Property owners have an obligation to keep their property safe and free from hazards. Whether it is a home or business, property owners should be aware of potentially dangerous conditions and repair them in a reasonable amount of time.
If you were injured in a slip and fall, or a trip and fall, accident, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages.
Call a Floral Park slip and fall accident and injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today to find out how our slip and fall accident and injury lawyers will help you recover the compensation you deserve. For a free consultation on Long Island or in the New York metropolitan area, call (516) 932-0400.
In This Article
- Contact a Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Accident Injury Lawyer Immediately
- Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Recommends the Following After a Slip and Fall
- Our Firm Accepts Many Kinds of Slip and Fall Cases
- Proving Liability for Your Slip and Fall Claim
- Common Injuries From a Slip and Fall Accident
- We Pursue Recoverable Damages in a Slip and Fall Claim
- A Slip and Fall Accident and Injury Lawyer Is Here to Help
- Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a Free Consultation
Contact a Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Accident Injury Lawyer Immediately
It is in your best interest to call a slip and fall, or trip and fall, accident injury lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. as soon as possible after your accident. However, you should first see your doctor or medical provider after an accident. You want to have your injuries treated immediately for your best health and to document your injuries for an insurance claim or legal action.
In our experience, it is best to begin on a slip and fall accident right away. There are several reasons for this:
- Evidence is collected or recorded before it is removed, repaired, or eroded
- Witnesses generally have more exact recall when the events are fresh in their minds
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 limits the amount of time you have to file legal action against a negligent property owner and other claim and litigation time limits apply as well
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall lawyer serving Floral Park, call 516-932-0400
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Recommends the Following After a Slip and Fall
Since 1991, our legal team has been passionate advocates for people who become injured or disabled because of another person’s negligence. We will fight for the compensation you deserve and suggest the following actions to help us get the best outcome for you:
- Get help: do not try to get up by yourself if you hit your head, are dizzy, or if you believe you have significant injuries
- Get medical care: if your injuries are not life-threatening, have someone take you to your doctor or the nearest urgent care center
- Report the fall: depending on where you were injured, you should report the incident to your supervisor, a store manager, or the property owner
- Take pictures: if possible, take pictures of the accident scene with your cell phone, including the hazard(s) that caused your fall, the lighting, floor conditions, and other information that will be useful
Our slip and fall accident and injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will investigate your case, prove liability, and pursue compensation for your injuries and losses. Call (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation at your home or the hospital.
Floral Park Slip and Fall Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Our Firm Accepts Many Kinds of Slip and Fall Cases
Slip and fall accidents are often caused by negligence. Our legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. handle slip and fall cases that are caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Torn or loose carpet or rugs
- Spills or leaks
- Unsecured cables or cords
- Unsafe stairwells or missing handrail
- Unmarked step, curb, or incline
- Insufficient lighting
- Uncleared ice or snow
- Debris or other hazards on the sidewalk, aisle, or walkway
- Broken, raised, depressed or otherwise uneven and dangerous walkway or sidewalk
Proving Liability for Your Slip and Fall Claim
Our slip and fall accident and injury lawyers investigate the cause of your accident. We obtain the necessary evidence that might include:
- Your personal account and/or photos
- Eyewitness statements
- Accident report
- Closed-circuit video footage, if available
- Evaluation by your medical provider about your injuries
- Other documents that will be used to find fault
Let a Floral Park slip and fall accident and injury lawyer take care of seeking compensation for your damages while you concentrate on feeling better. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a free consultation: (516) 932-0400.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Injuries From a Slip and Fall Accident
Slip and fall accidents are a leading factor in missed workdays and emergency room visits, according to the quick facts of the National Fall Safety Institute.
Common injuries from this type of accident include:
- Broken wrists
- Twisted, sprained, or torn ligaments
- Slipped or herniated spinal disk
- Fractured or broken bones
- Chipped teeth or damaged dental work
We Pursue Recoverable Damages in a Slip and Fall Claim
A slip and fall accident and injury lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will seek recoverable damages that might include the following:
- Medical care including ambulance and emergency room services
- Imaging tests such as X-rays or MRI
- Lost pay
- Prescription drugs and medical equipment (such as crutches)
- Pain and suffering
If your injuries are severe or leave you unable to return to your pre-accident job, our lawyers will seek damages for:
- Diminished earning ability
- Vocational training
- Diminished quality of life
It is our goal to help you recover the compensation you deserve. A slip and fall accident and injury lawyer is ready to start on your claim right away. Call (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation.
A Slip and Fall Accident and Injury Lawyer Is Here to Help
Our legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. wants to maximize your compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial damages. To achieve this goal, we focus on the following services:
Consistent Updates About Your Claim
You will be kept informed at each stage of the recovery process. Our multilingual staff will answer your questions in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
Identify All Liable Parties
We identify all parties who share liability in your injuries.
Communicate With Liable Parties
We take care of all communication with the defendant, the insurance adjuster, and other involved parties.
Our team has the necessary resources to get proof of liability, injuries, and damages.
Determine Value of Damages
We assess your injuries and losses for a correct valuation of your damages.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a Free Consultation
If you or a family member were injured in a slip and fall accident, you deserve a strong legal advocate to recover compensation. Call a Floral Park slip and fall accident and injury lawyer today for a free consultation: (516) 932-0400.