If you were in a car accident in Mineola due to another party’s negligence, you should not have to worry about financial setbacks like covering vehicle repair costs or immediate medical expenses, especially as you recover from your injuries. You may be able to hold the at-fault party liable for your damages, which include physical, economic, and even emotional losses.
A personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., can help you fight for the compensation you need. Call our multilingual staff for your free, no-obligation case review. We speak English, Tamil, Greek, Spanish, Kannada, and Bengali.
- We Handle Every Aspect of Your Mineola Car Accident Case
- Keeping You Informed About Your Case
- Collecting Evidence to Build a Compelling Case
- Negotiating with the Insurance Company and Lawyers
- Begin Working on Your Case Now to Preserve Evidence
- Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle in Mineola, New York
- Let Us Represent You in Your Fight for Compensation for Your Car Accident
- Nassau County Car Accident Lawyer
- How We Will Manage Your Car Accident Case in Nassau County
- We Document Fault and Liability
- We Fight for You
- Common Causes of Car Crashes Caused By Another Motorist
- Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Wants to Represent Your Car Accident Case
We Handle Every Aspect of Your Mineola Car Accident Case
Since 1991, our attorneys at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., have worked as advocates for the injured. Our attorneys, paralegals, and legal assistants have hands-on experience and are ready to build compelling arguments for your personal injury case.
Equipped with the knowledge acquired by prosecuting many cases and a passion to restore the lives of our accident clients in Mineola, we will fight vigorously for the compensation and justice you seek. Our legal team takes care of every detail in your car accident case and will enthusiastically provide the following services:
- Keep you up to date on the progress of your case, at every step of the way
- Identify the at-fault party, then establish their negligence and liability
- Investigate your accident to collect all the evidence we need to construct a solid case
- Communicate with all case-related parties, such as insurance companies, defense lawyers, witnesses, expert witnesses, the judge, and the jury
- Calculate the damages you have suffered and will suffer in the future so that your compensation covers your actual needs
- Negotiate with insurance representatives
- Fight relentlessly to protect your rights and win the best possible case outcome for you
Below is some additional information about the services we offer.
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accident lawyer serving Mineola, call 516-932-0400
Keeping You Informed About Your Case
Your case will have a strategy designed to persuade the adverse insurance carrier and, if necessary, a jury at the trial of the rightness of your cause. We will draft a roadmap on how we aim to fight for your compensation because claims and litigation are adversarial processes that may involve many twists and turns. You will know where we are at every step in the process.
Updates may include summaries of or more detailed information about:
- Court hearing dates
- Messages from involved parties, such as the insurance company or opposing legal team
- New information and/or evidence retrieved for your case file
- Settlement offers we receive on your behalf
- Approaching deadlines associated with your case
With each update you receive, you will have legal authority over all decisions in your case. While our team may advise you or answer any questions you have about the information you receive, you ultimately have the final word on how you want to move your case forward. We never forget that we work for you.
Identifying the At-Fault Party and Establishing Their Negligence and Liability
In any car accident case, insurers or the judge and jury need to be assured that negligence took place before an at-fault party may be held liable for damages. The legal concept of negligence is established via a four-pronged argument.
Our legal team will craft this argument carefully and convincingly, proving that each of the following four statements is true:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care, which means they had a duty to keep you from harm.
- Through either their actions or inactions, the defendant breached this duty of care.
- By violating this duty of care, the defendant caused the accident that caused your injuries.
- You sustained damages as a result of the accident and your injuries.
Regarding your car accident in Mineola, we will observe how the at-fault party caused it to begin shaping this accident. For example, if the at-fault party was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident, our argument will be based on their willful act of disobeying traffic laws and putting you in danger as a result.
Mineola Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Collecting Evidence to Build a Compelling Case
We will construct our arguments on how the other party was negligent and thus liable by using the evidence we gather from our investigation of your car accident. Depending on the unique circumstances of your case, this effort may involve the following steps:
- Visiting the scene of the accident to document evidence
- Obtaining, reviewing, and cataloging photos and videos from the scene of the accident
- Working with an accident reconstruction specialist to determine precisely how the car accident occurred
- Obtaining testimonies from people who witnessed the accident take place
Evidence is everything when presenting a compelling case to insurers and courts. Our team will line up the facts to demonstrate your right to compensation.
Calculating Your Recoverable Damages
Some evidence from our investigation will be used to support your case argument regarding who was negligent in your accident, what caused it, and who should be held liable for your damages. However, we will use other evidence to establish your losses, including expenses you may have already paid (e.g., medical bills) and economic losses you can expect to face in the future.
Although the types and amounts of recoverable damages will depend on the unique elements of your car accident and injury, you may be able to recover the following types of damages in your case:
- Medical expenses: This includes costs for physician appointments, surgeries, hospitalization, ambulance rides, prescription medications, physical therapy, and other medical care services.
- Lost wages and benefits: If you were forced to miss work because of your injuries, we will help you fight for any income loss you suffered, including loss of benefits and pensions.
