If the loss of a loved one on Long Island is what has led you to our website, we extend our heartfelt condolences. We believe that wrongful deaths resulting from the careless or reckless conduct of someone other than the victim should never be tolerated. These great losses compel our firm to seek justice for victims like you. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will seek a financial recovery that holds liable parties accountable for their negligence.
Our Long Island wrongful death lawyers handle cases like yours with compassion and a relentless will to secure a favorable outcome. Let us serve your family while you tend to what matters most—your emotional and psychological health.
In This Article
- Eligible Family Members Who Could Pursue a Wrongful Death Claim
- Recoverable Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
- Victims of Wrongful Deaths Choose Our Law Firm to Seek Justice
- Contact a Long Island Wrongful Death Attorney to Get Started on Your Claim Today
Eligible Family Members Who Could Pursue a Wrongful Death Claim
Any time death is preventable, surviving loved ones might consider a wrongful death action. Our attorneys on Long Island fight for clients facing many different circumstances, including the loss of a loved one due to:
- A car, SUV, or truck accident
- A motorcycle accident
- A commercial truck accident
- A pedestrian, bicycle, or scooter accident
- A boating accident
- A train
- Medical malpractice
- A defective product
- A dangerous premises
- Abuse or neglect
- Any other circumstance involving negligence
When those who have needlessly lost a loved one come to us, we provide the legal services they need. You could seek justice for a wrongful death as the decedent’s spouse, child, parent, or sibling. Other loved ones could also pursue a wrongful death action under certain circumstances.
For a free legal consultation with a Wrongful Death lawyer serving Long Island, call 516-932-0400
Recoverable Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
Wrongful death cases present the legal system with a tough question: What is the monetary value of a human life?
Your loved one was far more than the income they earned or the services they provided you and your loved ones. Though these losses are important to consider, your case might also reflect:
- The non-economic benefits your loved one provided: Depending on their relationship to the decedent, victims might lose companionship, romantic partnership, parental guidance, emotional comfort, psychological stability, and other non-economic benefits that the decedent provided.
- The pain and suffering of those affected by the loss: The Journal of Aging and Health explains that most surviving loved ones experience grief for six to twelve months after their loss. In addition to grief, you might suffer from depression, lost sleep, diminished quality of life, and other types of pain and suffering. Our team could also include the decedent’s pain and suffering in your wrongful death case. (That is, pain and suffering your loved one experienced from the accident injuries before succumbing to those injuries.)
- Financial costs related to your loved one’s passing: The pain that you are experiencing likely stems from the loss of your loved one as a person, not the financial support they provided. Even so, it will be our job to protect you financially. This means that we will consider lost income, lost benefits, lost household services, and other financial damages present in your case.
We will identify all of your damages. We will work with experts to project the cost of your damages well into the future, as the effects of losing a loved one will extend well into the future.
Your Long Island wrongful death attorney must calculate your losses accurately. Having a settlement target supported by proper calculations and proof of your damages could allow us to negotiate more efficiently or secure an appropriate judgment in court.
How Much Will It Cost to Have a Wrongful Death Lawyer Fight for Financial Recovery?
We believe strongly that every victim of wrongful death deserves representation. However, finances should never be a barrier to hiring our firm, so we ensure they never are.
Our attorneys receive contingency fees. We only get paid if we secure a settlement or judgment for you. You will pay us no out-of-pocket fees or costs, and we will see to it that all case-related expenses are covered without you having to advance payment.
Long Island Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Victims of Wrongful Deaths Choose Our Law Firm to Seek Justice
Though wrongful death cases are often necessary, they are not always easy. Loved ones generally do not want to face the intricate details of their spouse, parent, or child’s passing—and you should not have to.
You should choose our firm because you want trained legal professionals to seek justice. At the same time, we understand the importance of protecting you from unnecessary emotional or psychological pain. Therefore, when you hire our law firm, you should expect:
- Compassion and understanding: Many of our team members live on Long Island, and we have prosecuted wrongful death cases for many victims. We truly care about members of our community, and we have witnessed the devastation that wrongful deaths cause. Therefore, we will handle your case and communicate with you with the greatest degree of sensitivity and compassion.
- Undivided attention to your case: We know you want to move forward from your loved one’s loss. While we never rush the outcome of a case to the detriment of the results we are working to win, we will handle your case with the necessary urgency. We will focus intently on securing your desired outcome as quickly as possible.
- Regular updates: Our legal team keeps clients in the loop. We will inform you immediately when there is an update in your case that you should know about.
- Supportive attorneys and paralegals fighting for justice: We want every client to feel like a member of our legal family. The fight we put up, for both you and the memory of your lost loved one, will exemplify our familial approach to the law.
When we complete your consultation, we will put our heads down and work for your financial recovery. We will:
- Identify liable parties
- Communicate with all parties for you
- Gather evidence
- Determine a value for your case
- Fight for the settlement or judgment you and your loved ones deserve
You have been through enough, and you do not have to worry about the details of a legal case. So let us get started on your case today.
Click to contact our Long Island Personal Injury Lawyers today
Contact a Long Island Wrongful Death Attorney to Get Started on Your Claim Today
Let our firm’s Long Island wrongful death lawyers make your life easier. Following the trauma of a sudden loss, you deserve a law firm that will fight for you.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., for a free consultation today. However, you should not wait to start your case, as Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1 restricts your window for filing your claim. In addition, there could be other deadlines that we need to honor, as well as practical considerations, (e.g., obtaining witness statements, securing surveillance and dashcam video, etc.) that make prompt legal action the most prudent way forward. Call today for your no-obligation case review and free consultation.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form