If you suffered a severe injury in a construction accident in East Meadow, you could be entitled to compensation. An East Meadow personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will build a compelling case for you or your injured loved one.
- East Meadow, NY Construction Accident Cases We Handle
- How an East Meadow Construction Accident Lawyer Will Handle Your Case
- Compensation for East Meadow Construction Accident Victims
- What To Do When You Are Hurt on a Construction Site in East Meadow
- Do Not Delay – Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for Assistance With Your Construction Accident Case Today
East Meadow, NY Construction Accident Cases We Handle
Our compassionate team members at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. understand the stress, physical pain, and financial strain construction accidents can cause for both victims and their families.
There are myriad ways for construction accidents to occur, especially on improperly maintained worksites. Our firm understands that every construction accident presents unique challenges. We accept all types of construction accident cases, including:
- Building collapses
- Crushing or other injuries caused by construction machinery or equipment
- Electric shock and electrocution
- Falls from ladders, scaffolding, or other elevated areas
- Accidents involving heavy machinery and motor vehicles
- Slip and falls and trip and falls
- Workers hit by falling debris or tools
Our East Meadow construction accident attorneys will work to determine the cause of the accident and establish the extent of your injuries. We will compile evidence to value your claim and seek the compensation you deserve for your losses.
Establishing Liability in an East Meadow Construction Accident Claim
In many cases, more than one person or entity shares liability for a construction accident. For example, a laborer electrocuted by a wire that should have been disconnected could have cause for action against the electrician, assuming they worked for a separate company. Upon further investigation, the property owner could also share responsibility for failing to ensure the electricity was disconnected while laborers were onsite.
Our East Meadow construction injury attorneys will examine your claim to determine all the liable parties. We will then compile the evidence necessary to prove that the other party’s negligent or wrongful behavior caused the accident and your resultant injuries. We will also base a claim on applicable laws against every party that is potentially legally liable even if their behavior was not a direct cause of your injuries. (For example, a claim against a property owner and general contractor in an accident involving a fall from scaffolding).
Third-Party Construction Claims in New York
Under New York law, in most construction accident situations, an injured construction worker cannot sue their employer or a fellow employee to recover for injuries caused by their negligence. The injured worker can, however, sue a third party who caused or contributed to the accident. In the example above, New York law classifies both of the people responsible as third parties. We will take action to bring negligent and otherwise legally liable third parties to justice by pursuing compensation on your behalf.
Your East Meadow construction accident lawyer will determine whether you have a valid claim against a third party through a free legal consultation. After your free, no-obligation consultation with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., should you decide to retain our services to prosecute your case, we will not collect an attorney’s fee unless and until we win compensation for you. You can hire our firm to take care of every detail of your case and never have an out-of-pocket cost.
For a free legal consultation with a Construction Accident lawyer serving East Meadow, call 516-932-0400
How an East Meadow Construction Accident Lawyer Will Handle Your Case
Specific labor laws and legislation recognizing the particular risks construction workers face on the job protect these individuals across New York. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and New York state laws protect employees by requiring employers to provide a safe work environment. Employers and other parties working on site must also avoid endangering the safety of others.
Employers and individuals working on construction sites who fail to adhere to safety standards and regulations can be held liable for accidents and injuries that occur as a result. When the neglect or carelessness of another party causes a construction accident and you are injured, we stand ready to fight for the justice you deserve.
We Will Protect Your Legal Right to Compensation After an East Meadow Construction Accident
Our team members at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. are passionate advocates for injured New York construction workers. Your recovery is our top priority. We will take care of the legwork involved in your legal claim and manage the stress of pursuing compensation for you. This allows you to focus on what matters most: your health and wellness.
As we work on your case, you can obtain the necessary medical treatment to recuperate from your injuries. Our team will:
- Investigate your construction accident
- Provide regular updates about your case
- Represent you in insurance negotiations and discussions with other legal teams
- Gather evidence to prove your case, including, as your unique circumstances call for, expert witness testimony from our network of medical experts, life care planners, economists, and vocational rehabilitation specialists
- Establish the extent of your damages to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve
If your injuries prevent you from visiting our office, we will visit you at home or in the hospital as needed. Our team assists clients in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, or Kannada.
