If you were injured in a pedestrian accident on Long Island, you should be compensated for your losses. After sustaining an injury, it’s common to suffer setbacks in every other part of your life.
You deserve a law firm with experience handling pedestrian accident cases and giving individualized attention to clients. A Long Island pedestrian accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will seek financial recovery for you.
In This Article
- Who Is Financially Responsible for Your Pedestrian Accident on Long Island?
- Recoverable Damages in Long Island Pedestrian Accident Cases
- Duties that Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Perform for You
- Why Our Clients Choose Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
- Call Friedman & Simon, LLP Today for a Free Consultation
Who Is Financially Responsible for Your Pedestrian Accident on Long Island?
After assessing the evidence from your case, our injury lawyers will determine the responsible party. Some potentially liable parties in a pedestrian accident include:
- A motorist who enters a crosswalk, runs a stop sign or red light, or does anything else to cause a pedestrian accident
- A manufacturer who produces a vehicle with faulty brakes or another defect
- A municipality, such as Nassau or Suffolk County, whose negligence causes dangerous road conditions
- Any other party whose negligence causes a pedestrian accident
It is possible for there to be multiple liable parties in your case. Determining negligence and liability can be a complicated process and an error can result in devastating consequences for the injured pedestrian who may be denied the compensation they should be able to recover A lawyer from our firm will collect the crucial pieces of evidence needed to win appropriate compensation for you.
For a free legal consultation with a Pedestrian Accident lawyer serving Long Island, call 516-932-0400
Recoverable Damages in Long Island Pedestrian Accident Cases
The amount of recoverable compensation in your case largely depends on your compensatory damages. These are losses you incurred because of the accident and may be economic or non-economic.
People injured in a pedestrian accident often have:
- Medical expenses: The risk of injury is high when a motor vehicle strikes a pedestrian. We’ll seek coverage for all accident-related medical expenses, including those for emergency care, hospitalization, rehabilitation, and other medical services or items.
- Loss of Income: Injuries that prevent you from working cause you to lose income, productivity, benefits, bonuses and promotions, and other professional damages.
- Multiple forms of pain and suffering: Accident victims suffer physical pain, but they also suffer emotional and mental pain from trauma and permanent physical changes. In some cases, victims require counseling, medications, and other treatments for their pain and suffering.
- Property damage: Damage to your cell phone, jewelry, sunglasses, or other personal property could be recoverable losses.
Some pedestrian accidents on Long Island are fatal. If you’ve lost a loved one, our hearts go out to you and your family. A member of our team would love to talk with you about how we can make this loss easier to bear with respect to financial recovery.
Long Island Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Duties that Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Perform for You
Our personal injury attorneys don’t just determine liability for our clients’ pedestrian accidents. Our team will also:
- Keep you informed as we move forward: We understand the need to be able to reach your attorneys with questions and concerns. Even though you will it easy and convenient to reach us at any time, we also make a proactive effort to keep in touch with you.
- Lead case-related communications: We will likely need to contact insurance companies and the defendant’s attorneys. Let us handle these conversations. These parties will have their own financial interests in mind, not yours. By leading these discussions, we’ll ensure we have all of the facts necessary to make a strong case.
- Secure evidence: Witness accounts, police reports, and video footage will be critical pieces of evidence. We’ll work to secure such evidence as quickly as possible to make sure all time-sensitive information is present to reinforce your case.
- Determine the value of your damages: Our team will identify the value of your present and future losses.
- Fight for an appropriate financial recovery: Once we know how much compensation you deserve, we’ll seek an appropriate settlement or judgment. Your unique case circumstances will determine how we resolve your claim or lawsuit.
- File a lawsuit, if necessary: If the insurer denies your claim or won’t pay an appropriate settlement, we’ll take your case to court and fight for the compensation we think you deserve.
For a pedestrian accident case on Long Island, you deserve a law firm that knows Long Island. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is, first and foremost, a law firm that serves Long Islanders. A pedestrian accident lawyer from our team is ready to serve you from the start of your case through the finish line.
Click to contact our Long Island Personal Injury Lawyers today
Why Our Clients Choose Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
Our firm has experience providing individual attention and care for our clients. These priorities are made evident through our firm’s multilingual staff and passion to advocate for clients.
Our testimonials tell the real-life stories that speak to our firm’s competence and dedication to clients:
- “The team of attorneys at Friedman & Simon are nothing short of amazing; not only in my eyes but my family’s eyes as well. This case went on for several years at a tough time in my life and there were many times where I wanted to give up but they encouraged me not to and continued to fight this case as if I were part of their family.” – Daniel, former client
- “Mr. Friedman and his staff were phenomenal at protecting my legal rights. I have only words of praise for his work and a genuine appreciation for his humane, thoughtful approach to his clients.” – Debora, former client
We have many happy clients, but our case results also show how hard we will fight for your best interests.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Friedman & Simon, LLP Today for a Free Consultation
Your consultation is free, with no strings attached. A Long Island pedestrian accident lawyer from our team can move forward with your case after we complete this initial discussion.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today for your free consultation.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form