If you or a loved one suffered injury on a construction accident in East Meadow, you may be entitled to compensation. An East Meadow construction accident lawyer will build a compelling case for you or your injured loved one.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our injury lawyers pursue compensation for the damages suffered by construction accident victims, injured due to the carelessness or negligence of other parties. Call 516-932-0400 today to see how we can help you.
In This Article
- Construction Accident Cases We Handle
- How an East Meadow Construction Accident Lawyer Can Help
- Compensation for East Meadow Construction Accident Victims
- What To Do When You Are Hurt on a Construction Site
- Do Not Delay — Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Today: 516-932-0400
Construction Accident Cases We Handle
Our compassionate team members understand the stress, pain, and financial strain construction accidents can cause. There are myriad ways for construction accidents to occur, especially on improperly maintained sites. We accept all types of construction accident cases, including:
- Building collapses
- Crushing or other injuries caused by construction machinery or equipment
- Electric shock and electrocution
- Falls from ladders, scaffolding, or other elevated areas
- Accidents involving heavy machinery and motor vehicles
- Slip and falls and trip and falls
- Workers hit by falling debris or tools
In many cases, more than one person or entity shares the liability for a construction accident. For example, a laborer electrocuted by a wire that was supposed to have been disconnected would have cause for action against the electrician, assuming they worked for a separate company. On investigation, it could be determined that the property owner shared responsibility for ensuring that the electricity was disconnected while laborers were on-site.
Under New York law, you cannot sue your employer or a fellow employee to recover for injuries caused by their negligence. You can, however, sue a third party that caused or contributed to your accident. In the example above, both of the people responsible are classified as third parties by New York law. We take action to bring negligent third parties to justice by pursuing compensation on your behalf.
Contact us now at 516-932-0400 for your free initial consultation. There is no obligation and we never collect an attorney’s fee unless and until you receive compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving East Meadow, call 516-932-0400
How an East Meadow Construction Accident Lawyer Can Help
Construction workers across the state of New York are protected by specific labor laws and pieces of legislation that recognize the specific harms that these workers in particular are exposed to. Employers must ensure a safe workplace, and other parties working on the site are obligated to conduct themselves in a way that avoids endangering the safety of others , as well. When the neglect or carelessness of another party causes a construction accident and you are injured, we are here to fight for you.
Our team members at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. are passionate advocates for injured New York construction workers. Your recovery is our top priority. We do every single step of the legwork involved in the legal claim and manage the stress of pursuing compensation for you. This allows you to focus on what matters most, your health and wellness. As we work on your case you are able to have all necessary medical treatment and recuperate. Our team will:
- Provide regular updates about your case.
- Represent you in insurance negotiations and discussions with other legal teams.
- Investigate your construction accident.
- Gather evidence to prove your case, including expert witness testimony from our network of medical experts, life care planners, economists, and vocational rehabilitation specialists.
- Establish the extent of your damages to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
We can visit you at home or in the hospital, if needed. Our team can assist you in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, or Kannada. Call 516-932-0400 today to learn more about how an East Meadow construction accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can help.
East Meadow Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Compensation for East Meadow Construction Accident Victims
The physical pain and emotional damage done by construction accidents can be devastating. To make matters even worse, mounting medical expenses and the inability to work can quickly throw victims into financial chaos. Insurers know this and typically offer the lowest amount they believe an accident victim will take in their desperate situation.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. attorneys are unwavering in our commitment to protecting your legal right to fair compensation. We will pursue compensation for all the following types of damages:
- Medical treatment and related costs
- Ambulance transportation and emergency room treatment
- Laboratory tests, imaging scans, and other diagnostics
- Prescription medications
- Rehabilitation, therapy, and ongoing and/or future care costs
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Loss of financial support
- Other out-of-pocket costs related to your accident, injury, or treatment
You are also entitled to compensation for your noneconomic damages such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, and other emotional damages. If your loved one died in an East Meadow construction accident, we will file a wrongful death case on your behalf.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today at 516-932-0400 to learn more about what types of compensation are available in your case. See how an East Meadow construction accident lawyer can help make things right.
What To Do When You Are Hurt on a Construction Site
If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in a construction accident, you are not alone. Follow these steps to get the help you need and protect the integrity of your claim.
- Seek medical attention, even if your preference would be to ignore it or hope that it “just goes away”.
- Inform your employer, that the accident happened, providing information such as date, time and location. It is best to speak with an experienced East Meadow construction accident lawyer before completing and signing any forms.
- Gather and prepare evidenceincluding accident scene photos, eyewitness statements, medical records, and detailed notes of how your injuries are impacting your life. Take these steps only to the extent that it is safe and convenient. You do not need to feel pressured as our firm will perform these tasks to the extent that you were unable, following the accident, to do so.
- Meet with an East Meadow construction accident lawyer, who will advise you of your rights, assist in any reports or paperwork you are required to sign, chart a course to fair compensation, and more.
- Pursue compensation for your damages. Your attorney will represent your best interests every step of the way.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Do Not Delay — Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Today: 516-932-0400
New York gives us a limited time to file a lawsuit and the evidence gathered early on can prove vital to your claim. Act quickly to protect your right to compensation. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today at 516-932-0400 to begin the process of securing compensation for your damages. We are here to help.