If you fell while visiting or working on someone else’s property and the accident could have been prevented, consider pursuing compensation through a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Property owners and managers owe a duty of care to people on their premises, so they may be held liable when accidents occur.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we handle cases throughout Long Island and the New York City metropolitan area. If your slip and fall accident happened or you live in Babylon, let us review your case for free. We are ready to have one of our slip and fall accident lawyers serving Babylon begin building your case immediately after your consultation.
- You May Be Entitled to Various Compensatory Damages After Your Slip and Fall
- What Damages are Compensable?
- Your Trip and Fall Lawyer will Use Our Resources to Build Your Accident Case
- Your Slip and Fall Case Might Be Affected By the Statute of Limitations in New York
- Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to Receive a Free Case Evaluation
You May Be Entitled to Various Compensatory Damages After Your Slip and Fall
If your slip or trip and fall led to a severe injury, your main priority in recovering compensation might be to get enough money to pay for your medical bills. However, you may be entitled to several other types of damages, according to personal injury law. These additional recoverable damages may substantially increase the value of your case.
One of the benefits of working with a personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., is that we want to take every step the legal system permits to maximize your monetary recovery. We will factor in every possible damage you can claim and pursue financial compensation based on the results of our analysis.
We are mindful of the fact that your claim or lawsuit is your one opportunity to make the at-fault party pay for the harms they inflicted upon you. We intend to make it count for all we can. We are determined to win the best possible outcome for you.
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Accident lawyer serving Babylon, call 516-932-0400
What Damages are Compensable?
This is a question many of our clients ask us. The answer varies on an individual basis, as it depends on how an accident and/or an individual’s injuries affected their life, which might get specific and unique.
However, for some general examples, the following types of damages are considered compensable in slip and fall accident cases:
- Medical expenses, including costs for doctor’s appointments, prescription medicines, and other diagnostic care services
- Pain and suffering, which includes physical pain and emotional anguish
- Income loss, which includes both wages you lost up until your filing and wages you expect to lose in the future
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries have affected your working abilities long-term or permanently
- Property damage, if applicable
- Impaired quality of life if your injuries have affected your independence, relationships, and ability to enjoy former hobbies and activities
Other damages not listed here will be mentioned in your consultation should they apply to your case.
If the Accident Led to Your Loved One’s Death
Unfortunately, some slip and fall cases can lead to a person’s death. If you lost a loved one due to their fall injuries, please accept our sympathies and condolences. You may be able to file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit if you are a qualifying survivor related to them.
We consider it a special privilege to represent the surviving family members of slip and fall wrongful death victims. We are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
Our team will patiently and compassionately help you understand which damages you can pursue based on your situation. We understand how difficult this time can be, but you do not have to burden yourself with managing your case. Our team will handle all the legal aspects for you.
In addition to the important goal of winning the best possible case outcome for you, another important goal of ours is to relieve you of stress and worry. We want to help you experience as great a degree of peace of mind as possible, to foster your healing from the trauma of the Babylon slip and fall accident.
Let Our Case Results Speak for Us
When we fight for compensation for our clients; we will fight for what you deserve. Our team has a record of winning multimillion–dollar settlements and verdicts for slip and fall victims. Below are some of our case results:
- $10,306,000 for a Brooklyn man who suffered fractures and lost his right leg after falling into subway tracks
- $9,876,000 for a construction worker who fell off a ladder and suffered injuries to the back, shoulders, and ankles
- $1,162,301 for a tenant who suffered coccyx and back injuries after slipping on the premises walkway
- $1,000,000 for a retail worker who suffered an ACL rupture and other injuries after slipping on store premises
Our slip and fall accident lawyer serving you in Babylon will work hard to fight for the compensation you need to recover from your damages, both now and for the future.
Babylon Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Your Trip and Fall Lawyer will Use Our Resources to Build Your Accident Case
Once you become a client at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we will handle the legal duties required of your case. These services include:
- Keeping you updated: We will update you as your case develops. Alternatively, if you ever want to consult your legal team, we will also be available to address your concerns.
- Identifying the liable party: With certain slip and fall cases, it might be confusing in terms of who you’re supposed to take action against. We will investigate your case and determine this for you.
- Communicating with other parties on your behalf: We will handle communications with insurers and attorneys for you to protect your case.
- Collecting evidence: As part of our investigation, we will also look for evidence we will use to support your case.
- Calculating your damages: As mentioned, we will inform you of which damages you qualify to receive, but our guidance doesn’t stop there. We will also calculate these values so that we know how much compensation to pursue.
- Fight tirelessly to win every dollar you are entitled to for the injuries the at-fault party caused you to suffer through their careless and reckless conduct.
Prefer to speak in another language besides English? Our legal team is able to assist clients who speak Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, Kannada. We understand speaking in your native language may be preferred when handling legal decisions, so we will accommodate as best as possible and make sure your interests are communicated in your case.
Your Slip and Fall Case Might Be Affected By the Statute of Limitations in New York
Personal injury cases must be submitted to the New York Courts system by their filing deadlines. New York’s statute of limitations, found in New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214, sets a general filing deadline for all plaintiffs to follow; however, there are exceptions to the general rule.
Factors that might affect the length of time you have to file your slip and fall accident case include:
- Whether your accident occurred on public property owned by the local or state government
- Whether you or your injured loved one is a minor (or was a minor at the time of the accident)
Also, if your case involves the death of your loved one, you will have a different filing deadline to abide by, found in Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1.
Our team will review your case to determine how much time we have to build and submit your lawsuit. We will make sure to file your case before its statutory deadline and keep you updated after we submit it.
In addition to legal deadlines such as those mentioned in the statutes of limitation discussed above, we will give other concerns of timeliness our focused attention. For example, locating and interviewing witnesses and canvassing for and obtaining surveillance video are best done as soon as possible after the accident, as important evidence can become unavailable for a wide variety of reasons.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to Receive a Free Case Evaluation
Call (516) 932-0400 for a free case evaluation. If you decide to work with us, we will have a slip and fall accident lawyer from our team serving Babylon start helping you right away.