At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we know how devastating truck accidents are. Your personal life, your career, and your family might never be the same again. If you need compensation to help rebuild your life, a North Bellmore truck accident lawyer will fight to win it for you. Call our office at (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation. We have team members standing by to take your call right now.
In This Article
- Your Truck Accident Could Qualify You for Compensation
- Calculating How Much Money You Are Entitled to Receive
- A North Bellmore Truck Accident Lawyer Is Ready to Assist You
Your Truck Accident Could Qualify You for Compensation
According to the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYSDFS), there were over 4,000 large truck accidents in New York State in 2019. Truck accidents are, on average, far more dangerous than car accidents; while 71 percent of car accidents involved multiple vehicles, 87 percent of large truck accidents involved more than one vehicle.
After a truck accident caused by someone else, you deserve justice and either a fair settlement or experienced, dedicated legal representation for your day in court, seeking to win what you deserve. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will fight relentlessly to obtain the best result possible for you.
Who to Sue After a Truck Accident
One of the first things we will do is determine who is legally responsible for your crash. The liable party might turn out to be:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The truck broker
- The truck maintenance contractor
- The road maintenance contractor
- A truck part manufacturer
- A combination of the above
In most (if not all) cases, the above entities will carry insurance against lawsuits. This means you must convince the insurance company that their insured party caused your accident, that the accident caused your injuries, and that your injuries are serious enough to warrant the amount of money you are asking for.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving North Bellmore, call 516-932-0400
Calculating How Much Money You Are Entitled to Receive
To qualify for damages, you have to meet the threshold of “serious injury” codified at New York Civil Insurance Laws § 5102(d). If you do meet these criteria, then you have the right to sue for the following types of damages.
Truck accidents often cause physical and emotional injuries that affect all aspects of your life, both in the short term and for the rest of your life. These are referred to as non-economic damages. They include:
- Pain and suffering: The accident caused you physical and/or psychological distress.
- Impaired quality of life: It is much more difficult or even impossible for you to perform your regular daily tasks (e.g., looking after your kids or yourself).
- Disability: The accident resulted in the loss of use of any body part, system, or function.
- Loss of consortium: The accident has affected various aspects of your relationship with your spouse, from intimacy to changes in the sharing of physical chores.
Aside from the physical and emotional toll described above, truck accidents also take a financial toll on their victims. These monetary losses, referred to as economic damages, include:
- Lost wages: The accident and/or your accident injuries prevented you from going to work.
- Lost earning capacity: Earning a living is now much more difficult, as your injuries prevent you from returning to your old job or working as many hours as before.
- Medical bills: This includes the cost of any type of professional medical treatment you received, as well as any qualifying travel expenses.
- Repair costs: The accident damaged or destroyed your car, forcing you to have it fixed or replaced.
The above discussion of damages relates to personal injury cases. If you are filing a wrongful death case, we are truly sorry for your loss, and we are able to help you with your case as well. We are especially sensitive to the challenges faced by surviving family members of truck accident wrongful death victims. We are dedicated to winning the compensation the surviving family needs and the justice the departed loved one deserves. Just call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 for more information.
North Bellmore Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
A North Bellmore Truck Accident Lawyer Is Ready to Assist You
After a truck accident, you have enough to worry about. Instead of trying to handle your case alone, let Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. do all of the hard work. We will take all necessary steps to get you the monetary damages that you and your family need. Among other things, your lawyer will:
- Keep you updated on your case: We will never leave you in the dark about your case.
- Identify liable parties: By investigating every aspect of your crash, we will find out who you should sue for compensation.
- Communicate with all parties for you: You do not ever have to speak to or meet with the liable party, their lawyer, or their insurance company.
- Gather evidence: We will turn to medical records, police reports, surveillance footage, witness testimony, and any other available sources to prove the severity of your injuries.
- Determine a value for your case: Quantifying your damages is complicated. Your lawyer will make sure that you ask for the right amount of (and types of) compensation.
- Fight relentlessly to win: Our goal is nothing less than securing the best possible outcome for you.
We provide our clients with responsive, compassionate, and convenient legal services. If you are unable to visit our office for any reason, we will meet you anywhere on Long Island or in the New York metropolitan area. If you ever have a question or a concern about your lawsuit, we encourage you to pick up the phone and call. Finally, we work for a contingency fee, so you only have to pay us if you receive your money.
You have a limited amount of time to sue for compensation due to both state laws and the availability of witnesses to testify on your behalf. The sooner you call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400, the more time we have to build a case for you. A North Bellmore truck accident lawyer will assume all of your legal responsibilities for no upfront fees.