If another party’s negligence caused you harm, you could receive compensation for damages that you suffered. You could also qualify to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the negligent party and demand compensation for the losses you experienced as a result of your injury.
Our law firm, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., helps people in New Cassel and the surrounding areas in New York by fighting for the compensation they need to recover from their losses.
- Our Law Firm Has Won Multimillion-Dollar Settlements for Victims in New York
- A Personal Injury Lawyer From Our Team Will Fight for Damages from Your Accident
- Our Law Firm Provides Full-Service Treatment When Building Personal Injury Cases
- Our Firm Handles Various Types of Personal Injury Cases in New Cassel, New York
- Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Today to Get Legal Assistance with Your Case
Our Law Firm Has Won Multimillion-Dollar Settlements for Victims in New York
With decades of experience, our legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., represents clients in several types of personal injury cases. Our lawyers have a track record of obtaining substantial settlements and verdicts for our clients, with some of our case results including the following:
- A $10,306,000 verdict for a Brooklyn man who suffered multiple fractures and had to have his right leg amputated below the knee after getting into a subway accident
- A $9,876,000 settlement for a New York man who suffered multiple injuries to the back, shoulder, and ankle in a construction accident
- A $8,045,454 settlement for a child who suffered a birth injury that led to cerebral palsy
- A $4,100,000 settlement for a New York woman who suffered a spinal cord injury in a car accident
Our legal team aims to be as thorough as possible when calculating your damages. We will pursue compensation that is appropriate to your situation and considers potential losses in your future. Our team remains transparent and readily available during this process, so we keep you updated on how we intend to build the case and you will never feel like you are left in the dark.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving New Cassel, call 516-932-0400
A Personal Injury Lawyer From Our Team Will Fight for Damages from Your Accident
The level of compensation you receive is largely dependent on the type of injuries you suffered, the duration of those injuries, how much you have incurred in medical expenses, and whether or not the injuries have prevented you from working.
Our legal team will look into the types of damages you suffered in your accident in New Cassel, then calculate their value. These damages figures will determine how much compensation we should demand when negotiating with the liable party’s legal representatives.
There are many types of damages that entitle plaintiffs to financial compensation, such as:
- Medical treatment expenses you are facing
- Medical treatment expenses you could face in the future, depending on your treatment plan
- Income you lost while recovering from your injuries
- Income you could lose because your injuries are ongoing and might even be permanent
- Pain and suffering you endured because of the accident
- Reductions in your earning potential due to your injuries
- Damages related to having to live with a long-term or permanent disability, loss of bodily function, or significant change in your physical appearance (e.g., scarring)
You could be entitled to other damages not listed here based on how the accident affected you. For example, if you suffered psychological trauma from the accident, you might be able to claim “emotional distress,” which encompasses, among other consequences, depression, anxiety, and insomnia caused by a stressful event.
If the Injured Victim Is Not Present to Pursue Compensation
If your loved one passed away because of their accident-related injuries, we offer you our heartfelt condolences. You could seek to recover damages through a wrongful death lawsuit. This type of civil action allows plaintiffs to pursue additional damages related to their loved ones’ deaths, such as:
- Funeral arrangement costs
- Burial or cremation costs
- Loss of consortium (The special types of harm, recognized by law, that a person experiences when their spouse suffers a wrongful death.)
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of parental guidance (for surviving children)
- Loss of companionship (for surviving spouses)
Our hearts go out to you, as coping with a loved one’s unexpected loss is overwhelming. We want you to know that our team is here to handle all the legal tasks in building your case for you. Rather than try to balance legal obligations with personal matters, you could hire our team to do the hard work for you and gain some peace of mind.
New Cassel Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Our Law Firm Provides Full-Service Treatment When Building Personal Injury Cases
Whether you are filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit about a motor vehicle collision or another type of accident, our team wants to help you prepare for your legal journey. With Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., you don’t just get assigned a lawyer to represent you. You get an entire legal team dedicated to fighting for your financial recovery.
Our duty to you as our client could involve:
- Alerting you when there are new updates in the case
- Investigating the accident to identify who we can sue on your behalf and what the grounds should be
- Collecting evidence to support the claims you make in the case
- Creating the case argument and presenting it to the insurance company or judge
- Negotiating a potential settlement if possible
- Advocating for you in court if necessary
Our legal team will also handle administrative tasks involved in preparing your case, which would involve taking phone calls to collect statements, filling out paperwork, and submitting important documents within their legal deadlines.
Regarding legal deadlines, our legal team will identify how long you have to file the case. New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 generally sets the legal parameters for personal injury cases. However, wrongful death cases follow a separate deadline, which is found in Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1. Other laws govern statutes of limitations as well and claims and lawsuits are subject to numerous time-limiting rules too.
Our Firm Handles Various Types of Personal Injury Cases in New Cassel, New York
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we handle the following types of personal injury cases in New York:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Birth injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog bites
If your accident does not fall under one of these categories or you are unsure whether your case falls under personal injury law in general, our team is still available to review the details. We will let you know how our team will help or what legal options are available to you.
One of our team members will explain your rights within New York’s legislature, then assign a personal injury lawyer from our case to help you in New Cassel.
Components of a Personal Injury Case
For a personal injury claim to be successful, the following criteria must have been present:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care: A “duty of care” generally involves a duty to keep others from harm. For example, a driver owes a duty of care to other drivers on the road. They must follow road rules and use reasonable care when driving.
- The at-fault party breached his duty of care: Continuing the example above, if the driver was texting while driving, they could be held liable for an accident because they breached their duty of care to follow road rules.
- The at-fault driver’s breach of duty caused an accident, and you suffered actual damages as a result: We must be able to connect how the at-fault or liable party’s actions or inactions caused the accident that led to your injuries. Here, we will list the damages you suffered.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we will help you determine liability, prove negligence, and negotiate with the insurance companies to potentially secure a settlement. If the insurance companies are unwilling to offer an acceptable settlement, depending upon the unique circumstances of your accident, we will take the case to court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Today to Get Legal Assistance with Your Case
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we want to help you stand up against the at-fault or liable party and fight for the compensation you need. A personal injury lawyer from our team will serve you in New Cassel and provide updates as the case progresses.
Call our firm today at (516) 932-0400 for a free and confidential consultation about your case. If you prefer to speak in another language, we have a multilingual staff who will assist you in Spanish, Bengali, Greek, Kannada, and Tamil.