If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident due to the negligence of another, you may be able to obtain significant compensation for any damages suffered. Falls are a leading cause of accidental death and injury in this country, with more than 800,000 people requiring hospitalization as a result of a fall-related injury every year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Serious falls can lead to broken bones, soft tissue damage, and head injuries. Although the elderly have the greatest risk of fall-related injuries, anyone can be a victim. Regardless of how your injuries occur, a New Cassel slip and fall accident and injury lawyer can help you recover damages.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we will investigate the details of your case to determine how to move forward, and we will ensure that you understand your rights and options before taking the next step.
Our legal team understands the complexities of slip and fall accident cases, and we have an impressive track record of negotiating significant settlements for our clients. Although our goal is to settle out of court, we are prepared to take your case to trial if the settlement offer is unreasonably low.
Contact us today at 516-932-0400 for a free and confidential consultation about your case.
In This Article
- Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
- Proving Negligence
- How a New Cassel Slip and Fall Accident and Injury Lawyer Can Help
- Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Today
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
There are many potential causes for slip and fall accidents, but the most common include:
- Poor surface conditions, such as uneven pavement or flooring, recently waxed or mopped floors, crumpled rugs or mats, and loose floorboards
- Spilled liquids and other slippery substances
- Grease on the floor
- Icy pavement
- Water tracked into entryways from rain, snow, or ice outside
- Debris or clutter in store aisles or other walkways
- Poor lighting
- Cords and wires
- Lack of handrails where necessary
- Uneven or slippery stairways
If any of the above scenarios contributed to your slip and fall accident, or if you were injured due to another form of negligence, a New Cassel slip and fall accident lawyer can help you protect your rights.
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Accident lawyer serving New Cassel, call 516-932-0400
Falls may result from no fault of another, but negligence is often a factor. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident due to another’s negligence, you can — and should — hold the responsible party accountable for their actions. A New Cassel slip and fall accident attorney can help you determine fault, prove negligence, and gather the necessary evidence to substantiate your claim and win your case.
To prove negligence, our injury lawyers must be able to show that the at-fault party or parties had a duty of care to not cause you harm, that they breached that duty, that the breach caused the accident and your injuries, and that you suffered actual damages.
New Cassel Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
How a New Cassel Slip and Fall Accident and Injury Lawyer Can Help
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we understand how insurance companies and other attorneys think. We will ask the right questions, gather pertinent evidence, handle paperwork, negotiate with insurance companies, deal with all involved parties, and position you to get the compensation you deserve.
With more than 25 years of experience handling all types of personal injury cases, we have the experience and reputation to win your case. If you have been injured, the only thing you should be focused on is healing.
A New Cassel slip and fall accident lawyer will work tirelessly to:
- Keep the lines of communication open: We are available to answer any of your questions or concerns, and we will keep you updated about all significant case developments.
- Protect your rights: Our legal team understands the nuances of New York slip and fall law, and we will ensure that all deadlines are met and all guidelines are closely adhered to.
- Identify and hold liable all at-fault parties: We will analyze your case to determine fault and gather evidence to substantiate your claim. If negligence was a factor, we will prove fault by demonstrating that the at-fault party owed you a duty of care, breached that duty, and caused your injuries and any resulting damages.
- Gather all necessary evidence: The most common types of evidence we collect to prove fault include pictures, both from the scene of the accident and from injuries that present days and weeks after; police reports and medical records; eyewitness statements; statements from expert witnesses; and wage statements.
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Today
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. we know just how devastating slip and fall accidents can be. From broken hips to traumatic brain injuries, falls cause some of the most debilitating injuries of any personal injury accident. Our legal team has been representing clients in slip and fall cases since 1991.
If you have been injured due to another’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more. We will work diligently to get you the compensation you deserve in a timely manner.