Burn injuries temporarily or permanently change your physical appearance and ability and have a variety of causes. If you or a loved one suffered this type of life-changing injury, our Levittown burn injury lawyer will pursue compensation on your behalf.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we are passionate advocates for the injured. Our legal team will investigate the cause of your accident and fight hard to ensure you receive the medical and rehabilitative care you need and deserve. Our representation starts with a free review of your case. Our personal injury lawyers will pursue the at-fault party and their insurance provider while you focus on your recovery.
In This Article
- Our Investigation Will Uncover the Cause of Your Burn Injury
- Compensation We Request for Burn Injury Victims
- Our Burn Injury Lawyer Advocates for Levittown Clients
- Get a Free Burn Injury Case Consultation
Our Investigation Will Uncover the Cause of Your Burn Injury
When our Levittown burn injury attorneys accept your case, we will conduct an independent investigation to:
- Identify the cause of your accident: Potential causes include residential or commercial fires, motor vehicle accidents, on-the-job injuries, exposure to dangerous chemicals, and electric-borne fires.
- Create a compelling evidence file: We will not tax you or your family with evidence collection. Instead, our team will compile your accident or incident report, medical records and bills, witness statements, and all other evidence that proves the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Identify the negligent party: By documenting the legal elements of negligence—duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages—we will ascertain all potentially liable parties in your case.
If your burns were the result of negligence on the part of another person or entity, our investigation will prove it, and our legal team will fight for appropriate compensation.
The Potentially Life-Long Costs of Treating Burn Injuries in Levittown, NY
According to Mayo Clinic, burn injuries are classified into three stages—first, second, and third-degree—depending on their extent. Their severity will also determine your treatment plan and recovery costs. Accordingly, potential treatments include:
- Emergency care
- Pain medications
- Anxiety medication
- Topical burn treatment
- Protective dressings
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Surgical procedures
- Feeding tube
- Skin grafts
- Plastic surgery
These costs are the responsibility of the at-fault party. They are recoverable along with all other medical care, including treatment-related travel and assistive medical devices. Our case assessment team will ensure your medical records and bills from every professional and facility where you have or are expected to receive treatment.
For a free legal consultation with a Burn Injury lawyer serving Levittown, call 516-932-0400
Compensation We Request for Burn Injury Victims
In addition to all medical care related to your injury and recovery, we will also request the following types of economic and non-economic damages:
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage or loss
- Lasting physical disability
- Physically disfiguring injuries
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Diminished quality of life
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we ensure the at-fault party is held accountable for their actions. When our burn injury lawyers accept your Levittown case, we create a carefully detailed list of your recoverable damages.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one to fatal burn injuries, we want to stand with you and fight for the justice your family deserves. We can determine who in your family can file a claim or lawsuit and pursue appropriate compensation. Though nothing can bring your loved one back, we want to secure the compensation that can help your family cope in their absence.
New York’s Statute of Limitations and Its Impact on Your Case
In Levittown, NY, the personal injury statute of limitations is described in New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214. Similarly, Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1 applies to wrongful death lawsuit. Each statute limits the time you have to file a lawsuit after an injury. If you fail to meet the appropriate filing deadline:
- You will be barred from filing your lawsuit at all.
- Your lawsuit will be immediately dismissed.
- You will have no available legal recourse.
It is never too soon to get our law firm involved in your case. The sooner you do, the more time we have to ensure compliance with New York law. By acting before the filing deadline expires, we have time to thoroughly investigate your accident and interview witnesses while their memories are fresh.
Levittown Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Our Burn Injury Lawyer Advocates for Levittown Clients
In the aftermath of an accident, you deserve time to cope with the physical and psychological pain of a burn injury. While you do, our legal team gets to work building your case and supporting you from its beginning to its conclusion. Our client-focused team will:
- Provide you with ongoing updates as your case progresses
- Identify one or more potentially liable parties in your case
- Handle communication with all negligent parties and insurers
- Compile, organize, and present all documents and evidence
- Assess your case and ensure it receives an accurate value
Expert witnesses we consult on your behalf include:
- Medical experts
- Vocational rehabilitation specialists
- Life care planners
We will meet you anywhere in the New York metropolitan area and represent you on a contingency fee basis. Our fee structure means you will incur no upfront or out-of-pocket costs. Our fee is contingent on your resulting compensation, and you will owe us no legal fees at all if you are not awarded financial compensation.
What Injury Victims Say About Working With Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
When previous clients talk about their experience with our legal team, they say the following:
- Michael: “I hired Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to represent me. The other driver had no assets, but Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. was able to settle my case for the full limits of that driver’s automobile insurance policy. I received excellent service and the best possible outcome.”
- Larry: “I was extremely pleased with the legal representation provided by Friedman & Simon, L.L.P….[they] fought for me and made sure that I was paid for all the harm that was done to me and for everything I had to go through…I would recommend them highly to anyone.”
Read additional reviews and hear from other clients our law firm has fought for on our testimonials page.
Click to contact our Levittown Personal Injury Lawyers today
Get a Free Burn Injury Case Consultation
If you or someone you love suffered burns in an accident caused by negligence, our Levittown burn injury lawyer will seek appropriate compensation on your behalf. Our multilingual staff assists clients in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
We will handle the insurance company and fight for the best possible outcome for you. Find out how by contacting our consultation team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form