If you sustained injuries in an accident with a car, truck, bus, or motorcycle while riding your bicycle in New Hyde Park, the personal injury lawyers from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. are standing by to explain your rights and legal options. We will collect evidence and build a strong case to hold the at-fault motorist liable for their negligent actions. We will aggressively pursue the maximum payout for you, helping you cover losses, expenses, pain and suffering and other damages from the accident.
Call (516) 932-0400 for your free consultation with a member of our team. Some of the advantages of letting our team take on your Long Island bicycle accident case include:
- Free case evaluation
- Compassionate legal representation from start to finish
- Regular updates about the status of your case
- You focus on healing while we handle your claim or lawsuit
- You pay nothing out of pocket, and we only get paid after recovering compensation for you
- Bicycle Versus Motor Vehicle Accidents
- We Offer Compassionate Representation After a New Hyde Park Bicycle Accident
- Recoverable Damages for a New Hyde Park Bicycle Accident
- The Statute of Limitations and Other Considerations of Timeliness In Long Island Bicycle Accident Cases
- Talk to a New Hyde Park Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicycle Versus Motor Vehicle Accidents
Bicycle accidents are incredibly serious and sadly, all too common. According to the New York Department of Transportation, in 2018 there were over 4,300 bicyclists versus motor vehicle-related injuries in New York City alone. In the bicycle versus motor vehicle case we handle, the motorist acted negligently and caused the accident. Under New York law, when a motorist’s negligent, careless, or reckless behavior causes an accident, the injured victim has the right to hold them liable. We will help you do that, either by filing an insurance claim and negotiating a fair settlement or taking your case to trial.
Some of the most common ways a driver’s negligence leads to a bicycle accident include:
- Opening a vehicle door into the bicyclist’s path
- Failure to yield to an oncoming bicyclist
- Not giving a bicyclist enough space when passing
- Failure to look for bicyclists, especially when turning or changing lanes
- Distracted driving
- Drunk or drugged driving
If a motorist struck you while you rode your bicycle in New Hyde Park, elsewhere on Long Island, or in New York City, the team from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will review your case for free. Call (516) 932-0400 today for a complimentary consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a Bicycle Accident lawyer serving New Hyde Park, call 516-932-0400
We Offer Compassionate Representation After a New Hyde Park Bicycle Accident
The Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. team believes every accident victim deserves compassionate, strong and effective representation. The New Hyde Park bicycle accident lawyers of our firm will fight aggressively to recover compensation for the damages you experienced. Our staff wants to help you get back on your feet. Let us pursue the payout you deserve. In addition to English, we have staff who will help you understand your case in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
When our attorneys go to work on a bicycle accident case, you will feel confident that we will:
- Keep you updated on your case
- Identify liable parties
- Communicate with all parties for you
- Gather evidence
- Determine a value for your case
These cases require us to take steps to identify a wide scope of expenses and losses you suffered because of the accident. This is possible by collecting evidence that includes:
- Bills for your hospital stay and treatment
- Wage records and evidence of missed work
- Bills and receipts for out-of-pocket costs
We often rely on expert witnesses to help us prove bicycle accidents and other types of motor vehicle accident cases. Some of the experts who may participate in your case include:
- Accident reconstruction specialists
- Medical experts
- Vocational rehabilitation specialists
- Lifecare planners
Reach out to Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today by calling (516) 932-0400. Our initial case reviews and consultations are always free, and you pay no attorney’s fees until we recover compensation in your case.
New Hyde Park Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Recoverable Damages for a New Hyde Park Bicycle Accident
After we build a strong case to prove the motorist’s negligence caused or contributed to your injuries, we will take legal action on your behalf. We sometimes try to reach an out-of-court settlement in this type of case, but given the appropriate circumstances, we will not hesitate to file a personal injury lawsuit and take the case to trial if necessary.
Using the evidence of your losses, expenses, and other damages we collected, we will aggressively pursue a just payout on your behalf. Recoverable damages in this type of case include:
- Past medical treatment and related care costs
- Future medical care costs related to your accident injuries
- Ongoing care costs if necessary
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damages, including repair or replacement of your bicycle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished life enjoyment
If a member of your immediate family passed away because of the injuries they sustained in a New Hyde Park bicycle accident, a member of our team is ready to offer you compassionate support and legal guidance. We will review your case and explain your options for pursuing a wrongful death recovery.
The Statute of Limitations and Other Considerations of Timeliness In Long Island Bicycle Accident Cases
New York § 214 puts a statute of limitations on bicycle accident cases, limiting how long we have to take legal action against a negligent motorist or another at-fault party. In addition to the statute of limitations, there are other deadlines that apply to claims and litigation. We need to act in a timely manner to ensure we protect all your rights. It is also important to realize that the sooner you contact us about your case, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible on your behalf.
Contact us as soon as possible after your accident. We will meet with you at your home or the hospital if you are still undergoing treatment. Call (516) 932-0400 today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a New Hyde Park Bicycle Accident Lawyer
If you or a member of your family sustained injuries in a motor vehicle versus bicycle accident in New Hyde Park or elsewhere on Long Island, a New Hyde Park bicycle accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is here to help. We will review your case for free and pursue the payout you deserve.
Call our office today at (516) 932-0400 for a free evaluation of your case.