- Diminished future potential earnings: If your injuries are severe enough to affect your working abilities, we will help you fight for the reduction in your earning potential. This can apply if your injuries force you to take a lower-paying position or leave your field of work altogether.
- Property damage: If your vehicle or other property was damaged in the accident, we will help you fight for compensation to cover repair costs or your property’s replacement value.
- Pain and suffering: Some damages do not have an immediate monetary value, especially if they are felt by you physically and emotionally. We will help you approximate a value for the pain and suffering you experienced as a result of the accident and your injuries.
- Diminished quality of life: If your injuries are expected to be long-term or permanent, we will help you calculate the overall damage to the quality of life you may face as a result.
If your loved one passed away in a car accident in Mineola, we extend our heartfelt condolences. We understand that there is no way to compensate for such a tragedy. We understand that you may be facing very real and difficult economic consequences as a result of their passing. You may be eligible to pursue a wrongful death action and fight for compensation for additional damages, such as:
- Funeral service expenses
- Loss of consortium (the special losses, recognized by law, that a person suffers when their spouse is a wrongful death victim.)
- Loss of financial support
Our wrongful death team will represent you with dignity and compassion in this fight for the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
Negotiating with the Insurance Company and Lawyers
A car accident lawyer from our team serving Mineola will fight through the negotiation process on your behalf in an effort to negotiate a potential settlement for you. If the insurer refuses to offer an acceptable settlement, we are ready to take the case to civil court.
As you read this, if you are beginning the process of recovering from accident injuries, your focus should be on medical treatment and rebuilding your life. Relieve yourself of the stress that case deadlines and litigation rules can create. Leave those concerns to us and put your full attention on getting well.
Leave the Negotiation Process to Us
If the other driver was at fault in a car accident, their insurance company should favorably and appropriately compensate you. Even after liability has been established, negotiating a financial settlement can be more difficult than you might think. When our car accident lawyer represents you, we will:
- Avoid a speedy, but too low, settlement. The insurance company might offer to settle your case quickly, which can be tempting in a time of financial distress. (If you are experiencing such financial distress brought about by the accident, please address this issue with us. There may be resources we can assist with to get you through the crisis so that you can permit the case to be prosecuted up to the point where a recovery that properly addresses your damages is realized.) Such an offer by the insurer for the at-fault party can be lower than the actual value of your case, though, because enough time has not passed to allow all costs to be known.
- Explain the finality of a settlement agreement. Once signed and accepted, your settlement is final and binding. You will not be able to request additional damages later, even valid ones. We make sure your case receives a thorough and accurate valuation before entering settlement talks to avoid this costly eventuality.
You never have to forego legal support throughout the negotiation process. When we negotiate for you, you can also avoid costly errors and miscalculations that might result in a lower settlement than you deserve. You can also avoid the stress and anxiety of demand letters and repeated rounds of negotiation.
The Time to Start Your Case Is Now
New York has a statute of limitations limiting the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit following your car accident. You can find the most frequently applicable statute of limitations for personal injury cases in New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214.
Other time restrictions may apply to your car accident case which have a shorter time period than the § 214 statute referenced above. One example would be the statute of limitations for wrongful death cases if your loved one passed away. That filing deadline can be found in Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1.
Making a determination as each and every applicable case deadline is critically important. That is one of the many aspects of case analysis that we perform when we are retained by an accident injury victim or by a wrongful death victim’s surviving family members.
Our law firm will keep track of any applicable deadlines in your case should you decide to work with a car accident lawyer from our team. We will make sure procedures are followed in a timely and technically correct manner, relieving you of that stress.
An Expired Statute of Limitations Can Be Costly
New York imposes a statute of limitations on civil lawsuits to ensure the veracity and reliability of witness statements and physical evidence. It also prevents a defendant from living on pins and needles indefinitely.
When we represent you, we ensure the statute of limitations is correctly interpreted, respected, and complied with. Failure to do so would mean your lawsuit will be immediately dismissed without ever being heard
Such a harsh and irreversible outcome will mean you cannot compel compensation from the at-fault driver. Their insurance company will be aware of the filing deadline and will not hesitate to deny any payment on your claim whatsoever. Our early intervention on your behalf can ensure you do not lose your right to the compensation you need and deserve.
It Costs Nothing to Avoid a Costly Legal Delay
Our personal injury law firm is passionate about helping injured clients recover the damages they are entitled to. We also understand the concern you might have about the cost of hiring a lawyer.
We work with injured clients on a contingency fee basis. Here is how you can benefit from it:
- You will never have an out-of-pocket cost or fee related to your case
- You will never be charged a fee or asked to pay an expense unless and until we win a monetary recovery for you
- We will see to it that all upfront filing fees and court costs are paid
- We will see to it that the upfront costs of expert witnesses are paid
- We will see to it that the upfront costs of investigating your case are paid
- We will see to it that all these costs are paid without you ever having to lay out a single dollar before your case is successfully concluded.
