Experiencing a spinal cord injury could affect your entire life from your mobility and independence to your earning capacity. Not only are you having to deal with a drop in quality of life, but it’s also likely that you’re dealing with financial instability. You shouldn’t have to suffer these consequences alone. Our attorneys will pursue the compensation you deserve to cover your medical costs and other damages.
As your Floral Park spinal cord injury lawyer, we know how devastating these types of injuries can be and how they can affect your life. We’ve helped clients like you to recover very significant life-improving compensation, and we want to help you, too.
- What Kinds of Damages Can I Recover After a Spinal Cord Injury?
- How Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Makes a Difference for Accident Victims
- Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries in Floral Park
- Who Will Be Held Liable for My Spinal Cord Injury?
- Get Your Free Consultation Today!
What Kinds of Damages Can I Recover After a Spinal Cord Injury?
Generally, the more severe your injuries and other losses, the greater the financial award we can potentially recover for you. As spinal cord injuries tend to have life-long health complications, and medical expenses can be significant, we will pursue a financial award that appropriately compensates you for the future.
Here are some common types of damages awarded to accident victims:
- Medical expenses. Any costs related to your treatment are considered recoverable damages. This includes emergency treatment and transportation, doctor’s visits, surgeries, and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages. We will pursue compensation for wages you were unable to earn during your recovery. If you suffered a permanent injury, we will also pursue the loss of future income and benefits.
- Pain and suffering. Your physical and emotional pain are also recoverable. If you’ve suffered losses to your quality of life because of this injury, you deserve to be compensated.
- Cost of modifying your car or home. If you have lost independence or mobility, we will recover the costs of home and vehicle modifications. In addition, any at-home nursing care can be included in your demands.
If you lost a loved one to a spinal cord injury, we hope to express how sorry we are for your loss. While we understand the enormity of losing a loved one, we will fight for a financial recovery that will make it easier for you to mourn without the numerous distractions and stressors that making a claim or commencing a lawsuit can present. Some types of wrongful death damages include:
- Loss of your loved one’s financial support
- Medical expenses incurred prior to their passing
- Loss of your loved one’s companionship and guidance
For a free legal consultation with a Spinal Cord Injury lawyer serving Floral Park, call 516-932-0400
How Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Makes a Difference for Accident Victims
Especially after a traumatic injury, it may seem impossible to take on the legal process on your own. Thankfully, our team is ready to take on that burden, so you can focus on rebuilding your life and everything else that matters the most to you. Here are some of the services we offer our personal injury clients:
- Provide timely case updates. Our clients are never in the dark about their cases. Our team will provide you with frequent case updates, so you can enjoy peace of mind during the legal process.
- Identify liable parties. We will conduct an investigation to make sure we pursue the person responsible for your injuries and other losses. If there are multiple liable parties, we will include them all in your claim.
- Communicate with all parties for you. You shouldn’t have to battle the insurers for an appropriate settlement. We will handle the insurance company and the legal counsel of the at-fault party on your behalf.
- Gather evidence. To build a strong case, we will collect evidence that testifies to the severity of your damages and the cause of your accident.
- Determine a value for your case. Using your medical documentation and other receipts, we will calculate a possible settlement value to pursue with the insurer. We will also consider your personal suffering and use your testimony to pursue an amount that will appropriately compensate you for what you’ve endured.
- Recruit expert witnesses to support your case. We may use medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists to bolster your case.
Floral Park Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries in Floral Park
There are quite a few causes of spinal cord injuries. Some of the most common causes of spinal cord injuries, however, are when a traumatic event occurs. Some of these include:
Some of the most common causes of spinal cord injuries are often due to another person’s negligence. If you suspect your injury can be attributed to someone else’s action or inaction, our attorneys will assess your case.
Types of Spinal Cord Injuries
Common kinds of spinal cord injuries include:
- Cervical Injuries
- Thoracic Injuries
- Lumbar Injuries
- Sacral Injuries
- Herniated Discs
- Degenerative Disc Disease
Regardless of the classification of your injury, your Floral Park spinal cord injury lawyer is here to pursue the compensation you deserve. We have handled many successful personal injury claims throughout our history and would be honored to have you trust us with your case so that we can fight to win the best possible case result for you.
Who Will Be Held Liable for My Spinal Cord Injury?
When filing a claim for a spinal cord injury, it’s critical that the at-fault party is identified. A few different parties could be held liable depending on how the injury occurred, so for your personal injury case to work, we need to get a complete understanding of your accident.
After determining the cause and the liable party, your attorney will need to show how the cause of your accident was ultimately due to the negligence of the responsible party.
Many spinal cord injuries are avoidable. If you were injured due to negligence, your Floral Park spinal cord injury lawyer must demonstrate how the responsible person failed their duty of care towards you. To hold the party accountable, we must show:
- The liable party had a duty of care to exercise caution toward you. It could be they were a fellow driver who had a duty to follow traffic laws.
- The liable party breached their duty of care by ignoring or violating a law or regulation.
- This breach of care caused your accident.
- As a result of their negligence, you have incurred a spinal cord injury that causes you pain and suffering as well as financial strain.
If the responsible party’s action or inaction caused your accident and resulting losses, we will pursue them for your compensation. Our team will use the evidence at our disposal to demonstrate that their behavior meets these criteria.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Your Free Consultation Today!
If you suffered a catastrophic injury, you shouldn’t have to bear the financial burden of your treatment and recovery. Our team wants to make a difference in your life by taking the lead on your case. We will file, negotiate with insurers, collect evidence, and make a compelling case on your behalf.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P, we are here for you every step of the way. While you heal and make strides in your life, we will handle the legal process and fight for life-improving financial recovery. Schedule a free consultation to discuss your claim and secure your Floral Park spinal cord injury lawyer.