If you were hurt in a Onewheel accident caused by a malfunction or someone else’s careless behavior, you have a right to seek compensation for your related costs. Our Long Island Onewheel accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will help you identify the liable parties, build a case, and take action.
Get started today with a free review of your case. We will discuss what happened and your legal rights based on the circumstances of your Onewheel crash and answer your questions about our services.
In This Article
- Seeking Financial Recovery Due to a Onewheel Crash
- Our Law Firm Represents Victims of Onewheel Accidents on Long Island
- Who is Liable for My Accident and Onewheel Injuries?
- New York Law Limits Your Time to Sue the At-Fault Party for Damages
- Get Help from a Onewheel Accident Attorney by Contacting Our Office Today
Seeking Financial Recovery Due to a Onewheel Crash
After a Onewheel accident caused by another party, victims have a right to file an insurance claim or sue the at-fault party for compensation. This compensation will depend on the types of damages you suffered, including your injuries, intangible losses, and financial costs.
The following types of damages are common in bicycle, scooter, and other similar accidents:
- Medical treatment and related expenses
- Future treatment and ongoing care costs
- Lost wages and other income
- Diminished earning ability
- Property damages
- Related daily costs
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
We Represent Families Who Lost Loved Ones in Onewheel Accidents
If you lost a family member in a Long Island accident, our team extends our deepest condolences. We would consider it a privilege to represent your family during your wrongful death case and fight for justice for your lost loved one. We are determined to win the compensation you and other surviving family members need and deserve.
Do not delay in seeking justice for your deceased loved one. We will review your case and discuss your options for holding the at-fault party responsible.
For a free legal consultation with a Onewheel Accident lawyer serving Long Island, call 516-932-0400
Our Law Firm Represents Victims of Onewheel Accidents on Long Island
We advocate passionately for the rights and recovery of those injured by someone else’s negligence. We believe you should not have to pay for injuries and damages that occurred because of someone else’s bad behavior.
Our law office provides free consultations and case assessments so potential clients learn more about our approach, services, and our professional opinion regarding the facts of their case. Our office is on Long Island:
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
390 N Broadway #210
Jericho, NY 11753
We regularly meet with people in hospitals, homes, and other locations throughout Suffolk or Nassau counties or elsewhere in the New York metropolitan area.
If we handle your claim, we will do the following to help you secure compensation:
- Keep you updated on your case, including promptly addressing any concerns you have
- Identify liable parties and prove how their negligence caused your accident
- Communicate with all parties for you to protect your rights and help you focus on healing
- Gather evidence that supports your claim and proves fault
- Determine a value for your case and seek a settlement that is appropriate based on that value
The evidence we use in these cases varies but often includes:
- The police accident report
- Eyewitness statements
- A survey of the accident scene
- Accident reconstruction
- Video or photographs
- Expert witness statements from medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists
Our team handles hiring all experts needed in your case without you paying anything upfront or out of pocket. We represent our clients on a contingency fee basis. You will never pay a fee or expense unless and until we win a money recovery for you.
Long Island Onewheel Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Who is Liable for My Accident and Onewheel Injuries?
Who is responsible for paying your medical bills and other expenses after a Onewheel accident on Long Island depends on the circumstances of what happened. We will determine what caused your crash and prove who is at fault. We may be able to help you recover the compensation you need and deserve if:
- A driver violated a traffic law and hit you
- There was a malfunction with the Onewheel which caused you to fall
- You were a pedestrian hit by a reckless Onewheel rider
In many cases, the at-fault party in Onewheel accidents is an individual. If their negligent operation of a motor vehicle resulted in your Onewheel accident injuries, they should have auto liability insurance and possibly an umbrella policy meant to cover the injuries in a crash they caused. In other cases, though, a corporation is to blame.
Unlike most electric kick scooters (e-scooters), many Onewheels are owned by individuals riding them, but this is not always true. There are many circumstances when the manufacturer or a rental company is to blame. Our Onewheel accident lawyer will collect and analyze available evidence to determine exactly what happened and the potentially liable parties.
New York Law Limits Your Time to Sue the At-Fault Party for Damages
While there are deadlines for suing the at-fault parties in personal injury accident cases, these are not the only timelines you need to know. You should consider how beginning our investigation early gives us the best opportunity to identify and gather evidence to support your claim.
Some evidence does not last very long. Skid marks wash away with the first rain, surveillance video gets recorded over, and eyewitnesses forget the details of what they saw. We need to capture this proof of what happened to you before this happens.
The statutes of limitations on these cases also restrict how long you have to file a suit. They include:
- Personal injuries: New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214
- Wrongful deaths: Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1
We can review any other deadlines applicable to your case during your free consultation. We ensure our clients do not lose their right to sue if they enlist our help with time for us to do so.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Help from a Onewheel Accident Attorney by Contacting Our Office Today
If you were injured in a Onewheel accident on Long Island, the personal injury attorneys from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. want to discuss what happened and the injuries you sustained. We even have multilingual staff (Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada) if you are more comfortable speaking about your rights and legal options in another language.
Call (516) 932-0400 now to learn how we will help you take the steps necessary to secure compensation for your injuries, losses, and other damages.