If you or a loved one recently suffered a traumatic brain injury such as a concussion in a serious accident, you should turn to our firm for assistance. One of our personal injury lawyers will hold the party responsible for the accident to account for your damages. If necessary, your lawyer will litigate your case for you.
Your lawyer will work for you on a contingency-fee-basis and our firm will consult with you for free. During your consultation, we’ll tell you more about working with your New Cassel brain injury lawyer.
- What Are the Common Causes of Brain Injuries in New York?
- What Damages Are Awarded in New York Brain Injury Cases?
- What Will a New Cassel Brain Injury Lawyer Do for Me?
- How do I Choose the Best Attorney for a Brain Injury in New York?
- Contact Us for a Brain Injury Lawyer in New Cassel, NY
What Are the Common Causes of Brain Injuries in New York?
Mild concussions and other brain injuries are quite common in New York. Typically, these injuries occur in personal injury incidents like:
- Construction site accidents
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bike accidents
- Slip and falls
- Incidents involving a defective consumer or company product
- Sports accidents
Regardless of what kind of accident you or your loved one suffered, our firm can take your case on. We handle all traumatic brain injury (TBI) cases involving negligence.
Our firm also manages cases involving loss of life. If you recently lost a loved one due to a traumatic brain injury, we are terribly sorry this has happened and we extend to you our heartfelt condolences. Our firm would be privileged to manage your case for you. We consider it a special privilege to advocate on behalf of the surviving family members of wrongful death victims. We are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
For a free legal consultation with a Brain Injury lawyer serving New Cassel, call 516-932-0400
What Damages Are Awarded in New York Brain Injury Cases?
In a case like yours, a great number of damages could be awarded. It depends on the severity of the case. Generally, a claimant can be compensated for all of their financial, physical, mental, and emotional damages.
An insurer or a jury may award:
- Medical expenses, including expenses for rehabilitation or long-term care, and expenses for any assistive equipment the claimant may require
- Loss of income and loss of income-earning capacity
- Property-related losses, such as the cost of replacing a vehicle
- Physical disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental disability
- Emotional trauma
- Wrongful death damages, if the case involves loss of life
We understand you may have damages we haven’t listed. Please do not consider the list above as exhaustive. Brain injuries can differ in severity and complexity, so there could be many other damages you could recover. We are ready to review the unique aspects of your case with you and advise you accordingly. Whatever injuries you have suffered, our goal is to win the maximum monetary recovery for you so that you are appropriately compensated for all the damages you have sustained.
New Cassel Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
What Will a New Cassel Brain Injury Lawyer Do for Me?
By managing your entire case for you, your New Cassel, NY brain injury lawyer will relieve you of all the tasks involved in building and resolving the case. You won’t have to worry about any legal matters, so you’ll be able to focus on other matters, like health and family. Your lawyer will do all of the following for you and more:
- Keep you updated about your case: Your lawyer will let you know how your case is progressing. This will help to set your mind at ease.
- Identify liable parties: There may be one party liable for your damages or multiple parties. Additionally, the party involved in your incident may not be the only party liable for your damages. Regardless, your lawyer will identify the liable party or parties, identify how and why they were negligent, and then hold them to account.
- Communicate with all parties for you: Your lawyer will take the calls from the insurance company and any other parties, so you won’t have to talk to them at all. A major benefit of this is that your lawyer will be able to protect your rights. If you speak directly with an insurance carrier, their investigators, and defense lawyers, you may compromise your position without even realizing it. These various parties are typically, “wolves in sheeps’ clothing”. While their demeanor may be friendly and sound caring, their goal is to make sure you recover nothing or as little as possible. To accomplish this they may goad you into making statements that can be used against you.
- Collect evidence for you: Your case needs evidence of your damages and evidence of the other party’s negligence. Such evidence could be your medical bills and any witness statements about your incident, as well as dashcam and surveillance video. Your lawyer will collect all the available, relevant evidence that is required to build a compelling case for you.
- Determine the value of your case: It’s difficult to valuate a case appropriately. To do this, your lawyer will have to give monetary value to your non-monetary damages, like your physical pain as well as your monetary damages, such as lost wages and treatment expenses,
- Negotiate your settlement: Your lawyer will also have to explain the value of your case to the insurance company and prevent the insurer from devaluing your case. Your lawyer will fight for an appropriate settlement even if it means, in some cases, commencing a lawsuit.
- Litigate your case: If the insurer isn’t cooperative, depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, your lawyer will sue and take your case to court. In the courtroom, your lawyer will ask the judge and jury for an appropriate verdict for your case.
How do I Choose the Best Attorney for a Brain Injury in New York?
The best attorney for your case will be one with signifcant experience and many resources. Additionally, your attorney should be part of a successful team.
The attorneys from our firm have these qualifications. Our attorneys take on personal injury cases exclusively, so they have a great deal of experience with cases like yours. Our lawyers also work with many different experts, including medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, and life care planners. These experts can serve as expert witnesses in your case, or your lawyer can refer you to any of them for their services.
Our team has had a great deal of success with cases. So far, we’ve been able to recover over $250,000,000 for our clients, and this number is growing. Our team has received excellent testimonials, as well.
Consider Our Contingency-Fee Arrangement
Since a lawyer from our firm will work for you on a contingency-fee-basis, you won’t have to pay your lawyer any fees unless your lawyer is successful in recovering damages for you. This arrangement should be very affordable for you. This is yet another benefit of hiring a New Cassel personal injury lawyer from our firm.
Other Reasons to Hire One of Our Lawyers
Our firm has a multilingual staff who can help you in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, or Kannada if you like. Also, we can meet with you on Long Island or elsewhere in the NY metropolitan area.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us for a Brain Injury Lawyer in New Cassel, NY
If you or a loved one has a concussion or any other kind of brain injury, turn to our firm. One of our New Cassel, NY brain injury lawyers will recover your damages for you, so you’ll be able to afford your treatment and support your family.
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today for a free consultation. We’ll go over your case with you and tell you more about what your lawyer will do for you.