If a careless motorist caused your bicycle accident injuries, a lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will pursue the compensation you deserve for damages such as lost pay, medical treatment, and pain and suffering.
You have a limited time to seek legal action under New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214. Other time limits may apply to your case as well. It is also important to consider, takes time for an Oceanside bicycle accident lawyer to gather evidence, obtains expert testimony if needed, and build a convincing case. To rid yourself of the stress of deadlines and give us the time needed to build the strongest case possible on your behalf, we invite you to call us for a no-obligation case review.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has recovered millions of dollars in damages for our clients. We welcome the chance to help you and your family to recover the compensation you deserve.
Call (516) 932-0400 for a free, consultation.
In This Article
- What a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Do for You
- How We Determine Liability in a Bicycle Accident
- We Examine the Other Party’s ‘Duty of Care’
- We Build a Convincing Case to Maximize Your Potential Compensation
- How We Calculate Damages in a Bicycle Accident Claim
- What Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Brings to Each Client
- Call an Oceanside Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
What a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Do for You
Bicycle accidents involving cars, trucks or busses almost always result in the bicycle rider suffering severe injury. Although motorists are supposed to treat bicyclists with the same courtesy and apply the same rules of the road as they would with any other vehicle operator according to the New York State Department of Transportation, they do not always do so.
If you were taken by ambulance to the nearest hospital after the accident or if you are currently under a physician’s care at home, the last thing you need is to deal with the defendant’s insurance adjuster. You should be able to focus on healing and taking care of yourself.
An Oceanside bicycle accident lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will take care of the details to get you the compensation you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Oceanside, call 516-932-0400
How We Determine Liability in a Bicycle Accident
Proving liability in a bicycle accident requires careful examination of your injuries, the circumstances that led to the accident, and the actions of the other party.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. helps injured bicyclists who were in collisions caused by:
- Drunk drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Aggressive drivers
- Drowsy drivers
- Reckless drivers
- Drivers who do not yield
- Drivers who run red lights or stop signs
- Drivers who open their door and strike the bicyclist
Our legal team investigates your case to reveal all liable parties. A bicycle accident lawyer will determine your damages to make sure you recover the compensation you deserve.
If you were in a bicycle accident, you deserve to know your rights and legal options. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a free consultation: (516) 932-0400.
Oceanside Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Examine the Other Party’s ‘Duty of Care’
Bicyclists and motorists alike owe a duty of care to those on our public highways, streets, and roads. All are expected to take reasonable measures to avoid harming someone else.
A bicycle lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will examine the actions of the other party to determine if they breached this duty of care. If the following conditions apply, you have the right to seek compensation:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care to obey traffic laws and to take measures to avoid the accident;
- The defendant breached this duty of care in some way (for example, driving while fatigued);
- This breach caused the accident and your injuries;
- You now have damages in the form of medical bills, lost pay, and other losses.
Our bicycle accident lawyers have a deep understanding of what is needed in a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit. We support our negligence claim with evidence.
We Build a Convincing Case to Maximize Your Potential Compensation
An Oceanside bicycle accident lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will collect evidence that proves that the other party is liable for your injuries and damages.
This evidence might include:
- Witness statements
- Photos and videos
- Police and accident reports
- Expert testimony
In some instances, we might reconstruct the accident using state-of-the-art technology to fill in any gaps in our investigation. Our legal and professional team manages every aspect of your case for the best possible outcome.
For a free consultation, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400. If it is difficult for you to travel, a member of our team can meet with you at your home or the hospital on Long Island or in the greater New York City area.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How We Calculate Damages in a Bicycle Accident Claim
Chances are, you have economic and noneconomic damages. These are also known as special and general damages. Depending on the specifics of your claim, your special damages might include:
- Property damage (the cost to repair or replace your bike and other personal items)
- Medical treatment such as emergency room services, medication, medical tests, and other expenses
- Lost pay as proven by pay stubs or other proof
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
You could also be entitled to general damages, such as:
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished earning ability
- Emotional trauma
To calculate these costs, depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, we talk to qualified professionals, including economists, life care planners, and vocational rehabilitation experts, to determine a value for projected losses and expenses.
If you lost a loved one in a bicycle accident, please accept our condolences. A lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will find justice and compensation for surviving members through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
What Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Brings to Each Client
Since 1991, we have passionately advocated for the injured. We fight for our clients’ rightful compensation and justice. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. seeks recovery for clients on a contingency fee basis. You owe no attorney fees unless and until we successfully recover compensation on your behalf.
We understand that a bicycle accident brings huge upheaval in your life, health, and financial security. An Oceanside bicycle accident lawyer will be with you at each stage. We will pursue the best possible insurance settlement, but if indicated, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial.
Our Commitment to Your Satisfaction
If you select our law firm to represent you, we will:
- Keep you updated on a regular basis and return your phone calls or emails promptly.
- Identify all liable parties who share responsibility for your accident and injuries.
- Communicate with the liable parties or their respective representatives.
- Obtain evidence of liability for the strongest case possible.
- Set a value for your economic and noneconomic damages.
Our legal team is fluent in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
Call an Oceanside Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
Our lawyers are ready to fight for your financial compensation and justice. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a free consultation: (516) 932-0400.