If you or a loved one was injured in a construction or scaffolding accident in any of the five boroughs of New York or anywhere on Long Island, you may be able to recover compensation through a personal injury claim or lawsuit. A construction accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., wants to build a case for you and fight for your right to pursue financial recovery.
Construction accident injuries can be devastating. We want to help you by recovering the compensation you need. We offer free case reviews to prospective clients, and one of our team members will explain your litigation options once we understand the nature of your case.
In This Article
- You may be Entitled to Multiple Damages as a Construction Accident Victim
- We Can Pursue a Construction Accident Case on Your Behalf
- Start Building Your Construction Accident Case Before Time Runs Out
- We Handle Various Types of Construction Accident Cases
- Our Law Firm has Helped Accident Victims win Millions in Compensation
- Hire a New York Construction Accident Lawyer from Our Legal Team Today
You may be Entitled to Multiple Damages as a Construction Accident Victim
If you were hurt while working on a construction site, you may be able to recover your medical expenses and a portion of your wages through a workers’ compensation claim. However, for many accident victims, workers’ compensation is not enough to cover all of their losses.
In that case, you might be interested in seeing if you qualify to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit if other parties contributed to your accident. Victims injured at or near a construction site who were not performing construction work but whose injuries were a result of the work being performed can also build personal injury cases against negligent parties to fight for compensation.
Recoverable damages for a construction accident case may include:
Medical Treatment and Related Costs
Our team will review your medical bills to calculate the current expenses you are facing, such as costs for:
- Ambulance transportation
- Emergency room treatment
- Laboratory tests, imaging scans, and other diagnostics
- Prescription medications
- Rehabilitation and therapy
We will also factor in any ongoing treatment you might need and future medical expenses you might face based on your type of injury. For this information, we will consult medical professionals who can testify on your behalf as expert witnesses.
Other Economic Losses
Like workers’ compensation claims, you may be entitled to receive compensation for lost wages. However, with personal injury cases, there is a wider range of financial damages you can pursue, such as:
- Current and future loss of income and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Costs for domestic services, such as home care or childcare
- Transportation costs
Personal injury cases also allow plaintiffs to pursue damages related to their physical and emotional grievances, which might include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish or emotional distress
- Permanent disability or loss of bodily function, such as vision or hearing
- Scarring and other forms of physical disfigurement
- Psychological trauma
Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one died in a construction accident in New York please accept our heartfelt condolences. We are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
You may be able to file a wrongful death case against any liable party we identify. A lawyer from our team will review your case to see if you qualify for wrongful death damages, such as:
- Funeral service expenses
- Loss of consortium (Typically these include the unique losses the law recognizes when a person loses their spouse.)
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of companionship or parental guidance
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
We Can Pursue a Construction Accident Case on Your Behalf
If you suffered injuries on a New York construction site, our team wants to review your case. Our personal injury team offers multiple services to help you build a comprehensive case against the negligent parties you aim to sue. These services include:
Identifying the Liable Party or Parties
New York laws allow construction accident victims to seek compensation from a:
- Property owner
- General contractor
- Machinery manufacturer
- Equipment maintenance company
- Third-party individual, such as a vehicle driver
For example, suppose a construction worker is injured by tripping on debris or scattered tools or materials in a work area. In that case, the owner of the property and the general contractor may be responsible for the accident.
Our team will review your case to identify the liable party, including whether the case involves multiple liable parties and allows you to pursue multiple claims.
Gathering Evidence for Your Case
We investigate every accident and injury case we handle. During our investigation, we will collect evidence to prove:
- Your physical and emotional damages
- Your economic losses
Evidence may include photographs, video footage, witness testimony, and various forms of documentation. With this evidence, we will build a case against the negligent party and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Handling Legal Communications and Other Tasks
When you choose our law firm to represent you, we will provide you with full-service treatment, in that we will handle:
- Communications with insurance companies, attorneys, and other interested parties
- Legal paperwork you need to file in your case
- Negotiation meetings
- Court hearing date requests and scheduling
- Other legal requests, such as for evidence retrieval
Our team will work hard to fight for fair compensation. We will put our efforts toward negotiating a settlement deal out of court, as the litigation process can be lengthy. However, if necessary, we will represent your case in trial.
New York Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Start Building Your Construction Accident Case Before Time Runs Out
New York gives accident victims a limited time to file their lawsuits. It is important to act quickly after you suffer injuries so we can identify any negligent parties and hold them liable. Once the deadline passes, the at-fault and other liable parties will have a complete defense to any legal action. In other words, such delay in taking timely action jeopardizes your ability to make a monetary recovery for the harm done to you.
The following statutes of limitations may apply toward your case, which we will use to determine your case’s filing deadline:
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214 if you are filing a personal injury lawsuit
- Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1 if you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit
Once we identify your case’s deadline, we will take appropriate measures to have your case submitted on time. However, our work cannot begin until you become our client, so do not hesitate to reach out to us. As soon as you retain us, we start building your case.
We Handle Various Types of Construction Accident Cases
We represent clients injured in construction accidents involving:
- Falls from scaffolding
- Falls from ladders or other elevated areas
- Slip and falls and trip and falls
- Electric shock and electrocutions
- Workers hit by falling debris or other items
- Getting caught in or in between equipment or materials
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Building collapses
We Help Accident Victims Regardless of Their Immigration or Employment Status
A mistake that some accident victims make is assuming that their immigration or employment status disqualifies them from filing a personal injury case in the United States. Some victims might even be intimidated out of standing up for their legal right to compensation in some cases.
You could still be eligible to bring your construction accident case forward even if:
- You work off the books: The law still allows you to bring a lawsuit for your injuries even if you are not a registered employee of the construction company. We may be able to use various document records to prove your income information, such as personal recordkeeping, bank statements, or tax forms. Even if such records are unavailable, we can, as we have in the past for other clients who found themselves in this position, build a strong case to prove the level of damages you have suffered.
- You are not a citizen: If you are not a citizen, or your immigration status is not valid, the law still recognizes your right to recover compensation for your injuries.
- Your boss told you not to report the accident to anyone or say it happened somewhere else: If you didn’t report the accident, or your boss told you to say it happened someplace else, you are still entitled to recover damages for your injuries. We will work with you to help you explain your circumstances.
We are ready to fight for you, so don’t let others discourage you from pursuing the compensation you deserve. Please note that your communications with our office are held in confidence, so you can have complete peace of mind about your privacy.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Law Firm has Helped Accident Victims win Millions in Compensation
For over 30 years, our personal injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., have won millions of dollars for our clients. For many of our clients who suffered injuries in construction accidents, the money we have won has made all the difference in helping them rebuild their lives.
We have won large settlements and verdicts for workers injured in construction accidents. Some of our case results include:
- $9,876,000 for a steamfitter who suffered multiple injuries to their back, shoulder, and ankle after falling off a ladder
- $2,600,000 for a painter who suffered neck and foot injuries after falling off scaffolding
- $1,900,000 for a mechanic who suffered a knee injury after falling off a ladder
Our Team Works on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Please also note that we only get paid if and when we win money for you, so there is no financial risk in working with us whatsoever. Because we work on a contingency-fee basis, that means:
- There are no upfront attorney’s fees you need to pay.
- There are no surprise fees at the end of your case, as we discuss our terms before we begin working.
- You do not have to pay out of pocket because our fees come out of a percentage of your compensation award.
Hire a New York Construction Accident Lawyer from Our Legal Team Today
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we are passionate advocates for the injured. We fight for the rights of injured construction workers in New York. We have a multilingual staff, allowing us to assist you in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, or Kannada.
Call us today to get started with your free case review and consultation.