Sexual assault and abuse are serious crimes in New York state—and the person who hurt you could be brought to justice. They could face criminal charges, and in addition, you could get compensation for your suffering through a personal injury lawsuit.
A New York sexual assault injury lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will stand up for your rights. Our attorneys fight for survivors who deserve a recovery from the hardships of a traumatic experience.
- Our Compassionate Legal Services Help Sexual Assault Victims
- What a Personal Injury Case Can Do for Survivors
- Should I Hire a New York Sexual Assault Injury Lawyer?
- What Previous Clients Say About Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
- Get Help Today from a New York Sexual Assault Injury Lawyer
Our Compassionate Legal Services Help Sexual Assault Victims
We understand that you might have many questions about seeking legal help after an assault. Whether you’re unsure about your grounds to take action or are concerned about the consequences of bringing a case, our compassionate team will listen to your story, answer your questions, and explain your options.
Sexual assault could include many types of sexual harm. We could be able to assist you if you are a survivor of rape, unwanted sexual touching, or other forms of sexual harassment. We could also handle your case if you’re bringing a lawsuit on behalf of a minor assault victim. Even if you’re not sure that your or your loved one’s experience constitutes sexual assault, you could have legal options.
You can call our team for a free and completely confidential case review. We help sexual assault survivors learn more about what to do next and support them as they begin to recover.
For a free legal consultation with a Sexual Assault lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
What a Personal Injury Case Can Do for Survivors
In New York, sexual assault is a felony. This means that the perpetrator may face serious criminal penalties. However, even though a criminal case could result in punishment for the perpetrator and some form of justice for you, you will not receive any compensation to address the other hardships you may be facing as a result of the assault.
Instead, you have options to seek a financial recovery for your losses through a personal injury case. Through a civil lawsuit, you could recover these types of damages:
- Medical expenses. If you require medical treatment after an assault, you can sue for those costs.
- Psychological treatment costs. Seeking counseling could be important as you attempt to heal from the assault. A settlement or award from an injury case could help you pay for your treatment expenses.
- Loss of income. You may sue for lost wages if a sexual assault prevents you from working for an extended period or causes you to leave your job.
- Compensation for emotional hardship and other life challenges. Under New York law, you can sue for mental anguish, physical pain and suffering, and emotional distress.
Other types of compensation could be available, depending on your case’s details. Our attorneys will explain what you’re eligible to seek.
New York Sexual Assault Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Should I Hire a New York Sexual Assault Injury Lawyer?
Even though the state will handle any criminal prosecution, the most prudent course of action for a sexual assault victim is to retain the services of an experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyer to handle their civil claim. Our attorneys will handle every aspect of your injury case from start to finish. We will:
- Keep you updated throughout the process of your case
- Determine liability
- Communicate with all parties involved
- Collect evidence
- Determine a value for your case
- Fight relentlessly to win the best possible case outcome for you
We will also explain how any important laws or deadlines could affect your case, such as the statute of limitations (New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214). This law gives a three-year deadline to file a lawsuit for an injury case.
Demonstrating Liability in a Sexual Assault Case
Our attorneys will gather evidence for your case to demonstrate that the other party was responsible. Responsible parties may include:
- Premises owners who neglected to ensure adequate building security
- Employers or coworkers
- Youth group leaders
- Nursing home facilities
- Doctors or other medical providers
- Other parties
We may work with experts to collect additional testimony for your case. We will build the strongest possible argument to hold the liable party accountable.
Handling Communications With Third Parties
The last thing you should have to worry about right now is dealing with the back and forth of a legal case on your own. Our team will speak with the other parties in the case for you, including other lawyers, so that you don’t have to.
This also means that we will handle any important paperwork, settlement negotiations, or trial processes and procedures.
What Previous Clients Say About Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
Our New York injury attorneys work tirelessly for victims. Our mission as advocates for sexual assault survivors is to help improve and restore the quality of their lives. With a history spanning more than 20 years, our firm will use our decades of experience with injury law in pursuit of your case.
Instead of taking our word for it, hear what our previous clients have to say about us.
- “When no one would give us the time of day Roger Simon took our case and won it. He is compassionate, understanding, and extremely knowledgeable… At the closing argument of our case, I felt without a doubt Roger Simon was prepared and battled hard for us. There were no regrets, no disappointments in Roger Simon, he surpassed our expectations. We thank you and wish you nothing but the best.” – Myrna
- “First off Great communication from the very first phone call..stand up Lawyers…they included and kept me and my daughter updated on everything from paperwork to appointments…they treated us like Family…I feel they were excellent and well worth calling… fought tooth and nail for my daughter I applaud them, I will most definitely be telling family and friends about this Law firm…” –Francine
Our attorneys are ready to serve you and your family, too.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Help Today from a New York Sexual Assault Injury Lawyer
You may find yourself completely overwhelmed and confused if you or a loved one faced assault. Having a legal representative on your side could be a major source of support. A sexual assault lawyer from our team will be able to provide you with advice, legal counsel, and guidance that will help you understand your rights and options.
If you have been sexually assaulted, please contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to determine whether you are entitled to compensation. Our legal team has experience handling sexual assault cases. Call us to discuss your case for free. Our staff can also assist you in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.