If you were injured or if someone you love was seriously or even fatally injured in a construction accident in Westbury, our personal injury team will handle your case for financial compensation. We will prepare a case that proves the accident caused your injuries or the injuries to your loved one, identify the at-fault party, assign a value to your lawsuit, and work to prepare the strongest possible case file.
When you reach out to us about your Westbury construction accident, we can recommend the best way forward. A construction accident lawyer from the personal injury team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will advocate for you and fight for the compensation you could be entitled to due to negligence.
In This Article
- Financial Compensation After a Construction Accident
- We Will Identify the Liable Parties Responsible for Your Construction Accident
- The Advantages of Hiring Our Law Firm
- Let Us Help After a Construction Accident in Westbury
Financial Compensation After a Construction Accident
Our case assessment team will help you understand the two types of damages you are entitled to and their amounts.
Recoverable Economic Damages
When our team handles your compensation case, we make sure no valid expenses that you are entitled to recover are overlooked or omitted. We aim to prove the financial value of each of the following and work relentlessly to win these damages for you.
- Medical bills for current and future care
- Past and future lost wages
- Destruction or damage of property
- Necessary in-home support
- Assistive medical devices
A construction accident will take a physical and financial toll on you and your family. We work hard to ensure we collect the necessary documentation to establish your right to monetary recovery.
Recoverable Non-Economic Damages
In addition to economic damages, you could also seek compensation for non-economic damages. Some of these damages are more challenging to calculate on your own. Our team will assess the following types of damages as your advocates:
- Lasting physical disability
- Lasting disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Funeral and burial expenses, if applicable
The Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., case review team will assign a value to these injury-related expenses. We will also ensure they are included in the overall valuation of your claim or lawsuit. Rest assured, we are always mindful that we represent you. Any proposed settlement must have your authorization to be finalized.
Financial Awards for Past Construction Accident Clients
We are dedicated and determined to win the monetary compensation you are entitled to and the justice you deserve. Amounts that we have won for our clients injured in construction accidents include the following:
- $1,200,000 recovered for a roofer who endured a back injury after a fall from the roof of a construction site
- $1,250,000 recovered for a worker who suffered back and knee injuries in a construction accident fall
- $1,126,000 recovered for a bridge painter who suffered a tendon tear in his ankle after a fall from a ladder
- $1,500,000 recovered for a building superintendent who suffered a back injury on a construction plank
When our team represents you, we aim to handle your lawsuit like the unique compensation case it is. We assess the value of your specific case and fight tirelessly for the damages you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Westbury, call 516-932-0400
We Will Identify the Liable Parties Responsible for Your Construction Accident
Depending on how your construction accident unfolded, there can be one or multiple parties liable for your losses. We will investigate your case and review the facts and evidence to determine each party responsible for your construction accident. This way, we can recover appropriate damages from all liable insurances.
Injured victims in a construction accident can initiate a personal injury claim or lawsuit against various potentially liable parties, including the following:
- General contractors, subcontractors, or construction managers: Contractors and construction managers are obligated to forewarn the employees of any potential hazards associated with the work being performed. They are also obligated to ensure that the work is conducted according to regulations, and the work environment is safe for everyone involved. If you are injured because of a construction worker’s negligent actions, we will pursue that party for reimbursement of all your construction accident injury-related losses and expenses.
- Property owners: Property owners are responsible for keeping their premises safe from hazards for workers and any visitors on the site. A property owner’s liability usually involves the environment of the premise itself rather than the work happening. In some instances, even if the owner of the property was not aware of an unsafe premises condition, they may still be held liable for your injuries.
- Engineers and architects: Professionals such as engineers or architects or any individual involved in the design of a premise must ensure that the plan is not unsafe and follows all building code regulations and standards. If your injury resulted from a defective design or plan then, the engineer and architect can be held liable.
- Manufacturers and suppliers: If your injury resulted from defective machinery, material, or equipment, the manufacturer and/or the supplier of that product can be held accountable for their negligence.
To assign liability to the correct individuals or entities, we will carefully investigate and examine all the different relevant elements of the accident. We will consider factors such as the location where the accident occurred, the condition of the construction site and/or a piece of equipment that caused the injury, and whether the site was being properly managed. These listed items of inquiry are general in nature and are therefore a very limited list. When you retain our services, we will conduct a careful analysis of the specific accident events that led to your injury and we will investigate each and every relevant detail in our work to build the strongest possible case on your behalf.
Westbury Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
The Advantages of Hiring Our Law Firm
Because our goal is to foster your physical and financial recovery, our team will meet you anywhere in the New York metropolitan area. To help you understand the degree of client support we offer, we will also:
- File the necessary paperwork and update you along the way on your claim’s status
- Thoroughly investigate your case to identify each liable party
- Handle all communications with the liable party’s insurance and legal representation
- Gather evidence from avenues such as construction sites, medical reports, and police reports
- Strategically present the evidence
- Identify all your compensable damages and assign a value to them
- If an appropriate out-of-court settlement is not possible and a trial of your case is indicated, we will represent you in court and present your case to a judge and jury
As passionate champions for injury victims, our team assists clients in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada or whatever spoken language our client is most comfortable with. As may be needed, we will also find expert witnesses and consultants to support the case, including medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life-care planners, and economists.
We Will Collect Evidence
Proving your right to compensation in Westbury depends on the evidence that is presented. Our team will not leave you on your own to build the evidence file. To the contrary, a construction accident lawyer from our team will work tirelessly to build your case by compiling evidence, such as:
- Medical records and bills
- Written medical prognosis
- Employment and salary records
- Accident and incident reports
- Witness statements
We will also collect any photos and videos that could help tell the story of your construction accident and subsequent injuries. Then, we present all the evidence to the at-fault party and use it to drive settlement negotiations on your behalf.
We Will Comply with the Statute of Limitations
New York State governs the filing deadline for all personal injury lawsuits in Westbury. A team member will help you determine the filing deadline for your construction accident lawsuit from the following:
- Personal injury lawsuits: New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214
- Wrongful death lawsuits: Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1
If your lawsuit is filed late, the at-fault party will request and receive an immediate dismissal. With sufficient notice, our team will ensure your lawsuit complies with the filing deadline to avoid this negative consequence and keep fighting for the financial recovery that the at-fault party’s negligence entitles you to receive.
The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can begin building the strongest possible claim for you by filing the necessary paperwork and securing time-sensitive evidence.
We Handle Settlement Negotiations
On your own, the settlement negotiation process is complex and time-consuming. The liable insurer will likely attempt to persuade you with an initial offer that will be significantly less than what your case is worth. If you accept the offer, you waive the right to seek further damages from the liable insurer in the future.
While the final decision is always yours to make, our team will work hard to negotiate a favorable settlement amount and ensure you do not accept a smaller settlement than you deserve. If the at-fault party’s insurance carrier refuses to make an appropriate settlement offer, depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, we will litigate your case before a judge and jury.
We will keep you up to date on the settlement and litigation processes and help you carefully weigh the benefits and drawbacks of each offer you receive as well as other significant case developments.
Let Us Help After a Construction Accident in Westbury
If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a construction accident, you do not have to navigate the complicated process of obtaining compensation alone. Our personal injury lawyer and the legal team are here to prepare your claim and seek financial reparations for the medical expenses, wage loss, trauma, and other losses you have suffered.
When you are ready to assign financial liability to the party whose negligence led to your injuries, contact our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.