If a careless motorist crashes into your bicycle and causes you injury, a lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. personal injury lawyer will pursue the compensation you deserve for damages such as lost pay, medical treatment, and pain and suffering.
We have won millions of dollars in damages for our clients through settlements and verdicts. We are not afraid to fight for our clients and we welcome the chance to help you and your family recover the compensation you deserve.
- How We Calculate Damages in a Bicycle Accident Claim
- Focus on Healing While We Handle Your Case
- How We Determine Liability in a Bicycle Accident
- We Examine the Other Party’s ‘Duty of Care’
- We Build a Compelling Case to Maximize Your Potential Compensation
- What a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Do for You in Oceanside
- You Only Have a Short Time to Act
- Contact an Oceanside Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
How We Calculate Damages in a Bicycle Accident Claim
Chances are, you have economic and noneconomic damages. These are also known as special and general damages. Depending on the specifics of your claim, your special damages might include:
- Property damage (the cost to repair or replace your bike and other personal items)
- Medical treatment such as emergency room services, medication, medical tests, and other expenses
- Lost pay as proven by pay stubs or other proof
- Other out-of-pocket expenses such as home modifications, household services, child care, physical therapy, and counseling
You could also be entitled to general damages, such as:
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished earning ability
- Emotional trauma
To calculate these costs, depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, we talk to qualified professionals, including economists, life care planners, and vocational rehabilitation experts, to determine a value for projected losses and expenses.
If you lost a loved one in a bicycle accident, please accept our sincerest condolences. A lawyer from our firm will find justice and compensation for surviving members through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit in Oceanside. Wrongful death damages typically include funeral costs, medical bills, and lost earning capacity. We want to handle your case while you focus on grieving In so doing, we hope to relieve you of the stress of case deadlines, adversarial communications with insurance company representatives and defense lawyers, and the technical legal requirements of optimally processing a claim or lawsuit, in order to foster the most healing conditions for you.
For a free legal consultation with a Bicycle Accident lawyer serving Oceanside, call 516-932-0400
Focus on Healing While We Handle Your Case
Bicycle accidents involving cars, trucks, or buses almost always result in the bicycle rider suffering severe injury. Although motorists are supposed to treat bicyclists with the same courtesy and apply the same rules of the road as they would with any other vehicle operator according to the New York State Department of Transportation, they do not always do so.
If you were taken by ambulance to the nearest hospital after the accident or if you are currently under a physician’s care at home, the last thing you need is to deal with the defendant’s insurance adjuster. You should be able to focus on healing and taking care of yourself.
An Oceanside bicycle accident lawyer from our firm. will take care of the details to get you the compensation you deserve.
Oceanside Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
How We Determine Liability in a Bicycle Accident
Proving liability in a bicycle accident requires careful examination of your injuries, the circumstances that led to the accident, and the actions of the other party.
Our law firm helps bicyclists who were in collisions due to:
- Drunk drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Aggressive drivers
- Drowsy drivers
- Reckless drivers
- Drivers who do not yield
- Drivers who run red lights or stop signs
- Drivers who open their doors and strike the bicyclist
Our legal team investigates your case to reveal all liable parties. A bicycle accident lawyer will determine your damages to make sure you recover the compensation you deserve.
If you were in a bicycle accident, you deserve to know your rights and legal options.
We Examine the Other Party’s ‘Duty of Care’
Bicyclists and motorists alike owe a duty of care to those on our public highways, streets, and roads. All are expected to take reasonable measures to avoid harming someone else.
A bicycle lawyer from our firm will examine the actions of the other party to determine if they breached this duty of care. If the following conditions apply, you have the right to seek compensation:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care to obey traffic laws and to take measures to avoid the accident;
- The defendant breached this duty of care in some way (for example, texting while driving );
- This breach caused the accident and your injuries;
- You now have damages in the form of medical bills, lost pay, and other losses.
Our bicycle accident lawyers have a deep understanding of what is needed in a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit. We support our negligence claim with evidence.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Build a Compelling Case to Maximize Your Potential Compensation
An Oceanside bicycle accident lawyer from our firm will collect evidence that proves that the other party is liable for your injuries and damages.
This evidence might include:
- Witness statements
- Photos, dashcam and surveillance videos
- Police accident reports
- Expert testimony
In some instances, we might reconstruct the accident using state-of-the-art technology to fill in any gaps in our investigation. Our legal and professional team manages every aspect of your case for the best possible outcome.
If it is difficult for you to travel, a member of our team can meet with you at your home or the hospital on Long Island or in the greater New York City metropolitan area. We understand the difficulties a bicycle accident victim faces, and we empathize with your situation. If you can’t come to our office, we will go to you.
What a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Do for You in Oceanside
Since 1991, we have passionately advocated for the injured. We fight for our clients’ rightful compensation and justice. We seek recovery for clients on a contingency fee basis. You owe no attorney fees unless and until we successfully recover compensation on your behalf.
We understand that a bicycle accident can bring huge upheaval to your life, health, and financial security. An Oceanside bicycle accident lawyer will be with you at each stage. We will pursue the best possible insurance settlement, but if indicated, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial.
If you select our law firm to represent you, we will:
- Keep you updated on a regular basis and return your phone calls or emails promptly.
- Investigate the accident and discover the facts of your case.
- Identify all liable parties who share responsibility for your accident and injuries.
- Communicate with the liable parties or their respective representatives.
- Obtain evidence of liability for the strongest case possible.
- Set a value for your economic and noneconomic damages.
- Negotiate a settlement with the liable party and their insurer on your behalf that adequately covers your losses.
- File a lawsuit and represent you in court, if called for. We prepare every case as if it will ultimately be presented to a jury even though most personal injury cases settle out of court.
Our legal team is fluent in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada, so please let us know how best to communicate with you. There are no upfront costs and we offer free consultations so we can answer your questions and evaluate your case.
You Only Have a Short Time to Act
You have a limited time to seek legal action under New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214. Other shorter statutes of limitation and time limits may apply depending on the unique facts of your case. It is also important to consider the time it takes for an Oceanside bicycle accident lawyer to gather evidence, obtain expert testimony if needed, and build a convincing case. For all these reasons, it is very important that you consult with an experienced bicycle accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident.
To rid yourself of the stress of deadlines and give us the time needed to build the strongest case possible on your behalf, we invite you to call us today for a no-obligation case review. We will meet all deadlines in your case, including the statute of limitations, and address all other time-sensitive considerations (such as gathering evidence<) so you don’t lose your right to recover compensation for damages in court.
Contact an Oceanside Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your financial compensation and justice. You deserve justice. And you deserve compensation. You deserve to regain a sense of normalcy in your life and to be able to move forward.
A bicycle accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon L.L.P. may be able to help you recover compensation and hold the liable party accountable. If you or someone you love were hurt in a bicycle accident because of someone else’s negligence, please do not hesitate to contact us to schedule a free consultation today.