With the number of hazards and heavy machinery present on construction sites, accidents that occur often result in catastrophic injuries that devastate the personal and financial lives of the victims. If you’re suffering after a construction accident, we want you to have the time and energy to focus on your recovery. To accomplish that goal, our firm will handle your case for compensation from beginning to end.
A New York personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon L.L.P. will patiently and respectfully listen to your account of the accident to get an idea of what went wrong when you were injured. Depending on the cause of your accident, you have several potential avenues for compensation. During your free consultation, we will talk about your legal options and walk you through our services. Don’t suffer alone. Our personal injury team is ready to advocate on your behalf, from start to finish.
- Compensatory Damages a New York Construction Accident Lawyer Typically Recovers
- Why Choose Hire a New York Construction Accident Lawyer for Your Injury Case?
- A Construction Accident Lawyer Works on Contingency in New York
- Act Now Before It’s Too Late
- Our New York Construction Accident Lawyer Will Take the Lead
Compensatory Damages a New York Construction Accident Lawyer Typically Recovers
“Damages” refer to everything you lose or spend as a result of your accident. We will fight to recover your financial security and other damages as part of your claim or lawsuit. The damages you are eligible to claim depend on the type of case we file on your behalf.
Benefits Available Through Workers’ Compensation
As a construction worker, your first avenue for financial and medical benefits is usually worker’s compensation. If you are employed through a company and are not an independent contractor, you have these benefits available to you. Per the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board, your benefits allow you to claim:
- Up to two-thirds of your customary wages
- The cost of your medical treatment (through an approved doctor)
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Survivor benefits on behalf of a lost loved one
If your accident injuries were sustained in the course of your employment you won’t be able to make a direct claim against or sue your employer. However, depending on how the accident happened, you could be eligible to sue a third party.
Damages in a Personal Injury Claim or Lawsuit
Injured workers whose injuries are the result of a third party’s negligence and pedestrians who were injured on a construction site have the ability to file a claim or lawsuit. Your losses could warrant the following types of damages:
- The cost of your past and future medical treatment
- Your past and future lost wages, including benefits, tips, and other non-conventional forms of income
- Physical suffering, including loss of mobility and independence
- Emotional and mental anguish
For a free legal consultation with a Construction Accident lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
Why Choose Hire a New York Construction Accident Lawyer for Your Injury Case?
We know you have a lot of choices for representation in New York. Yet, after suffering severe injuries, a great deal rides on a successful case outcome. We want to provide you peace of mind during the legal process so that you are able to physically and emotionally recover. In the meantime, we will fight to recover your financial award.
What makes us different? We have a multilingual staff able to assist in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. As proud members of this diverse community, we are passionate advocates for those who have suffered the costs of an accident.
We Get Results for Injured New Yorkers
While our services are a point of pride for our firm, we know that numbers go a long way in demonstrating our success as injury lawyers. Here are some of the results we’ve achieved for injured people in our community:
- $9,876,000 for a steamfitter who suffered back, ankle, and shoulder injuries after falling from a ladder at a construction site
- $3,900,000 for an asbestos removal worker who suffered an ankle injury after a fall from an unsecured ladder at a construction site
- $2,600,000 for a painter who suffered neck and foot injuries after a fall from the scaffolding at a construction site
We hope our previous successes give you an idea of what’s possible; however, our team will be able to give you an accurate estimate for your case after a thorough review of your personal and financial losses.
The State of New York has enacted a number of laws that specifically provide protections to those in the construction trades. Labor Law sections 200, 240 and 241 address many of the most common and dangerous ways that construction workers are injured and, tragically, even killed, on job sites. From ladder and scaffold accidents to falling objects to equipment and machinery negligence and inadequate lighting and more, these laws and others, provide a legal basis for severely injured construction workers to recover the compensation they need and deserve.
Our firm has experience with these laws and we stand ready to fight relentlessly to win the justice you deserve.
Previous Clients Testify to the Quality of Our Services
We want to make a difference for our clients. Thankfully, our testimonials demonstrate that we do. Here’s what two of our previous clients have to say about working with us:
- “The firm provided me with excellent legal advice…Most importantly, walked away with my medical bills all paid for and then some. Very happy and strongly recommended.” – Andrew
- “I worked with Friedman & Simon on my extremely complex personal injury case. The team of attorneys at Friedman & Simon is nothing short of amazing; not only in my eyes but my family’s eyes as well…Mr. Friedman could be reached at any time night or day he went above & beyond to make sure I was comfortable from the very beginning of this case to the conclusion.” – Daniel
We hope you’ll allow us to fight on your behalf, too. We aim to make a difference in your quality of life now, not just in the end result.
Services We Offer Injured People in Construction Accident Cases
Personal injury cases are as varied as the people who file them. While we offer a few core services, we also provide individualized care and attention to each client. Our goal is to give you the time and energy to heal; often, the most important aspect of giving you that room is taking care of the legal process. Here’s how we handle injury cases from beginning to end:
- We will assess your legal options for financial recovery
- We will investigate to determine if you are able to sue the liable party
- We will uncover evidence that demonstrates the liability of the at-fault or otherwise legally responsible party
- We will file your case-related paperwork with the court or insurer
- We will track filing and notification deadlines on your behalf
- We will escalate your case to litigation should you meet the criteria to sue
- We will represent you in court proceedings and prepare you for litigation
- We will communicate with the insurers and the at-fault party
- We will negotiate for financial compensation
You shouldn’t have to handle your legal case on top of everything else. Let us take the lead. You focus on your other priorities.
New York Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
A Construction Accident Lawyer Works on Contingency in New York
Hiring a lawyer may seem out of reach because of your financial expenses, but you don’t have to worry because you only pay us when we win your case and you pay nothing if we lose. That’s what working on a contingency fee basis is all about. No one should be denied access to legal representation because of their financial status.
You also do not have to worry about hidden costs. We believe in being transparent and honest with clients about how payment works, so we will explain it in detail so there are no surprises when all is said and done.
We also offer free consultations so you can talk to us about your case and we can answer your questions.
Act Now Before It’s Too Late
Sometimes we need time to weigh our options before we make a decision. This is normal, but you risk losing your right to file a lawsuit if the deadline in your case expires. This is known as the statute of limitations, and the negligent party and their insurer would love nothing more than for the deadline to expire so you can’t recover compensation through the courts.
New York only provides you with a limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214. You have an even shorter amount of time to file a wrongful death lawsuit, according to Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1. If you lost someone you love in a construction accident, we are sincerely sorry for your loss. No matter what kind of lawsuit you need to file, we will meet all deadlines in your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our New York Construction Accident Lawyer Will Take the Lead
Whether you suffered injuries as an employee, independent contractor, or pedestrian, you deserve representatives who will fight for your best interests. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., you have a team of advocates who will fight for financial compensation that improves your quality of life and takes care of your financial obligations.
Contact us online to schedule your free consultation today.