We work on a contingency fee because we know how overwhelming it can be to lose your source of income due to your injuries at the same time that the costs of treating your injuries are adding up. When we represent you, we do not expect and will not accept any compensation until we win compensation for you via an insurance settlement or trial verdict.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Begin Working on Your Case Now to Preserve Evidence
Another benefit of starting to build your case sooner rather than later relates to evidence. The more quality evidence we are able to gather, the better. By getting an early start on collecting evidence, we may have a greater ability to:
- Locate witnesses who still have a clear recollection of the accident
- Find and preserve surveillance and dashcam video footage of the accident
- Retrieve and preserve records and other information from companies involved with your case
Also, the longer you wait to file a personal injury case, the harder it will be to tie your injuries to the accident as opposed to another event. Our team will work hard to retain and preserve as much evidence as possible for you, but we cannot start until you decide to begin your case.
Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle in Mineola, New York
Car accidents result from a wide range of human behaviors, environmental conditions, and other factors. Some common car accident cases we have seen in our practice include the following causal factors:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Excessive speed
- Improper turning
- Aggressive driving
- Poor road conditions
- Inadequate lighting
- Debris on the road
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Poorly marked roads
Our injury lawyers accept all types of vehicle accident cases, including truck accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, and accidents involving pedestrians struck by all types of motor vehicles. We are honored to consult with you about your case, review the details, and explain the legal options you have for moving forward with damage recovery. When you call us, we will be patient, compassionate, and comprehensive. You will understand your options and have the benefit of our experience to decide the way forward.
Let Us Represent You in Your Fight for Compensation for Your Car Accident
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we fight for justice for the victims of car accidents in Mineola, New York. A car accident lawyer from our team will fight tirelessly to get the compensation you need to recover from your injuries.
Call us today for a free case review.
Nassau County Car Accident Lawyer
If your accident occurred elsewhere in Nassau County or greater New York City, and you are looking for a car accident lawyer, our team will also be able to assist you in this area. Our personal injury team has fought for the rights of New Yorkers who have experienced any kind of car accident whether it occurred in:
- Long Island
- The Bronx
- Staten Island
There are many reasons to hire a car accident lawyer. Continue reading to learn what our legal team will do to help people in Nassau County build their car accident claims or lawsuits.
How We Will Manage Your Car Accident Case in Nassau County
Our car accident lawyers serving Nassau County will relieve you of the many obligations, burdens, and critical deadlines associated with prosecuting a car accident case.
We manage our cases in a systematic way to provide you with comprehensive legal representation.
We Identify Fault and Prove Liability for Your Car Accident in Nassau County
By thoroughly investigating the accident, our legal team will identify the individual(s) who caused your accident. To prove liability, we demonstrate that:
- The at-fault party was obligated to act reasonably and prevent you from being subjected to unreasonable harm.
- The at-fault party failed to act reasonably due to their carelessness, recklessness, or negligence, which then subjected you to harm.
- The at-fault party’s actions caused your car accident and resulting injuries, making them liable for your damages.
We Document Fault and Liability
If available, we will use the following as evidence in your car accident case:
- Witness statements
- Surveillance videos
- Police reports
- Expert opinions
We Document the Damages You Incurred as a Result of the Accident
The following are just some examples of damages we will fight to recover for you.
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of past and future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Costs for services to accommodate your injuries, such as homecare
By using the information you provide and other information we find in our investigation, we will also calculate the value of your damages. Keep in mind that each car accident case is a different and unique undertaking. Still, our team members will explain this process to you in a future consultation.
We Fight for You
When you hire a lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to represent you, our team will:
- Send documents to support the extent of damages to the offending driver’s insurer
- Work to negotiate the terms of a possible settlement
- File a lawsuit in a civil court if the insurer does not agree to a settlement and the unique circumstances of your case will support such legal action
- Prosecute your claim or lawsuit and remain mindful of our mission to fight for fair compensation for you
Common Causes of Car Crashes Caused By Another Motorist
The causes of car crashes in Nassau County are as varied as those living and working in the five boroughs, on Long Island or Westchester.
The personal injury legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., has worked on every type of motor vehicle accident case. More specifically, we have successfully prosecuted many types of car accident cases that resulted in injury to our clients. These include but are not limited to car accidents caused by:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Fatigued driving
- Aggressive driving/road rage
- Illegal lane changes
- Illegal turns
- Failure to yield
- Disregarding traffic signals
Other Common Causes of Car Crashes
Sometimes the cause of the car accident is not another driver, but rather a roadway hazard, a defective car part, or some other external variable.
Examples of other causal factors for car accidents include:
- Improper maintenance
- Insufficient signage
- Obstructions or debris
- Insufficient traffic control
- Temporary road markings
- Automotive component defects
If the cause of your accident was not listed here, we are still interested in learning more about your case. Our legal team will review your case and determine how we will be able to help you.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., Wants to Represent Your Car Accident Case
Call our legal team for a free consultation regarding your car accident case. Our car accident lawyers serving Nassau County offer personalized, compassionate, and comprehensive legal services. Call us today.