If the loss of a family member in a recent tragedy is what has brought you to our website, please accept our heartfelt condolences. We understand that you and your family are undoubtedly going through a very challenging time right now. If the incident was someone else’s fault, you may be feeling angry along with your sense of loss. You may also have incurred many financial damages.
Our firm will hold the responsible party to account and recover your financial damages for you through a wrongful death lawsuit, and your lawsuit may even help to bring about a sense of closure. There’s a lot our Mineola wrongful death lawyer will do for you, and we’ll tell you more during a complimentary case review.
In This Article
- Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Handle My Wrongful Death Case?
- How Will a Lawyer Prove My Wrongful Death Case?
- What Are the Damages in a Wrongful Death Case?
- How Will a Wrongful Death Lawyer Represent Me?
- Why Should I Hire One of Your Wrongful Death Attorneys in Mineola, NY?
- Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a Wrongful Death Lawyer in Mineola
Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Handle My Wrongful Death Case?
As a personal injury firm, we handle wrongful death cases and other personal injury cases exclusively. One of our personal injury and wrongful death lawyers absolutely will be able to manage your wrongful death case. The lawyer can manage your case if it involves any kind of personal injury incident, such as:
- A slip and fall accident or another accident on private property
- A construction site accident or another workplace incident
- A car, motorcycle, truck, or bus accident
- A bike accident or pedestrian accident
- A nursing home accident involving caretaker negligence
- An incident involving a dangerous consumer or business product
- Another personal injury incident involving loss of life
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Mineola, call 516-932-0400
How Will a Lawyer Prove My Wrongful Death Case?
We understand you want to hold the other party to account for the loss of your loved one. You can be sure your lawyer will do everything they can to prove the other party’s liability. In order to do this, your lawyer will have to show evidence of liability, as well as the elements of negligence in your case. This can be complicated, so retaining the services of an experienced and dedicated wrongful death lawyer is critically important
Evidence of Liability
In your case, sources of evidence your lawyer can refer to include:
- An accident report
- Footage from a worksite security camera
- Data from a bus’s black box
- Photos bystanders took of the accident scene
- Witnesses who saw the incident
- Expert witnesses, such as medical experts or economists
The Elements of Negligence
Your lawyer will have a great deal of experience establishing negligence by showing:
- Duty of care (another party’s responsibility to act carefully in order to protect others from harm)
- Breach of duty (the other party’s violation of their responsibility)
- Causation (how the other party’s irresponsible actions caused the incident)
- Damages (the claimant’s losses)
Mineola Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
What Are the Damages in a Wrongful Death Case?
In any kind of wrongful death case, the damages are the financial and intangible losses the claimant and their family suffered and incurred. In your wrongful death case, these damages may be:
- Any pain and other damages your family member experienced before passing
- Any bills for emergency care or other services your loved one may have had
- Any loss of income and work-related benefits your family is experiencing
- Your loss of spousal support and your children’s loss of parental support
- Your emotional and mental suffering
- Lost consortium (These are the special types of loss, recognized by law, that a person experiences when their spouse is a wrongful death victim.)
You may have many intangible damages you may not be able to list. A Mineola wrongful death lawyer from our firm will list these damages with you so you can claim them in your lawsuit.
How Will a Wrongful Death Lawyer Represent Me?
One of the lawyers from our firm will represent you, your deceased loved one, and the rest of your family very assertively. If your lawyer attempts to negotiate a settlement with the other party, your lawyer will make the other party understand your needs and will fight hard against any attempt to diminish the validity and value of your case. Your lawyer will demand the other party recognize the seriousness of their involvement.
Your lawyer won’t tolerate bad-faith tactics from the other party’s insurer or attorney. If any of these tactics are attempted, your lawyer will be ready, willing and able to file a bad-faith lawsuit and take them to court.
If negotiations don’t resolve your case, your lawyer will be prepared to represent you in court. Before going to court, your lawyer will hire experts such as, for example, an economist, who can corroborate your case. In court, your lawyer will fight hard for an appropriate verdict.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Should I Hire One of Your Wrongful Death Attorneys in Mineola, NY?
There are many reasons to hire a wrongful death attorney from our firm. Our firm has been representing accident injury victims on Long Island and in the five boroughs of New York City for over 30 years. so you can be sure your attorney will know how to best manage your case. To date, our attorneys have acquired more than $250 million for their clients and received numerous awards, including:
- The Avvo Clients’ Choice Award and the highest Avvo Rating of 10: Superb
- The National Trial Lawyers: New York Top 100 Award
- Membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
On top of all that, our attorneys and staff speak many different languages, so one of them can accommodate you in Bengali, Tamil, Spanish, Greek, or Kannada. One more reason to choose one of our attorneys is that we can provide you with in-person service anywhere in the New York metropolitan area.
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a Wrongful Death Lawyer in Mineola
Your family is going through a lot right now, so you may want to leave your case in the hands of a Mineola wrongful death attorney from our firm. You’ll be able to focus on family matters while your lawyer manages legal matters for you, and you’ll be able to rely on your lawyer to represent your needs and the rest of your family’s needs. You can expect compassion and commitment from your lawyer.
We’ll give you a better idea of what to expect when you consult with us. During your consultation, we’ll review your case with you and advise you about how to proceed. After the consultation, you’ll be able to lean on your lawyer during this difficult time. For your complimentary consultation, contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today.