If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a bus accident, we are here to help. Building a solid case is a complex undertaking—one you do not have to navigate on your own. Our New York bus accident lawyers will fight to recover damages for bus passengers, vehicle occupants, pedestrians, and cyclists. Our personal injury lawyers also represent the families of bus accident fatalities.
A collision with a bus often leaves victims with serious injuries and costly medical care. When we take on your case, our goal is to recover the compensation you need to avoid financial hardship due to someone else’s negligence. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we work hard to achieve appropriate compensation for your losses.
In This Article
- Proving Liability for the Financial Damages You Incur After a Bus Accident
- Our Bus Accident Lawyer Will Assess Your Recoverable Damages in New York
- We Are Passionate Advocates for the Injured Clients We Represent
- Call Now for Your Free Bus Accident Consultation
Proving Liability for the Financial Damages You Incur After a Bus Accident
You are entitled to financial recovery after an accident by proving the at-fault party’s liability. When our New York bus accident attorneys represent you, we start building your case by listening to your version of events with compassion and understanding. To identify the at-fault party and the negligence that led to the accident, we document their:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
- Behavior(s) which contributed to the happening of the accident (i.e., “causation”)
- Consequential degree of harm that they have caused (i.e., “damages”)
The evidence we collect to establish these legal elements of negligence will include the bus accident report and witness statements. We also obtain pieces of evidence you might find difficult to acquire on your own, including bus maintenance records, driver training documents, and driving history.
Causes of Bus Accidents In New York
Our law firm will review your case for free. This gives us the opportunity to understand your accident from your point of view. Our goal is to get to the bottom of the accident and document its cause. Sometimes, bus accidents result due to:
- Distracted or fatigued driving
- Road and weather conditions
- Bus or parts flaws or failures
- Improper or inadequate training
Our law firm will read and review the accident report in addition to conducting our own investigation into its causes and contributing factors. We will also consult with accident reconstruction experts, as needed.
For a free legal consultation with a Bus Accident lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
Our Bus Accident Lawyer Will Assess Your Recoverable Damages in New York
When Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. represents you, we work hard to recover various forms of compensation. Our request for compensation on your behalf will include the following types of economic damages:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future income loss
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or destruction
- Diminished property value
Non-economic damages are intangible and more difficult to document. Leave it to us. We can seek the value of the following types of non-economic damages:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Physical disability and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
If your family lost one of its loved ones in a bus accident, you have our most heartfelt condolences. You also have our commitment to recover wrongful death damages on your behalf. In addition to the costs of their funeral and burial, we request compensation for the loss of your loved one’s financial and familial support.
We Will Meet the Statute of Limitations on Your Bus Accident Case
New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 determines the amount of time you have to file your personal injury lawsuit. (Generally the time limit is three years from the date of accident, subject to a variety of potential exceptions which must be analyzed.) Similarly, Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1 determines how long your family has to file its wrongful death lawsuit. (The time limit for such case is generally two years from the date of death and, again, the specifics of the case must be carefully analyzed for applicability of the time limit and possible exceptions to the general rule.)
New York City is full of buses that meet various transportation and entertainment needs. If your accident involved a coach, transit, or party bus, the statute of limitations will generally apply to the filing of your lawsuit. If your accident involved a city bus, there will be additional notification and, typically, shorter filing deadlines than the three year general statute of limitations
Our legal team will handle these important points for you. Act before the filing deadline expires to protect your compensation case and to ensure our legal team will speak to witnesses while their memories are vivid and canvass the accident scene for valuable evidence.
New York Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Are Passionate Advocates for the Injured Clients We Represent
When our bus accident attorney represents you, we do everything possible to build the strongest possible case for you. We will:
- Provide ongoing updates on your case
- Identify all potentially liable parties
- Handle all case-related communication
- Gather, organize, and submit evidence
- Determine the monetary value of your case
We consult expert witnesses, including medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists. Our multilingual staff also means we assist clients in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. We also represent you on a contingency fee basis, meaning you owe nothing upfront or out of your own pocket.
See Why Previous Clients Recommend Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
Our law firm works hard to ensure you are treated like a person, not a case file. Our previous clients say:
- Daniel: “I worked with Friedman & Simon on my extremely complex personal injury case. The team of attorneys at Friedman & Simon is nothing short of amazing… It goes without question that I endorse Friedman & Simon; if you choose them…you have made the right decision.”
- Andrew: “When you have been injured that it takes time to deal with the insurance companies…the firm will take very good care of you. They did all they could do for me…I was in very good hands…They made a bad time in my life as good as it could have been.”
Browse our testimonials page for additional reviews and learn more about our commitment to advocate for every injured client we represent.
Click to contact our New York Personal Injury Lawyers today
Call Now for Your Free Bus Accident Consultation
If you or someone you love was injured in a bus accident, our law firm will fight hard to recover damages for you. Leave the hard work of building your case to us while you focus on getting well. Find out how hard our New York bus accident lawyer goes to bat for you by contacting our consultation team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to get started today.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form