When you seek the help of a medical practitioner, you are entrusting him or her with your health, and sometimes your life. If a medical professional acted in a negligent way that caused harm, injury, or the worsening of your existing medical condition, you deserve to be compensated.
We offer you a free, no-obligation consultation and case review when you call us at 516-932-0400.
- Medical Malpractice Comes in Many Forms, and We Accept All Cases
- Many Medical Practitioners Come into Play and Might be Liable
- Sometimes a Treatment or a Medical Facility is at Fault for Your Injuries
- Identifying and Proving Fault and Liability in Your Hempstead Medical Malpractice Case
- Calculating the Monetary Value of Your Hempstead Medical Malpractice Case
- How Our Hempstead Medical Malpractice Lawyers Will Help You with Your Case
- New York Law Limits the Time You Have to Pursue Legal Action for Your Case
- Hempstead Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. are Here to Help
Medical Malpractice Comes in Many Forms, and We Accept All Cases
When it comes to treating a medical condition, the steps taken and procedures performed must conform to the generally accepted standard of care. During the course of treatment, medical negligence can result in physical harm or injury to the patient. We handle a wide variety of cases that arise out of medical mistakes including:
- Errors in medication
- Surgical mistakes
- Diagnostic mistakes
- Failure to diagnose—or to do so promptly
- Lack of informed consent—Not advising the patient of the risks of treatment
- Negligence related to obstetrics
- Childbirth injuries
- Failure to treat the patient
- Failure to prevent secondary infection
If medical malpractice caused you harm you deserve to be compensated, and Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can seek that compensation for you so you can attend to your physical recovery. Call us at 516-932-0400.
For a free legal consultation with a Medical Malpractice lawyer serving Hempstead, call 516-932-0400
Many Medical Practitioners Come into Play and Might be Liable
The medical industry is comprised of a multitude of medical professional types. Any number and combination of these practitioners can touch your medical condition—some in ways you might not even be aware.
That leaves open a wide range of possibilities for carelessness, recklessness, or negligence that can cause a patient injury, harm, or a worsened condition.
We will consider your medical condition and all the people involved in your treatment including the following types of practitioners:
- Medical imaging technicians
- Nurse practitioners
- Medical testing technicians
- Oral surgeons
We will scrutinize every type of practitioner involved in your medical treatment to determine the possibility that he or she was negligent in a way that caused you harm.
Hempstead Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Sometimes a Treatment or a Medical Facility is at Fault for Your Injuries
For many reasons, we often find that a treatment facility is partly or wholly liable for the injuries you sustained while being treated by medical practitioners who work there.
Some of the types of treatment/medical facilities we can consider in your case include the following:
- Test labs
- Surgery facilities
- Nursing homes and long-term care facilities
- Urgent care sites
If a facility is responsible for the damages you have suffered, we will identify it as such, make a claim on your behalf and, as indicated, and pursue legal action.
Identifying and Proving Fault and Liability in Your Hempstead Medical Malpractice Case
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has familiarity with the many layers of the medical industry. We know, based on your injuries and/or condition, where to look for responsible parties.
Once we have identified a party or parties who we deem had a duty of care to you in your medical treatment, we proceed by proving that this duty was breached.
We will review many pieces of evidence in this puzzle including:
- The medical practitioner’s professional history
- History of the medical facility
- Statements from witnesses
- Your medical records
- Expert opinions from the medical community
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Calculating the Monetary Value of Your Hempstead Medical Malpractice Case
Our next step is to establish how the at-fault party’s or parties’ failure to provide reasonable care injured you physically. From there we build the case to establish the logical connection between those injuries and the damage to your physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
We develop a comprehensive list of damages you have suffered paired with the costs associated with each item on the list.
Damages can be economic, physical, and emotional. On your list of damages, you might find the following:
- Costs of being hospitalized
- Medical treatments
- Replacement services
- Doctors’ fees
- Costs of surgery
- Lost income and wages
- Home health care
- Prescription medications
- Pain management medications
- Diminished quality of life
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Ongoing medical care
We also evaluate permanent disabilities and disfigurements.
In the case that medical malpractice led to the death of a loved one, you are eligible to pursue a wrongful death action. The Hempstead Medical Malpractice lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will handle this case for you compassionately and effectively. Call us now: 516-932-0400.
How Our Hempstead Medical Malpractice Lawyers Will Help You with Your Case
To our attorneys, few personal injury cases violate human trust as deeply as medical malpractice cases.
We are passionate about bringing you justice for the injuries you have sustained at the hands of a practitioner or facility in whom you entrusted your health and your life.
We will do all of the following as we represent you in this case:
- Keep you updated and informed about your case
- Identify and establish fault and liability
- Take on all communications and execute every aspect of your case
- Investigate, research, and document your claim
- Determine your recoverable damages
- As indicated, negotiate or litigate to obtain the best possible result for you
New York Law Limits the Time You Have to Pursue Legal Action for Your Case
The state of New York has a statute of limitations that says you have only a limited window of time from the date of your malpractice incident in which to pursue legal action against the liable party. Additionally, the prosecution of a claim for medical malpractice injury involves other case time-deadlines that must be complied with.
Do not let this window and other time-deadlines close on you. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. and let our legal professionals handle all the statute of limitations and deadlines.
Hempstead Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. are Here to Help
Your priority at this difficult time is to recover from your injuries and try to heal physically and emotionally. A Hempstead medical malpractice lawyer will handle all the detailed, technical legal aspects of your claim. We champion your right for compensation from the first moment you call. Call now at 516-932-0400.