If you were injured in a motorcycle accident that somebody else caused, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries and damages, including medical treatment costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Talk to a Westbury motorcycle accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today for help. We provide a free consultation, and we never collect fees unless and until you get compensation for your injuries and damages.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
In This Article
- Types of Westbury Motorcycle Accident Cases We Handle
- Motorcycle Accidents Can Cause a Variety of Losses
- The Benefits of Having a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer on Your Side
- How Our Legal Team Can Help
- Proving Fault and Liability for Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
- Calculating the Value of Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
- The Statute of Limitations For Personal Injury Cases
- Meet With a Westbury Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at No Cost
Types of Westbury Motorcycle Accident Cases We Handle
Some of the causes of car accidents involving motorcycles include:
- Failure to yield
- Failure to obey traffic laws and signs
- Aggressive driving
- Reckless driving
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Illegal turns
- Poorly marked roadways
- Road hazards
- Illegal lane changes
We investigate the circumstances of your accident to identify the party or parties whose negligence caused or contributed to the accident. We will determine the extent of your damages and establish the value of your injury claim. We document your case to support our objectives and fight on your behalf to obtain the compensation you deserve for your damages.
We handle everything on your behalf, freeing you to focus on your treatment and recovery. Our compassionate legal services are tailored to meet your needs. Our personal injury lawyers have more than 25 years of experience working together as a team dedicated to helping our clients and are ready to put our skills to work for you.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident lawyer serving Westbury, call 516-932-0400
Motorcycle Accidents Can Cause a Variety of Losses
A motorcycle accident can change your life temporarily or long term. Some of the ways in which you could be left suffering following your accident include but are not limited to the following:
- Physical Injuries: Physical injuries can range from cuts, scrapes, or bruises, to more severe injuries, such as concussions, broken bones, paralysis, and permanently debilitating conditions. Regardless of how minor or severe your injuries are, they could tremendously impact your life. It is not fair that you are left to suffer, but if another party caused your accident, you have legal options.
- Emotional Trauma: A terrifying, injury-producing, unexpected event like a motorcycle accident will, in almost every case result in some level of emotional trauma. What tends to vary is the severity and duration of the harmful effects. These could include sleeplessness, anxiety, depression, a change in personality, and more. In serious cases, you could even require professional help to manage the emotional effects of your motorcycle accident.
- Financial Suffering: The financial impact of a motorcycle accident cannot be understated. Financial loss can result from unexpected bills for medical treatment and other costs resulting from the accident, repairs for motorcycle damage, lost property, lost income, long-term disability, and more.
- Wrongful Death: The sudden tragedy of a fatal accident is incredibly difficult for family members and loved ones. We advocate for families who have lost loved ones by fighting for appropriate compensation. Our aim is to help your family cope with your loved one’s absence.
Dealing with the suffering and stress during the aftermath of your accident can prove to be challenging, but you do not have to seek compensation alone. You have the right to legal representation.
Westbury Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
The Benefits of Having a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer on Your Side
Since 1991, our firm has helped Westbury motorcycle accident clients get the compensation they deserve.
The benefits of working with a motorcycle accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. include:
Communicating About Your Case
We will be there for you throughout the legal process to answer your questions and provide information. We will advise you of important developments in your case and provide periodic updates as the case progresses.
Protecting Your Legal Rights
In New York, motorcycle riders cannot collect no-fault insurance benefits as is almost always available for those injured in automobile accidents. However, injured riders and passengers can take legal action against a party who is liable for the accident.
You have a limited time to pursue a legal claim for motorcycle accident damages. When you contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. as soon as possible after an accident, we can help you pursue legal action in a timely manner so you don’t lose your right to seek damages.
Tailoring Legal Services to Your Needs
We recognize that each motorcycle accident case is unique, and we believe that every client deserves legal representation customized to their needs. We design our legal strategies in response to the facts and details of your case. This provides the best opportunity for us to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
We invite you to allow us to fight for your future and to help you achieve the best possible results in your case.
Click to contact our Westbury Personal Injury Lawyers today
How Our Legal Team Can Help
Some of the ways in which a lawyer from our firm will help with your motorcycle accident case include but are not limited to:
- Handle all legal paperwork
- Determine the amount of possible compensation enabling you to plan ahead
- Offer support, answer your questions, and explain every step of filing a claim
- Keep your case on track by addressing filing deadlines and other time-sensitive matters
- Communicating with insurance companies and defense lawyers
- Much more
If you have questions about the legal process, a Westbury motorcycle accident lawyer will give you the information you need to make a decision.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Proving Fault and Liability for Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
To obtain a financial settlement for your damages, we must establish fault for your motorcycle accident and prove liability.
To accomplish this, we must demonstrate the following:
- Duty of care – We must establish that the defendant owed you a duty of care.
- Breach of duty – We must prove the defendant was negligent. For example, by driving drunk, speeding, failing to yield, etc.
- Causation – We must demonstrate that the defendant’s negligence caused your accident and any resulting damages.
- Damages – We must show that you suffered financial, emotional, and/or physical damages because of the accident.
We will build the strongest possible case for you and support it with evidence obtained in our investigation. This may include:
- Photographs and videos of the accident scene
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Medical records
- Wage statements
- Subject matter expert opinions and testimony
We may use expert opinions from medical professionals to support your prognosis for recovery, vocational rehabilitation specialists to provide information about your diminished capacity to perform your job duties, or accident reconstruction experts to assess fault and liability.
Calculating the Value of Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
To establish the value of your motorcycle accident and injury case, we will identify the types of damages you suffered and substantiate them with evidence. Your damages may include:
- Medical treatment
- Medical imaging and tests
- Prescription medication
- Physical therapy
- Assistive devices
- In-home or residential care
- Lost income and benefits
- Other out-of-pocket costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished enjoyment of life
- Diminished earning capacity
If you require future treatment or if your injuries will prevent you from returning to work, we will include the projected cost of your future treatment and the estimated amount of lost income, benefits, and opportunities.
If you suffered any permanent injuries, disability, or disfigurement, we will also include those damages in your case.
If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can help you take legal action for wrongful death. Contact us today for assistance.
The Statute of Limitations For Personal Injury Cases
Westbury motorcycle accident cases fall under the statute of limitations rules of New York State as set forth in New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 These rules limit the amount of time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. Depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, a shorter statute of limitations may apply. In addition to the statute of limitations, other deadlines apply to claims and lawsuits as well. If either you or someone you care about was injured in a Westbury motorcycle accident, it is likely that the clock is already ticking for your window to take action. If you are considering legal action, please act quickly.
A motorcycle accident lawyer in the Westbury area lawyer will help you understand exactly how much time you have left to file your claim. Keep in mind that our legal team needs time to investigate your accident and gather evidence. Obtaining certain items of evidence can also be time-sensitive. For example, surveillance and dashcam video can be erased after too much time has elapsed. The memory of witnesses can deteriorate over time. For all these reasons, the sooner you start your case, the better.
Meet With a Westbury Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at No Cost
The personal injury lawyers of Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. understand the importance of obtaining financial compensation for your motorcycle accident injuries.
Our knowledgeable and compassionate staff speaks several languages. We can assist you in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
Contact us today for your free case evaluation.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form