East Meadow Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Compensation for East Meadow Construction Accident Victims
The physical pain and emotional damage caused by construction accidents can be devastating. To make matters even worse, mounting medical expenses and work absences can quickly throw victims into financial chaos. Insurers know this and typically offer the lowest amount they believe an accident victim will take in their desperate situation.
Our East Meadow injury attorneys are familiar with construction accident claims and recognize the strategies insurance companies use to reduce payouts. In addition to lowball settlement offers, the insurance company may imply that you were somehow at fault for the accident or your injuries are not as bad as you claim.
Our East Meadow construction accident lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. are unwavering in our commitment to protecting your legal right to fair compensation. We will pursue compensation for all of the following applicable damages:
- Medical treatment and related costs
- Ambulance transportation and emergency room treatment
- Laboratory tests, imaging scans, and other diagnostics
- Prescription medications
- Rehabilitation, therapy, and ongoing and/or future care costs
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Loss of financial support
- Other out-of-pocket costs related to your accident, injury, or treatment
You are also entitled to compensation for your noneconomic damages, such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, and other emotional damages. We will assign a value to these damages and add them to your claim.
Filing a Wrongful Death Claim After an East Meadow Construction Accident
If you lost a loved one in an East Meadow construction accident, we extend our sincere condolences. Our attorneys are compassionate with our clients yet fight hard against our adversaries. Every member of our team of legal professionals is committed to fighting hard for the surviving loved ones of construction accident wrongful death victims in East Meadow. We firmly believe that the responsible party should be held accountable, and we will strongly advocate for justice and compensation for the loss of your loved one.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will tell you more about what types of compensation are available in your case. An East Meadow construction accident lawyer from our team will be relentless on your behalf and take every step to make things right.
What To Do When You Are Hurt on a Construction Site in East Meadow
If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in a construction accident, you are not alone. Follow these steps to get the assistance you need and protect the integrity of your claim:
- Seek medical attention, even if your preference is to ignore your injuries or hope they “just go away.” Adrenaline from the accident can mask some serious injuries, like traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), which can pose severe risks to your life and health later.
- Inform your employer of the accident. Provide them with all critical information, such as the date, time, and location of the incident. We recommend consulting with an East Meadow construction accident lawyer before completing or signing any forms.
- Gather and prepare evidence, including accident scene photos, eyewitness statements, medical records, and detailed notes of how your injuries impact your life. Take these steps only to the extent that it is safe and convenient. You do not need to feel pressured to do everything, as our firm will perform those tasks that you cannot perform due to your injuries.
- Meet with an East Meadow construction accident lawyer. We will advise you of your rights, provide complete guidance with any reports or paperwork you must sign, chart a course to seek fair compensation, and more.
- Pursue compensation for your damages. Your attorney will represent your best interests every step of the way, including negotiations both in and out of court.
We Will Advocate for Your Best Interests After a Construction Injury
An East Meadow personal injury lawyer who handles construction accident claims will walk you through the legal process and protect you from unscrupulous settlement offers. With a Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. lawyer on your side, you don’t have to worry about compiling evidence, building a case, valuing your losses, or negotiating a settlement. Our attorneys will take care of every aspect of your legal claim, from your free initial consultation through negotiations, litigation and beyond.
While most injury cases settle out of court, we’ll work to prepare your case for trial from the outset. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the insurance company, we are prepared file a lawsuit against the at-fault parties within the statute of limitations. We will advocate for your legal right to compensation in a court of law.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Do Not Delay – Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for Assistance With Your Construction Accident Case Today
New York provides a limited time to file a lawsuit, and the evidence gathered early on can prove vital to your claim. Act quickly to protect your right to compensation. Reach out to Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today to begin the process of securing compensation for your damages. We are here to guide you throughout the legal process.