Motorcycle accidents can cause serious and costly injuries. If another person or party caused your motorcycle accident, you should not have to cover the costs of medical treatment or bear the effects of income you lost from time missed at work.
A Baldwin personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can fight for your right to receive compensation from whoever caused your injury. Call us today at (516) 932-0400 for a free case review and consultation.
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- What a Baldwin Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Will Do for You
- How We Will Investigate Your Baldwin Motorcycle Accident
- Proving Negligence and Liability for Your Motorcycle Accident
- Establishing What Your Baldwin Motorcycle Accident Case Is Worth
- New York’s Statute of Limitations Factors into Your Legal Action
- Our Team Will Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Many motorcycle accidents result from another driver’s action or inaction. Some common behaviors and conditions that cause motorcycle accidents are:
- Failure to yield right of way
- Driving while fatigued
- Failure to notice the motorcycle
- Defective bike parts
- Excessive speeds
- Illegal lane changes
- Illegal turns
- Poor road conditions
- Debris on the road
- Inadequate lighting
- Novice drivers
- Driving while distracted
- Drunk driving
- Aggressive driving
A motorcycle accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can handle your motorcycle case, no matter how it happened.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident lawyer serving Baldwin, call 516-932-0400
What a Baldwin Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Will Do for You
The process of seeking compensation for the damages you rightly deserve after your motorcycle accident is complicated. You have much at stake, and you are probably not in your best physical or emotional form to take on the challenge of gathering evidence, talking to witnesses, or negotiating with insurance companies. Nor should you have to.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers handle cases on a contingency basis. They will do all the legwork in the fight to recover your damages, and you pay them nothing unless and until they win you a settlement or jury award.
Best of all, you benefit from our tailored services. When you hire our team to represent you, we commit to:
- Keep you up to date on the progress of your case
- Identify all the at-fault parties in your case and establish their liability
- Communicate with any and all parties involved with your case
- Gather evidence to build your case
- Calculate the value of your case based on past and future damages
Baldwin Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
How We Will Investigate Your Baldwin Motorcycle Accident
The first thing our legal team will do is to launch a comprehensive investigation of your accident: how it happened, who caused it, and how you have been impacted by the subsequent injuries you sustained.
Depending upon the unique facts of your case, this investigation will entail:
- Visiting the scene of the accident
- Interviewing witnesses
- Collecting photos and videos
- Obtaining copies of police accident reports
- Gathering your medical records
- Getting income statements from your employer
Furthermore, as needed, our legal team will seek out expert opinions from top professionals in the fields of medicine, economics, vocational therapy, and life-care planning that detail the effect your injuries have had and will have on you in the future. These experts will be able to attach economic value to your losses, which we will include in our demand to insurers.
We will begin investigating your motorcycle accident when you hire us to represent you. The sooner we begin, the fresher the evidence will be. Call us today at (516) 932-0400 to get started.
Proving Negligence and Liability for Your Motorcycle Accident
To collect compensation for injuries caused by another party, a plaintiff must be able to establish that the defendant’s negligence caused your injury, thereby making the defendant liable for your damages.
Our lawyers will use the results of our investigation to establish the following key elements of a sound personal injury case:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care to behave in a way that kept you from harm
- The at-fault party breached this duty of care
- The at-fault party’s failure to fulfill this duty of care caused your motorcycle accident
- You sustained physical and/or emotional injury and other damages as a result of the accident
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Establishing What Your Baldwin Motorcycle Accident Case Is Worth
We will then use other products of our investigation to calculate the value of your case.
Every case is different, but you might see some of the following types of damages in what we present to the insurers/jury in your case:
- Doctors’ and surgeons’ fees
- Ambulance costs
- Prescription medicines
- Physical therapy/rehabilitation
- Wheelchairs, crutches, ramps, and other assistive mobility devices
- Replacement services
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium (i.e., benefits of marriage)
Your Baldwin motorcycle accident lawyer will communicate a demand containing these damage amounts and present it to the defendant’s insurers. We will negotiate aggressively for the maximum settlement, and if the insurer does not agree, we are ready to file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf so we can pursue the matter in a civil court of law.
If your loved one died as the result of injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident, we are deeply sorry for your loss. You may feel that pursuing compensation for this tragedy is not a pressing priority right now, but please know that the economic consequences of this death may present themselves soon, and you are entitled to seek a wrongful death action to bear some of this burden.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today for a free case review: (516) 932-0400.
New York’s Statute of Limitations Factors into Your Legal Action
There is a statute of limitations under New York state laws that restricts how long you have to take legal action. Consider hiring a personal injury attorney now, rather than later, to avoid missing this critical deadline.
Acting soon will also give your lawyer more time to build your case with a wider sample of evidence, witnesses, etc.
Our Team Will Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
Whoever caused your accident is the party who should be burdened with paying for your injuries and related damages. We will fight to make sure that insurers and/or juries come to this same understanding and compensate you fairly for your losses.