Brain injuries will often have a significant impact on the victim’s life. If your brain injuries were caused in an accident that was due to another party’s negligence or misconduct, you’re likely entitled to compensation for your suffering.
However, your injuries could be making it difficult for you to focus on anything else. Our Long Island personal injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will advocate for you and seek the financial recovery you need.
- Recoverable Damages for Long Island Brain Injury Cases
- How Our Firm Will Demand Justice in Your Brain Injury Case
- Our Former Clients Have Left Reviews About Our Firm Serving Long Island
- You Will Not Owe Us Any Fees Until Your Brain Injury Case Is Settled
- There Are Deadlines for Filing Brain Injury Lawsuits on Long Island
- Types of Head Injury Cases Our Firm Handles
- Contact Us to Find Out More About Our Brain Injury Lawyer on Long Island
When you retain our firm to provide effective legal representation, the Long Island personal injury lawyer assigned to advocate on your behalf will determine, in consultation with you, how much compensation you should seek in your brain injury case. There are various types of damages that you could receive based on the severity of your injuries, the various ways your life has been affected by the accident, and your prognosis.
We Will Seek Economic and Non-Economic Brain Injury Damages on Your Behalf
To ensure all losses are considered accordingly, damages are often split up into categories referred to as economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages account for all of your financial losses, while non-economic damages cover the intangible ways your life has been affected by your injuries.
Traumatic brain injuries are known for being particularly devastating. It is important to have all your costs covered by the liable party, so you are able to begin rebuilding your life. Examples of both economic damages and non-economic damages that could be paid out in a Long Island brain injury case include:
- Loss of income and other employee benefits
- Existing and future healthcare costs
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Costs of home health care and medical equipment
- Psychological trauma, emotional distress, and mental anguish
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium (These are the special types of damages, recognized by law, a person experiences when their spouse suffers a personal injury.)
- Personal property damages
If you are interested in learning more about how much your brain injury case is worth, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is here for you. We will go over every loss in-depth to ensure you are being appropriately compensated for your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a Brain Injury lawyer serving Long Island, call 516-932-0400
When our Long Island brain injury lawyer takes on your case, we will be responsible for every detail associated with the prosecution of your claim or lawsuit. Some of our most important responsibilities after a brain injury will include:
- Keeping you updated on your case
- Identifying liable parties
- Communicating with all parties for you
- Gathering evidence
- Determining a value for your case
- Working tirelessly to win the best possible outcome for you
In some especially tragic cases, the severity of a brain injury could cause your injured loved one to pass away. If the recent loss of a family member to a brain injury is what has led you to our website, our team extends our most sincere condolences.
We take wrongful death actions seriously and consider it a privilege to advocate for your family’s rights. Our firm will work tirelessly to hold at-fault parties accountable, so your family is able to bring the liable party to justice.
Long Island Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Our brain injury lawyers work diligently for our clients. Here are some of our most recent client reviews so you will get a feel for what our former clients think about their legal representation from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.:
- “Roger Simon and his firm is not just your typical lawyer they are the best. First, off they are not rushing things for their benefit. It’s all about their clients and I don’t know how to thank them. Everyone in his office is proficient and they know exactly what to do and how to handle it. John is amazing. Don’t just hire a lawyer. Hire someone who actually cares and listens to your inside pain not what you look like. Thank you again.” – Anonymous
- “Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. helped my wife and me when we were in a car accident. I’m glad we were referred to this firm. They kept us up to date on the status of our case and helped us get compensation for our medical bills and time lost from work. Thank you so much for your help!” – Donny
When your injuries have made it impossible for you to live your life normally, figuring out how you will make the liable party pay is critical. However, when funds are limited, you could be worried that you will not be able to afford the costs of hiring a lawyer.
Fortunately, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. offers free consultations and contingency-fee agreements.
Our initial meeting with you is free of charge and without any obligation whatsoever. We will patiently and comprehensively discuss the details of your case with you and present your options for moving forward.
We work with brain injury victims on a contingency-fee basis, so you do not have to put a retainer down to secure legal services. We will cover all of the costs of taking on your case and absorb the risk of pursuing your case.
You only have to pay attorney’s fees if we win. The fees we receive will not come out of your own pocket. Instead, we will collect a percentage of your compensation as our fee.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
It is of the utmost importance to get your brain injury lawsuit filed before time runs out. New York has specific laws in place that require lawsuits to be filed before the state-mandated deadline expires.
Time is limited to get your case filed. The sooner we act, the more likely it is we will be able to gather all the evidence we need to build the strongest possible case to show the at-fault party is responsible for your traumatic brain injury damages. Getting a head start on your case allows us to:
- Collect witness statements while memories of the incident are still fresh
- Gather video footage that often gets recorded over after a few days
- Canvass the accident scene
Depending on how your accident happened, you could suffer a few different types of brain injuries. Some of the types of injuries our personal injury attorneys have seen include:
- Penetrating traumatic brain injuries
- Non-penetrating traumatic brain injuries
- Skull fractures
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), you might experience symptoms such as issues with memory, slurred speech, trouble sleeping, feeling dizzy, and blurred vision. You deserve appropriate compensation for the impact your injury has on your life.
We work with accident victims who sustained their brain injury in a:
- Auto accident
- Bicycle accident
- Pedestrian accident
- Construction accident
- Slip and fall
- Medical malpractice incident
- Nursing home abuse incident
We understand that a brain injury might impact your quality of life and affect the way you would typically live, work, and spend your time. Personal injury victims deserve justice for the suffering they’ve endured, and our team is prepared to fight for an appropriate settlement on your behalf.
The trauma of a brain injury could impact you and your family for the rest of your life. Make sure you have a legal advocate on your side who will fight for the recovery of your losses. Reach out to our team to learn more about working with a Long Island brain injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. We offer a no-cost, risk-free consultation. Call our office today to get started on your case.