Bicyclists have the right to expect safety on the road. However, when motorists ignore their obligation to share the road in a safe manner, an accident has the potential to leave the bicyclist with debilitating injuries that will impact them for the rest of their life.
If another driver’s negligence caused your bicycle accident injuries and subsequent expenses in Mineola, a personal injury lawyer from Friedmann & Simon, L.L.P. will recover compensation on your behalf while you spend your time healing.
- Types of Damages Our Bicycle Accident Attorney Will Seek for You in Mineola
- Our Bicycle Accident Attorney Works on Contingency
- Bicycle Accident Lawsuit Statute of Limitations
- Our Bicycle Accident Team Is Ready to Talk About Your Case in Mineola Today
Types of Damages Our Bicycle Accident Attorney Will Seek for You in Mineola
A bicyclist is more vulnerable than those who travel in traditional vehicles. Aside from your helmet, you have little protection in the event of an accident, especially an accident involving a car or truck. An accident with a car or truck often results in injuries such as:
- Crush injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Facial injuries
These injuries and more also often prove to be financially draining because of the cost of healthcare. Our law firm regularly handles personal injury cases, and we will determine which types of damages apply to you and work to recover the full amount of the compensation you deserve. Damages may include:
- Medical treatment costs
- Property damage
- Modifications to your home
- Lost income
- Physical therapy and counseling
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment
If the loss of a loved one is what has led you to our website and to this page, please accept our heartfelt condolences. We understand grieving is your focus, which is, in large part, why we want to handle your case on your behalf.
It is our intention to relieve you of the stress of deadlines, communicating with adverse insurance carriers and defense lawyers, and technical legal requirements associated with preserving and asserting your rights. We consider it a special privilege of our law practice to advocate on behalf of the surviving family members of bicycle accident wrongful death victims.
We are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves. Such compensation may include wrongful death damages that typically cover funeral expenses in addition to medical bills and lost earning capacity. Build Your Case With a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Mineola
Recovering from your injuries will require your focus and energy, and building a strong personal injury case after a bicycle accident can take a tremendous amount of work. We will assume this responsibility on your behalf so you can use your time efficiently as we move your case through the complex legal process.
If you hire us to handle your bicycle accident case, we will:
- Provide regular updates on the status of your case because leaving you out of the loop is NOT an option.
- Identify all liable parties, which could be the other driver, a vehicle (motor vehicle or bicycle,) manufacturer, a mechanic, a government agency, and/or another third party
- Communicate with other parties, as the other party and their insurer will likely use manipulative tactics to pay as little as possible in compensation. We will protect your rights and your best interests so this does not happen.
- Gather evidence proving the liable party’s negligence and your financial losses. Common forms of evidence include the police report, relevant photos, surveillance and dashcam video footage, eyewitness statements, and medical bills and records.
- Determine the value of your claim, which could be a six or seven-figure dollar amount. There are no caps on damages in New York, and we have won multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for clients. We will negotiate for an appropriate settlement with the liable party and their insurer, as well as review a settlement offer with you so you understand the terms. Rest assured, the final decision will always be yours. We will present options and carefully review the advantages and disadvantages of any particular potential course of action.
We have a multilingual staff who will speak with you in Spanish, Kannada, Tamil, Bengali, and Greek. We will also travel to your location on Long Island and within the New York metropolitan area if you are unable to come to our office.
For a free legal consultation with a Bicycle Accident lawyer serving Mineola, call 516-932-0400
Our Bicycle Accident Attorney Works on Contingency
You have financial expenses because of an accident, so you might have concerns about hiring a lawyer because of the cost. However, our law firm works on a contingency fee basis so you only pay us after we win your case. Our fee is a percentage of the compensation we recover for you.
If you fear hidden costs, there is no need because we practice transparency and will explain how our fee structure works in detail. There are also no upfront costs. You will never pay us a legal fee unless and until we win a recovery for you.
It doesn’t cost you anything to talk to us about your case during a consultation because initial consultations to evaluate your case and answer your questions are complimentary.
Mineola Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Bicycle Accident Lawsuit Statute of Limitations
There is a deadline to file a personal injury lawsuit in New York if you want to recover compensation for your injuries and losses through the legal process. The statute of limitations to file a personal injury lawsuit is a limited period of time from the date of your injury, according to New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214. A shorter statute of limitations and other deadlines may apply depending on the unique circumstances of your case.
For example, you will have even less time to file a wrongful death lawsuit, according to Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1. We strongly that you call us for a no-cost, no-obligation case review, so you know exactly where you stand on time limits and deadlines. If you give us enough notice, a lawyer from our firm will build your case and meet all deadlines.
You will not be able to recover compensation in court if the deadline in your case expires before you take action.
Our Bicycle Accident Team Is Ready to Talk About Your Case in Mineola Today
Our law firm has over three decades of experience routinely handling personal injury cases, and we want to talk to you about your case when you are ready. Your case is important to you and it is important to us. That’s why you should expect professional treatment and compassion from the moment you begin working with us.
Recovering compensation is a step toward regaining normalcy in your life as you begin the process of moving forward. The time necessary to resolve your case could be weeks, months, or even years, but compensation and justice are worth the wait. We invite you to contact Friedman & Simon L.L.P. for your free consultation today.