If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Floral Park, New York, a personal injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., is available to take on your case and help you pursue compensation for the damages you suffered. Our law firm has successfully recovered compensation for clients who were injured in car accidents like yours.
You deserve a legal advocate who will fight for your justice. If you would like to learn more about how our legal team will be able to help you build your personal injury case, we offer free first consultations by phone.
In This Article
- Our Law Firm aims to be Accessible and Affordable for Clients in New York
- We Nant to Help You Fight for Compensation for Your Injuries and Damages
- We are Committed to Providing You with Dedicated Client Care and Legal Guidance
- We Will Help You Prove Who Holds Liability and May Owe You Compensation
- Our Law Firm Accepts Many Types of Car Accident Cases
- Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., for a Free Consultation
Our Law Firm aims to be Accessible and Affordable for Clients in New York
Our car accident lawyers understand that you might be in pain. We know how disruptive a car accident can be on a victim’s life. For example, you might be facing unexpected medical costs or be limited in your physical movement because of your injuries.
We are here to help you through this difficult time. Our team will do what it takes to accommodate your needs, including sending a representative of our firm to the hospital, your home in Floral Park, or anywhere in the greater New York metropolitan area to discuss your case.
With a car accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., at your side, you may expect:
- Having resources made available to you to build your case
- Having your questions answered by one of our representatives whenever you have concerns about the case
- Being provided other lingual services if you prefer to speak in a language aside from English (our multilingual staff speaks Greek, Spanish, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada)
We do Not Charge Attorney’s Fees Unless We Win Your Case
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we withhold fees for our legal services until the end of a case and only charge if we successfully secure compensation. We do this to allow incoming clients who are financially struggling to afford our services.
We will discuss the terms of our fee agreement in your free consultation before beginning any work. Essentially, we will agree to:
- Be upfront about our legal fees before we begin working on your case so that you are not surprised by any fees we charge
- Take our fees out of your compensation award, meaning you will never have to pay us out of your own pocket
- Only charge our attorney’s fees if we win you compensation, meaning if we lose your case, you owe us nothing
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accident lawyer serving Floral Park, call 516-932-0400
We Nant to Help You Fight for Compensation for Your Injuries and Damages
Insurance companies typically try to settle cases as inexpensively as possible. As such, they may try to pressure you into accepting a claim that does not cover your losses. Our legal team can step in to protect your case and negotiate a settlement that is fair to you.
A car accident lawyer from our team will always advocate for your legal interests. This includes advising you of when it might be necessary to file a lawsuit through the court system with jurisdiction over your Floral Park-related accident if negotiating an insurance settlement is not viable.
Damages You Should Consider Claiming When Pursuing Compensation
When pursuing a personal injury claim or lawsuit, you want to be aware of the types of damages that may entitle you to receive compensation. While many people think of recovering the costs of their medical expenses, there are various damages that can be claimed when making a demand for compensation.
Depending on your injuries, we will seek damages for losses such as:
- Medical care
- Lost wages and benefits
- Property damage, such as costs to repair or replace your vehicle or personal items
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
This is not a complete list of compensable damages. You could qualify to claim other damages related to physical and emotional losses you suffered or other financial expenses you can tie to the collision, such as, for one example, home modifications you needed to make because of your injuries.
Our legal team will discuss your damages in full before commencing settlement negotiations with the insurance carriers for the liable parties in your case.
We Represent Car Accident Victims with Catastrophic Injuries
If you or a family member suffered catastrophic injuries, you could be entitled to additional compensation. Our team will take into consideration current and expected damages, such as:
- Lifecare costs
- Ongoing medical or chronic care
- Diminished quality of life
- Future loss of income, benefits, and annuities
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Permanent disability, including vision or hearing loss
- Disfigurement, such as scarring
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our team takes care of all the details, from gathering evidence that establishes the opposing party’s liability to filing a detailed claim against the insurance company. Our attention to detail allows you to take care of yourself, medically and emotionally, and hopefully feel better as soon as possible.
Floral Park Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We are Committed to Providing You with Dedicated Client Care and Legal Guidance
Each car accident case is different, so we offer personalized legal care for each client. We provide the following services:
- Communicating and providing updates so that you always know what is happening with the case
- Identifying and establishing liability with evidence-based analysis to show how the other party’s negligence led to your car accident
- Communicating and coordinating with all parties on your behalf
- Collecting evidence to support the claims you make about how the car accident happened and who caused it
- Establishing a value for your damages, which might include current and projected losses
- Negotiating a potential settlement in hopes of avoiding a trial case
- Representing you in court if necessary
At appropriate points in your case, our team will also advise you on legal decisions that are called for in your case. (For example, whether to accept or reject a settlement offer.) . While we will provide this guidance, any decision remains under your control and no one else’s. We aim to serve your legal interests, so we will respect them as so.
We Will Help You Prove Who Holds Liability and May Owe You Compensation
Car accidents usually occur due to negligence. Often, either the other driver did not take proper action or took the “wrong” action. In both of these instances, the at-fault driver may be held accountable for your losses.
Proving liability is key to getting you the compensation you deserve for damages. A car accident lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will consider these factors of liability:
- Whether the other driver had a duty of care to avoid the accident
- Whether the driver breached their duty of care for some reason, such as by speeding or driving recklessly
- Whether this breach caused you to suffer physical and emotional injuries, leading to financial damages
We will help You Collect Evidence to Support Your Argument
Our legal team will secure any available evidence to establish how the other party should be held liable for the car accident and your damages. This evidence may include:
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Photos of the accident, debris, and damaged vehicles
- Red light or other closed-circuit videos if available
- Your statement
- Description and photos of your injuries
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Law Firm Accepts Many Types of Car Accident Cases
There are several factors that contribute to car accidents, as presented by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Our lawyers help clients who were hurt in car accidents involving:
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Distracted driving
- Road rage
- Drowsy driving
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Illegal lane changes, illegal turns, and other reckless driving
- Ignoring right of way and yield
- Hit and run
We Also Help People with Car Accident Cases Involving Environmental Factors
Sometimes a car accident is caused by exterior elements that result in a one-, two-, or multiple-vehicle collision.
Examples of these hazards include:
- Defective auto parts or repair
- Insufficient or missing signage
- Road debris or obstructions
- Improperly maintained roads (such as potholes)
- Lack of traffic control
If you were injured by a careless driver or through the fault of a municipality, our legal team is available to guide you throughout your case and stand up against the local government entity liable for your damages.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., for a Free Consultation
You have a limited time to seek compensation through legal action, according to New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214. Other critical deadlines apply to claims and lawsuits, too.
A car accident lawyer from our team will be able to serve you in Floral Park and help you fight for financial recovery. Our team is able to meet you at the hospital, or at your home on Long Island, or in the New York metropolitan area. Call (516) 932-0400 for a free, no-obligation consultation.