For those living in or near East Meadow, New York, when you place a loved one in a nursing home, you expect the staff to care for them as if they were their own family. So when you suspect that your loved one suffered abuse or neglect, it can be especially difficult to hear. However, you can hold the facility accountable. An East Meadow personal injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will fight for the justice and compensation that they deserve.
Call 516-932-0400 today to discuss the details of your case.
- Take Action If You Suspect Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect
- We Handle All Types of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Cases
- Let Us Help You Win Your East Meadow Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Case
- Work with a Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyer You Can Trust
Take Action If You Suspect Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect
It is normal to feel angry and confused after suspicion of nursing home abuse or neglect. It may not immediately be clear what the best steps to take may be to protect your loved one’s safety and legal rights. We recommend the following:
- Ensure the safety of your loved one: If you suspect that your loved one is in immediate danger, call 911 and remove them from the situation immediately.
- Report the nursing home abuse or neglect: File a report with the New York State Department of Health. You can submit this form online or call the Nursing Home Complaint hotline 24/7. This will open an investigation.
- Discuss your legal options with a nursing home abuse lawyer: Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. understands how overwhelming it can be to learn that a facility you trusted has mistreated a loved one. Our team of East Meadow nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers will work hard to uncover the details of the abuse. Call today for a free consultation: 516-932-0400.
For a free legal consultation with a Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect lawyer serving East Meadow, call 516-932-0400
We Handle All Types of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Cases
Unfortunately, there may be people within a nursing home that can be abusive or neglectful There are also different types of abuse to be aware of. We fight for victims’ rights in all types of nursing home abuse and neglect cases including, but not limited to, the following:
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Financial abuse
- Psychological abuse
- Neglect of basic rights
In some cases, the resident will not survive the injuries they suffered. If you lost a loved one due to nursing home abuse or neglect, our team will help you file a wrongful death action and seek justice on their behalf. Call today to get started: 516-932-0400.
East Meadow Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Let Us Help You Win Your East Meadow Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Case
Our East Meadow injury lawyers are dedicated to helping seniors and their families hold abusive and negligent nursing homes liable for their injuries. We never accept any fees unless and until you obtain compensation. When we take on your case, we will:
Provide Regular Updates on Your Legal Case
Our team of East Meadow nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers will keep you informed every step of the way. We will involve you in the process by offering you important updates about your case, while you focus on the health and recovery of your victimized loved one.
It is important that we uncover what happened and identify the liable party(s). This might include a physician, nurse, caregiver, or any other staff at the nursing home.
Manage All Communications on Your Behalf
It can be overwhelming to deal with the aftermath of nursing home abuse or neglect. As we manage all case-related communications with other parties on your behalf, you are able to focus your attention on the medical treatment and care of your victimized loved one.
To demonstrate nursing home abuse or neglect, we collect evidence, such as:
- Medical records
- Police report
- Witness statements
- Expert witness reports (medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists)
- Images or videos of the abuse or neglect
Keep in mind that it takes time to collect this information and to build your case. You only have a limited time available to file a New York nursing home abuse case. Waiting too long can make it difficult to collect the information needed. For example, witnesses may forget important details about the case. Other potential evidence, such as video, may unfortunately become unavailable. It is crucial that you discuss your case with an East Meadow nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible for your loved one.
Call today for a free consultation: 516-932-0400.
Determine the Value of Your Case
There are a lot of costs associated with a nursing home abuse or neglect case. In addition to relocation costs for the victim, there may also be high medical bills. Your loved one may also face significant pain and suffering that requires counseling services to overcome. Additionally, you and your family may have lost trust in the nursing home system, and find that entirely different arrangements need to be made such as at-home care with professional support. If this is found to be necessary, significant costs specific to this option can be involved such as home-renovation.
We will determine a value for your case with the following information:
- Medical records
- Relocation invoices
- Bank statements of financial losses
- Expert witness reports that attest to the diminished quality of life
- Counseling bills
Work with a Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyer You Can Trust
We know how important the safety and well-being of your loved one is to you. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we want to fight for their rights. By uncovering the terrible truth of what they have had to endure, we will not only collect the compensation you need to move past the abuse, but we can also prevent it from happening to another senior.
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is ready to help you with your East Meadow, NY, nursing home case in English, Spanish, Bengali, Greek, Kannada, or Tamil. Call us today for a free consultation at 516-932-0400.