Knowing that your child may be facing a lifetime of challenges and difficulties resulting from hospital or doctor errors or negligence is heartbreaking. Depending on the severity of your child’s birth injury, you may be facing a lifetime of financial hardship due to the expenses involved in caring for a child with birth injuries.
A Baldwin birth injury lawyer from the legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 will help you hold the appropriate parties responsible for your child’s condition and seek compensation for your child’s damages.
In This Article
- Types of Compensation to Which You May Be Entitled
- We Help Link Your Child’s Injury to Negligence
- Determining Whether Your Doctor Was Negligent
- How Our Team Will Help You
Types of Compensation to Which You May Be Entitled
Your claim or lawsuit might request compensation for:
- Assistive devices such as a wheelchair or a walker
- Modifications to your house such as installation of special bathroom accommodations
- Current and future medical expenses
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Special training and education
- The money you need to be able to spend time away from work to care for your child
We will help you recover compensation for these types of damages and more.
For a free legal consultation with a Birth Injury lawyer serving Baldwin, call 516-932-0400
We Help Link Your Child’s Injury to Negligence
Our team will help you determine if your baby’s birth injury was a result of a medical provider’s negligent actions. If you believe any of the following occurred during your pregnancy or delivery, give us a call:
- oxygen deprivation (hypoxia or anoxia)
- trauma in utero
- trauma during delivery
- lack of proper prenatal care
- Improper treatment for high-risk pregnancy
- medical malpractice
- medical error by the delivery team or the hospital
- improper use of forceps or vacuum extraction tools
- errors in anesthesia administration
- improper fetal monitoring
- improper use of medication to control contractions
Our team knows how to handle a birth injury case. We will gather evidence relating to your child’s prenatal care, delivery, post-delivery treatment, and treatment for the effects of the birth injury to establish the doctor’s negligence. This evidence might include:
- Test results
- Electronic records of fetal heartbeat monitoring
- Notes from the doctors that were involved in your prenatal care and delivery
- The doctor’s safety history and history of prior lawsuits
- Safety records from the hospital
- Notes from medical professionals involved in your child’s treatment for their birth injury
The Baldwin birth injury lawyers from the legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 will use medical expert witnesses and other resources at their disposal to give you the opportunity to recover compensation in your case. We will fight so that, to the extent possible, you can you provide your child with the necessities they need to live a happy, normal life.
The Baldwin birth injury attorneys at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will identify the parties who caused or contributed to your child’s birth injury by investigating the details of your case. As in all personal injury lawsuits, Baldwin birth injury lawyers must prove that:
- Your OBGYN and/or medical team professional had a duty to provide an acceptable standard of care to you and your child.
- Your OBGYN was negligent and failed to provide the accepted standard of care to you and your child.
- Because they failed at performing their duties with an accepted standard of care, they caused your child’s birth injury.
- You sustained damages.
Birth Injury Cases We Handle
Some birth injuries result from negligence and medical error. Some preventable birth injuries our team has seen include:
- Shoulder dystocia
- Brain damage
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb’s palsy
- Bell’s palsy
- Spinal cord injuries
We will also help if you lost your baby due to a birth injury. We understand nothing will bring your child back but filing a wrongful death action against the negligent medical provider might help you seek justice for your baby and recover the compensation you need. Call us when you are ready at (516) 932-0400.
Baldwin Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Determining Whether Your Doctor Was Negligent
Many pregnancies are high-risk. Doctors have an obligation to do everything in their power to ensure your and your baby’s safety. If you were a high-risk pregnancy and delivered vaginally because the medical professionals failed to order a C-section, or the doctor made another mistake, you deserve to recover compensation for your damages.
Regardless of whatever complications arise before and during your delivery, your medical team has a responsibility to respond with the appropriate treatment to make childbirth as easy and safe as possible for mother and child. They must perform the appropriate medical interventions to eliminate, or at least lessen, any problems.
How Our Team Will Help You
Our team of passionate advocates for the injured will handle all aspects of your case, from evidence gathering to filing a lawsuit and representing you in court. When you work with us, we will:
- Update you on every aspect of your case
- Identify all liable parties
- Handle all communication with the defendant and their lawyers or insurer
- Gather the evidence necessary to prove your case and your damages
- Use the evidence we gathered to determine a fair value for your case
If you believe that medical negligence or error caused your child’s birth injury, contact the attorneys at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400. When you call, we will offer you a no-cost and no-obligation consultation and case review and help you recover the compensation you and your child deserves. Let us help you help your child.