If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident, our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., wants to help you fight for the financial recovery you’re seeking.
If your accident occurred in Babylon or a nearby area in Suffolk County, we will assign a truck accident lawyer from our team to work on your case.
In This Article
- We will Figure Out How Much Compensation You May Be Entitled to Receive
- Hiring One of Our Lawyers Means Working with a Whole Team
- What is the Statute of Limitations, and How Does it Affect Your Case?
- We Can Start Working on Your Truck Accident Case as Soon as You Call
We will Figure Out How Much Compensation You May Be Entitled to Receive
Our legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., has worked on accident cases for over 25 years, with a record of winning over $250 million in settlement and verdict awards. Below are some of our truck accident case results:
- $1,000,000 for a van driver who suffered a back injury after their van was hit by a truck
- $950,000 for a truck driver who suffered a neck injury after he was struck by a falling pipe
- $650,000 for a car driver who suffered injuries to her neck and shoulders after being hit by a truck
Our team will review your damages and calculate their value. Your case may have a value far in excess of the medical debt and vehicle repairs you are facing, so don’t risk underestimating and undervaluing how much you are owed. Let our team review your case and figure out what you can realistically target as a recovery sum.
So, how do we calculate your case’s value? We separate your damages into two categories: economic and non-economic. Economic damages are based on financial expenses, debts, and losses, whereas non-economic damages include any loss that does not have a monetary value.
We will first calculate your economic damages, then compare them to your non-economic damages to establish the full impact of the accident on your life. We will gladly explain, patiently, compassionately, and comprehensively, the methods we use to reach your compensation goals during a consultation.
Feel free to be as forthcoming as possible about the damages you experienced, as they may be compensable. For example, the following types of damages may be compensated:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Vehicle repair bills or cash value of your vehicle
- Other property damage costs
- Income and/or benefits you lost due to your injuries
- Income and/or benefits you expect to lose in the future because of your injuries
- Reduced earning potential
- Diminished quality of life
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement
We will discuss other compensatory damages you can claim after we review your case.
For a free legal consultation with a Truck Accident lawyer serving Babylon, call 516-932-0400
Hiring One of Our Lawyers Means Working with a Whole Team
When working with a Babylon truck accident lawyer from our team, your lawyer isn’t the only person working on your case.
When you work with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our team of legal professionals works together in a united effort to build your case. This allows us to manage every detail of your case so that you can stay focused on your physical and emotional wellbeing.
While you focus on personal matters, we will:
- Keep you updated on the status of your case
- Identify who may be held liable for your truck accident injuries
- Make statements about your case on your behalf when other parties reach out to you (e.g., insurance companies or defense attorneys for the at-fault party)
- Collect evidence to support your claims, which may also require us to request information on your behalf (e.g., black box information, driving records, cell phone records, etc.)
- Estimate the value of your case by calculating your damages
One of our primary goals is to win the maximum monetary recovery for you, to compensate you for all the harm you have been subjected to by the negligence of the at-fault party, whether by filing an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. We are ready, willing, and able to do what it takes to pursue compensation on your behalf.
Our Legal Team will Advise You Throughout Your Case
Yet another benefit of working with a lawyer from our team is that your attorney can advise you as your case develops. Ultimately, we serve your interests, so your word is final, not ours. However, we understand that making legal decisions might be difficult, confusing, or even intimidating if you don’t know what would be “best” for you.
For that reason, we are happy to have respectful, professional conversations with you that will help you feel more comfortable and will help you make the best decisions.
We aim to be transparent about your legal options and the consequences you might face. As such, we can advise you on:
- Whether you should pursue civil action against more than one party
- Whether you should keep negotiating with an insurance company to pursue a higher settlement
- Whether you should file a lawsuit if negotiations are not panning out as expected
- Whether you settle your case out of court or fight it in trial
- Whether a settlement offer is fair based on your damages
Whatever course of action is ultimately chosen, we will do the work. We are always mindful that we work for you. We take our duties very seriously and we work tirelessly to win the best possible outcome for you.
Babylon Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
What is the Statute of Limitations, and How Does it Affect Your Case?
The statute of limitations is a law that determines the period plaintiffs have to file a civil action against a liable party. This law varies by state, case type, and who is involved in the case.
In New York, you generally will need to abide by one of these statutes when commencing your truck accident lawsuit:
- New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214 if you are filing a personal injury lawsuit
- Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1 if you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit
If the wrongful death statute applies to the case you are presenting to us, that is, your loved one has perished in a Babylon truck accident, we offer our heartfelt condolences.
We consider it a special privilege to represent the surviving family members of truck accident wrongful death victims. We are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
In addition to the statutes of limitations discussed above, cases are governed by numerous other time restrictions. We monitor all statutes of limitations and case time restrictions and make sure they are properly and timely met.
It is our hope that relieving you of this burden will promote peace of mind for you, and help you move your life toward where you want it to be following the trauma of the Babylon truck accident that brought you to this page.
It is important to keep track of these various deadlines when building your case and negotiating a potential settlement with insurance companies. Failure to submit your case on time may result in your case being dismissed. If that happens, you would lose your right to pursue compensation in general.
Besides the obvious great importance of such an event and our commitment and redundant internal systems operating to never let that happen, in some situations these deadlines and the at-fault party’s awareness that our firm is ready and able to act timely and powerfully become a factor in negotiating a settlement. We use our substantial experience navigating such situations to your advantage.
Click to contact our Babylon Personal Injury Lawyers today
We Can Start Working on Your Truck Accident Case as Soon as You Call
When people get injured in accidents, they can rely on Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to fight for them and the compensation they need. When you call, you get a free case evaluation. We can also assign a Babylon truck accident lawyer to work on your case right away.
If you or a loved one is struggling to meet your financial demands after suffering an injury in a collision with a truck, call our team at (516) 932-0400.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form