If a dog bit you or a family member, you could be entitled to compensation for damages such as medical care, lost pay, and pain and suffering. You deserve to know your legal options, including the right to seek compensation.
A Floral Park dog bite lawyer is here to help. New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 only allows a limited time to file a civil action so please call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today. A member of our team is happy to meet with you at your home or the hospital on Long Island or anywhere else in the New York metropolitan area.
Call (516) 932-0400 for your free, no-obligation case review.
In This Article
- How a Dog Bite Lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Helps You
- Our Process for Recovering Compensation
- Determining Liability in a Dog Bite Case
- What Constitutes Reasonable Action
- What Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Offers Each Client
- Call Today for a Free Consultation
How a Dog Bite Lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Helps You
A dog bite can lead to infection, scarring, disability, and loss of life. Most people are not aware of the extent of their injuries and financial damages. This makes them vulnerable to an unscrupulous defendant or insurance adjuster.
A dog bite lawyer will review your case to determine if the dog’s owner may be held accountable for your injuries and damages. Our legal team has helped other injured men, women, and children who were attacked and bitten. You have the right to seek compensation for damages that may include:
- Medical care
- Prescription medicine
- Lost pay
- Diminished earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
If you suffered extensive injuries, a dog bite lawyer will seek recovery for damages that might include:
- Plastic or reconstructive surgery
- Diminished quality of life
- Vocational training, if unable to return to a prior job
If your loved one passed away due to a dog bite, we offer you our condolences. We have the ability to recover losses through a wrongful death action. We are determined to win the financial compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
For a free consultation about your dog bite case, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400.
For a free legal consultation with a Dog Bite lawyer serving Floral Park, call 516-932-0400
Our Process for Recovering Compensation
Sadly, many dog owners refuse to step up and take financial responsibility for their pet’s actions and the resulting harm. When this happens, it is time to consult a dog bite lawyer who will preserve your rights and seek compensation on your behalf.
Our lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. investigate dog bite cases to find out important information such as:
- The extent of your injuries and if you will need future medical treatment.
- The negligence of the dog’s owner.
- The likelihood of your being able to return to your pre-dog bite job and daily activities and if you are temporarily or permanently injured and disabled.
We search for objective evidence that might include:
- Analysis of your injuries and prognosis by your healthcare provider
- Witness statements
- Videos or photos of the attack, or of your injuries
- Reports from a veterinarian if the dog has a history of being aggressive
- Animal Control & other municipal agencies with records of the dog’s history of aggression
- Estimates for property damage
- Medical experts to help us understand your physical and emotional injuries
Floral Park Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Determining Liability in a Dog Bite Case
A dog bite lawyer will consider these factors to prove liability:
- The dog’s owner had a responsibility to take reasonable measures to keep you from harm.
- The dog’s owner did not take these reasonable measures and allowed you to be hurt.
- This negligence caused your injuries.
- These injuries caused financial damages and losses.
Please call our firm as soon as possible to learn about compensation after a dog bite in Floral Park. Call (516) 932-0400.
Click to contact our Floral Park Personal Injury Lawyers today
What Constitutes Reasonable Action
Dog owners in New York are expected to take reasonable measures to prevent an animal from causing injury.
These reasonable actions might include:
- Leashing the dog
- Muzzling the dog
- Keeping the dog in a kennel or in a fenced yard
A dog bite lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will investigate your case and evaluate your injuries and damages. In many cases, our legal team can recover compensation through a claim against the dog owner’s property or liability insurance.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Offers Each Client
Your case is important to us. Since 1991, our firm has stood for injured and disabled people who were hurt by someone else’s negligence. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has a specific process that helps us get the best possible outcome for your case.
We Keep You Updated
We answer your questions and regularly contact you with updates about your case. If you contact, we return your call or email promptly. For your comfort and convenience, our legal team speaks several languages: English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
We Identify All Liable Parties
Our team secures evidence to support our findings of fault and liability. This is a thorough investigation that helps us determine negligence so that we may seek compensation.
We Communicate With Liable Parties for You
You should not have the stress of dealing with the defendant or the defendant’s insurance adjuster or lawyers while you are recuperating. A dog bite lawyer will protect your rights and take care of all the details necessary to pursue compensation.
We Gather Evidence
Our team examines the circumstances of your case, from the time, date, and location to accessing prior complaints about the animal. We use this evidence to show negligence and get you the compensation you deserve.
We Calculate the Value of Your Damages
A dog bite lawyer will carefully assess your current and any future damages, such as physical therapy or any medical procedures that may be indicated. This supports our arguments to win the highest possible amount of compensation from the insurance adjuster.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
It is important that you do not miss the statute of limitations to seek compensation for a dog bite. Call a Floral Park dog bite lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a free consultation: (516) 932-0400.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form