the allotted time.
When you act before the statute of limitations expires, we also have time to canvass the accident scene, request accident reconstruction, and interview witnesses while their memories are fresh. The sooner you contact us, the more time we have to build the strongest possible case for appropriate compensation.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Works Hard to Support Burn Injury Victims
While you recover from your burn injuries, we come to you. Our legal team will meet you anywhere in the New York metropolitan area. We also all of the following to bolster and support your case:
- Provide ongoing updates on the progress of your case
- Ensure all potentially liable parties are identified
- Handle all verbal, written, and electronic communication
- Gather all relevant documentation and physical evidence
- Determine the comprehensive monetary value of your case
We also identify and consult with the following subject matter experts who substantiate your case: medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists. Leave it to us—we leave no stone unturned when building the best possible case for you.
See Why Previous Clients Recommend Our Client-Focused Law Firm
Our law firm works hard to meet the individualized needs of every injured client we represent. We even have a multilingual staff to assist in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. Of our support, previous clients say:
- Michael: “The driver of a car that ran a red light at high speed crashed into the car that I was driving…I hired Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to represent me…I received excellent service…I would give my highest recommendation to Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.”
- Mayur M.: “Roger and Eddie are really great guys…after the accident, my life completely change…but Roger and Eddie took care of me.”
Every client we serve is a priority to our entire team, so we work hard to ensure you are treated like a person, not a case file.
New Cassel Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Get Your Free Burn Injury Case Consultation
If you suffered burn injuries as the result of someone else’s negligence, our New Cassel burn injury lawyer will build a case for appropriate compensation.
Our legal team will meet you anywhere in the New York metropolitan area. Get started today by contacting one of our consultation team members at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today.