If you or a loved one was injured in a negligence-based accident, our New York burn injury lawyer will pursue the at-fault party. We will investigate the cause of your accident and assess the severity of your injuries and their impact on your life. While we focus on building your lawsuit, our legal team gets to work on building the strongest possible case for you.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our multilingual staff assists clients in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. Our personal injury lawyers start by reviewing the details and merits of your case at no cost and listening to your version of events. We are passionate advocates for the injured clients we represent and never stop fighting for you.
In This Article
- What You Need to Know About Determining Financial Liability
- Damages Our Burn Injury Lawyer Requests on Your Behalf
- Get Your Free Burn Injury Consultation Now
What You Need to Know About Determining Financial Liability
According to Mayo Clinic research, the commonly reported causes of serious burn injuries include the following:
- Scalding liquid
- Dangerous steam
- Contact with hot objects
- Exposure to electricity
- Exposure to radiation
- Chemical exposure
- Car, truck, and bus accidents
If the accident that led to your burns was the result of negligence, our New York burn injury attorneys will identify the at-fault party and their negligence. Doing so establishes the legal elements of liability and your right to financial recovery.
Our Burn Injury Lawyer Will Prove the At-Fault Party’s Negligence and Liability
To establish the negligence that entitles you to compensation from the at-fault party, our legal team will prove the following elements of negligence:
- Duty: The at-fault party owed you a reasonable duty of care.
- Breach: The at-fault party failed to provide appropriate care.
- Causation: The actions were the cause of your accident and injuries.
- Damages: The accident resulted in financial expenses and losses.
We prove these elements with a robust evidence file that will include your medical records and bills, accident or incident reports, and witness statements. Additional that proves the accident’s cause and effect includes accident and injury photos and supporting video footage. We also collect your written prognosis, employment records, and property repair or replacement records.
For a free legal consultation with a Burn Injury lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
Damages Our Burn Injury Lawyer Requests on Your Behalf
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we carefully curate a comprehensive list of your recoverable damages. To ensure no valid expenses or losses are overlooked or omitted, our team will collect:
- Medical records and corresponding bills
- Therapy and rehab records and bills
- Written diagnosis detailing future care
- Employment and salary history records
- Property repair or replacement estimates
The economic and non-economic compensation we request for you includes the following types of damages:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or total destruction
- Diminished property value
- Physical disability and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
If burn injuries resulted in the loss of a loved one, your family has our deepest condolences along with our commitment to recover wrongful death damages. In addition to your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses, we pursue compensation for your loss of their financial and familial support.
Act Quickly to Preserve Your Ability to Recover Compensation in New York
The legal ability to hold the at-fault party responsible for compensating you has a state-imposed time limit. The potentially applicable statutes of limitations include:
- The personal injury statute of limitations found in New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214, which generally starts running on the date of your accident
- The wrongful death statute of limitations found in Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1, which generally starts running on the date of a loved one’s demise
Meeting New York’s filing deadline ensures you do not inadvertently relinquish your right to recover damages. With sufficient notice from you, our law firm will make sure the filing deadline is met. Additional benefits of early involvement include ensuring we have time to thoroughly investigate your accident and interview witnesses while their memories are vivid.
Why Choose Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for Your Burn Injury Case
One of our team members will meet you anywhere in the New York metropolitan area and do all of the following to bolster and support your case:
- Provide ongoing updates to ensure you are not left wondering about its progress
- Conduct a thorough investigation that will identify all potentially liable parties
- Handle all case-related communication with the at-fault parties and their insurers
- Gather evidence and build a compelling file that steers your case toward a settlement
We also consult a variety of experts who benefit your case, including medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists.
Reviews and Recommendations From Satisfied Clients
When clients our law firm supported in the past leave online reviews about their experience, they say the following:
- Doug: “They’re great people, they’re honest, they care about you…it’s like a friendship.”
- Moulton: “This law firm is highly trustworthy, very professional, and client-friendly, I’d recommend them anytime.”
- Donny: “I’m glad we were referred to this firm. They kept us up to date on the status of our case and helped us get compensation for our medical bills and time lost from work. Thank you so much for your help!”
We provide legal care and support at no upfront or out-of-pocket cost to you. Instead, we absorb the costs of building your case and only receive compensation when you do. If your case does not result in a financial award, you will owe us no legal fees at all.
New York Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Get Your Free Burn Injury Consultation Now
If you suffered burns in a fire-related accident due to the negligence of another party, our New York burn injury lawyer will work hard to ensure you are appropriately compensated for your injuries and their related costs.
Find out how hard Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. goes to work for you by contacting one of our consultation team members today.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form