If you were hurt in a pedestrian accident on Long Island, you are likely entitled to compensation for your losses. After sustaining an injury, it’s common to suffer setbacks in every other part of your life.
You deserve a law firm with experience handling pedestrian accident cases and giving individualized attention to clients. A pedestrian accident lawyer from Long Island personal injury lawyers will seek financial recovery for you.
A personal injury lawyer on Long Island will file your pedestrian accident claim or lawsuit while you heal from your injuries.
- Who Is Financially Responsible for Your Pedestrian Accident on Long Island?
- Recoverable Damages for Long Island Pedestrian Accident Cases
- Duties You Should Expect a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer to Perform on Long Island
- Why Our Clients Choose a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer From Our Firm on Long Island
- Contact a Long Island Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today for a Free Consultation
Who Is Financially Responsible for Your Pedestrian Accident on Long Island?
After assessing the evidence from your case, our injury lawyers will determine the responsible party. Some potentially liable parties in a pedestrian accident include:
- A motorist who entered a crosswalk when it was unsafe to do so, ran a stop sign or red light, or did anything else to cause a pedestrian accident
- A manufacturer who produced a vehicle with faulty brakes or another defect
- A municipality, such as Nassau or Suffolk County, whose negligence resulted in dangerous road conditions
- Any other party whose negligence caused a pedestrian accident
It is possible for there to be multiple liable parties in your case. Determining negligence and liability is often a complicated process, and an error could result in devastating consequences for the injured pedestrian who might be denied the compensation they should be able to recover. A lawyer from our firm will collect the crucial pieces of evidence needed to supplement your personal injury claim.
For a free legal consultation with a Pedestrian Accident lawyer serving Long Island, call 516-932-0400
Recoverable Damages for Long Island Pedestrian Accident Cases
The amount of recoverable compensation in your case largely depends on your compensatory damages. These are losses you incurred because of the accident and are economic or non-economic.
Our pedestrian accident attorneys will generally seek the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses: The risk of injury is high when a motor vehicle strikes a pedestrian. We’ll seek coverage for all accident-related medical treatment expenses, including those for emergency care, hospitalization, rehabilitation, and other medical services or items.
- Loss of Income: Injuries that prevent you from working cause you to lose income, productivity, benefits, bonuses and promotions, and other professional damages.
- Multiple forms of non-economic damages: Pedestrian accident injury victims suffer physical pain, but they also suffer emotional and mental pain from trauma and permanent physical changes. In some cases, victims require counseling, medications, and other treatments for their pain and suffering.
- Property damage: Damage to your cell phone, jewelry, sunglasses, or other personal property could be recoverable losses.
- Home modifications: You could require changes to your home to adapt to your injuries such as ramps, railings, or wider doorways. These changes will help you retain mobility and independence.
- Household services: Perhaps you aren’t able to perform yard work or maintain your home because of your injuries. Compensation will cover the cost of hiring someone to perform these tasks.
- Child care costs: If you need supervision for your children while you focus on doctor appointments, counseling, and physical therapy, compensation may be sought to cover child care services.
Some pedestrian accidents on Long Island are fatal. If you’ve lost a loved one, our hearts go out to you and your family. A member of our team would consider it a privilege to talk with you about how we work to make this loss easier to bear with respect to financial recovery. You have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit to collect damages that typically cover funeral costs, medical bills, and lost income from the at-fault party.
Long Island Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Duties You Should Expect a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer to Perform on Long Island
Our personal injury attorneys don’t just determine liability for our clients’ pedestrian accidents. Our team will also:
- Keep you informed as we move forward: We understand the need to be able to reach your attorneys with questions and concerns. Even though you will find it easy and convenient to reach us at any time, we also make a proactive effort to keep in touch with you throughout the legal process.
- Lead case-related communications: We will likely need to contact insurance companies and the defendant’s attorneys. Let us handle these conversations. These parties will have their own financial interests in mind, not yours. By leading these discussions, we’ll simultaneously protect and assert your rights.
- Secure evidence: Witness accounts, police reports, and video footage will be critical pieces of evidence. We’ll work to secure such evidence as quickly as possible to make sure all time-sensitive information is present to reinforce your case.
- Determine the value of your damages: Our team will identify the value of your present and future losses.
- Fight for an appropriate financial recovery: Once we know how much compensation you deserve, we’ll seek an appropriate settlement or judgment. Your unique case circumstances will determine how we resolve your claim or lawsuit for.
- Negotiate with the liable party on your behalf: We will work to negotiate an appropriate settlement that covers your losses on your behalf with the liable party and their insurer.
- Meet all deadlines: You only have a limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit in New York before the statute of limitations expires in your case, according to New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214*. We will meet all deadlines in your case, so you retain your right to file a lawsuit. (*It is important to note that a shorter statute of limitations may apply to your case. This is one of the many reasons we strongly recommend that you take advantage of the free, no-obligation case review and consultation that we offer.)
- File a lawsuit, if necessary: If the insurer denies your claim or won’t pay an appropriate settlement, we can take your case to court and fight for the compensation we think you deserve.
For a pedestrian accident case on Long Island, you deserve a law firm that knows Long Island. We are, first and foremost, a law firm that serves Long Islanders. Our experienced pedestrian accident lawyer is ready to serve you from the start of your case through the finish line.
Why Our Clients Choose a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer From Our Firm on Long Island
Our firm has experience providing individual attention and care for our clients. These priorities are made evident through our firm’s multilingual staff and passion for advocating for clients.
Our testimonials tell real-life stories that speak to our firm’s competence and dedication to clients:
- “The team of attorneys at Friedman & Simon are nothing short of amazing; not only in my eyes but my family’s eyes as well. This case went on for several years at a tough time in my life and there were many times where I wanted to give up but they encouraged me not to and continued to fight this case as if I were part of their family.” – Daniel, former client
- “Mr. Friedman and his staff were phenomenal at protecting my legal rights. I have only words of praise for his work and a genuine appreciation for his humane, thoughtful approach to his clients.” – Debora, former client
We have many happy clients, and our case results also show how hard we will fight for your best interests. We will pursue the appropriate settlement you deserve to cover your medical care, income losses, and other damages.
Pedestrian accident victims have legal options after sustaining injuries in an accident. Our personal injury law firm will explain the steps to take to pursue justice.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Long Island Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today for a Free Consultation
Your initial consultation is free, with no strings attached. A Long Island pedestrian accident lawyer from our team will move forward with your case after we complete this initial discussion. We will pursue an insurance claim or lawsuit on your behalf to seek the justice you deserve.
We also work on a contingency-fee basis, so you pay nothing until we recover compensation for you. If you have pedestrian injuries because of someone else’s negligence, please do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation to find out how Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will help you today.