Burn injuries, no matter how they were caused, can be challenging to handle physically, emotionally, and financially. They may involve large medical bills, extended treatment plans, and changes to every aspect of a burn victim’s life. Add in the factor of another party’s negligence having been the cause, and you have the perfect recipe for terrible frustration and paralyzing confusion as to how best to proceed.
Let us cut through the din surrounding your case. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we understand cases involving burn injuries and the needs of people recovering from them. If you hire our personal injury law firm, you will be connected with one of our New Hyde Park personal injury lawyers dedicated to producing the best result possible for you. Our team of attorneys and legal support professionals will manage every detail of your case from start to finish. Call our offices today to learn more about our legal services during a free consultation.
- Identifying New Hyde Park Burn Injury Damages
- Do I Have a Burn Injury Case?
- Hiring a New Hyde Park Burn Injury Lawyer for Your Case
- Don’t Wait to Get Started on Your New Hyde Park Burn Injury Case
- Contact Us for Help From a Hyde Park Burn Injury Lawyer Today
Identifying New Hyde Park Burn Injury Damages
Damages are the specific types of compensation you qualify for after a burn injury. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we will review the following information to determine which damages apply to your case:
- Medical records: Doctor’s visits provide essential medical documents that verify the type and severity of your burn injuries. Without a medical record, insurers or the responsible party will deny your suffering to minimize their economic exposure.
- Proof of expenses: Receipts, invoices, and other proof of costs are also essential to economic damages – a category of losses that reimburse you for purely financial losses.
- Expert input: As called for by the unique facts and circumstances of your case, our team will hire and work alongside various experts, like economists, life planners, and vocational rehabilitation specialists. These experts will determine precisely how your burn injuries have affected your life. We will work to translate their findings into the best possible monetary compensation for you.
What Damages Do I Qualify For?
Burn injuries fall into a broader legal category known as personal injury law. In a New Hyde Park personal injury case, the following types of damages are available:
- Present and future burn injury medical care costs
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Impaired quality of life
- Pain and suffering
As noted before, our team will review the details of your case to assess your damages. Some damages on this list won’t apply, whereas others will – it all depends on the context of your accident.
Burn injuries are rarely fatal. However, in extreme cases, fatalities are possible. If you lost a loved one to burn injuries, our team extends to you our heartfelt condolences. We are here to provide you with representation, sympathy, and understanding. In the aftermath of wrongful death, you deserve a legal team capable of empathizing with your situation while, at the same time, fighting tirelessly to win the best possible case result for you.
These wrongful death damages could be available to those who’ve lost a loved one:
- Pain and suffering your loved one endured before their death
- Reduced familial earning capacity
- Loss of companionship, guidance, and parental assistance
For a free legal consultation with a Burn Injury lawyer serving New Hyde Park, call 516-932-0400
Do I Have a Burn Injury Case?
Burn injury cases hinge on fault. To recover compensation, you must prove another party caused your injuries by behaving negligently.
Negligent behavior is a broad category. Examples include the following:
- A restaurant failing to clean up a wet patch of floor, leading to a server falling and spilling hot liquid on a customer.
- A driver running a red light, therefore causing a car accident.
- A property owner not meeting fire exit safety regulations, exposing property users to undue risk in the case of a fire.
These are only a few examples. To determine the exact cause of your injuries and the responsible party, our team will review several types of evidence, including the following:
- Traffic camera footage
- Security footage
- Expert witness statements
- Witness statements
- Your medical records
- Other relevant pieces of evidence
Then, we will work toward proving the following:
- The responsible party owed you a duty of care: Property owners, drivers, and essentially any group interacting with the public owe everyone a duty of care. This duty is a responsibility to keep others from harm and is usually given in a burn injury case.
- The responsible party breached this duty: When a party behaves negligently, like running a red light or exposing their customers to undue risks, they breach their duty of care.
- This breach caused your injuries: The evidence must show a link between your injuries and the responsible party’s negligence.
- You suffered damages: Medical records and proof of your financial losses show you suffered damages.
New Hyde Park Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Hiring a New Hyde Park Burn Injury Lawyer for Your Case
Burn injury cases often involve challenges like:
- Insurers or the responsible party refusing to offer you the compensation you deserve
- Difficulties understanding legal and insurance proceedings
- Not knowing what to do next
A New Hyde Park burn injury from our team will navigate these challenges on your behalf. We have almost a century of combined legal experience and have won over $250 million for our clients over the years. We provide our clients with the following services:
- Keeping you updated on your case’s status
- Identifying liable parties
- Communicating with all parties for you
- Gathering evidence
- Determining how much your case is worth
Looking to get to know our firm better? Read these testimonials from our previous clients:
- “Mr. Friedman wasn’t just my lawyer. He (was) or is a very concerned and a very caring person. Mr. Friedman made sure I was in good hands as well. I was injured in 2009. We settled in 2013 and I was astonished how hard he fought for me to get my life back financially. Through his hard work and concern, I would recommend this man Mr. Friedman to my worst enemy. That being said is meant for anyone to hire Mr. Friedman is in good hands.” – David
- “First off Great communication from the very first phone call..stand up Lawyers…they included and kept me and my daughter updated on everything from paperwork to appointments…they treated us like Family…I feel they were excellent and well worth calling…fought tooth and nail for my daughter I applaud them.” – Francine
We Don’t Get Paid Unless You Win Your Case
Hiring a New Hyde Park burn injury attorney from our team won’t cost you anything up front. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we get paid only if you receive compensation. If you don’t, we require no fees. This fee structure takes the risk out of working with our team.
Don’t Wait to Get Started on Your New Hyde Park Burn Injury Case
Burn injury cases are time-sensitive – you need to contend with the following:
- Building an argument: Building a compelling case takes time, energy, and focus.
- The statute of limitations: New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 limits the time you have to file a burn injury lawsuit.
- Gathering evidence: If you don’t act quickly, witnesses could forget what they know about your injuries and accident.
For these reasons, we suggest getting a head-start on your case if possible. The more time our team must gather evidence and build a compelling argument, the better.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us for Help From a Hyde Park Burn Injury Lawyer Today
We proudly support burn injury survivors in New York in need of legal representation. Call Friedman & Simon L.L.P. for a free consultation today.