Motor vehicle operators have a legal duty to exercise caution around pedestrians. If you or a loved one suffered a pedestrian accident injury in North Bellmore, New York because of a negligent driver, you can hold them financially accountable.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our North Bellmore pedestrian accident lawyers can passionately advocate for the compensation you and your family need and deserve. Let our personal injury attorneys handle your insurance claims or lawsuits while you focus on getting better.
- We Have Fought for Injury Clients for More Than 30 Years
- Secure Compensation for Your Medical Care
- Statute of Limitations Restricts Your Time to Take Action
- Who Is Liable for Your Pedestrian Accident?
- Contact Our Award-Winning Personal Injury Firm Today
We Have Fought for Injury Clients for More Than 30 Years
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we have fought for the rights of our personal injury clients in New York and Long Island since 1991. We believe all personal injury victims should have access to professional, reliable legal services.
Therefore, we represent clients on a contingency basis, meaning we do not charge upfront or out of pocket. Our fees come from the compensation we obtain for you. If we do not win your case, you owe us nothing.
Our attorneys work together with our team of legal professionals and bring the benefit of our firm’s more than three decades of experience and success to their work on your case. Our legal team will::
- Provide you with regular and timely updates
- Identify all those liable for your pedestrian accident
- Communicate with involved parties on your behalf, including aggressively negotiating for the most advantageous resolution possible
- Obtain evidence
- Identify and calculate your losses
- Fight tirelessly to win the best possible case outcome for you
For a free legal consultation with a Pedestrian Accident lawyer serving North Bellmore, call 516-932-0400
Secure Compensation for Your Medical Care
If you have medical expenses from a pedestrian accident, we can explore every option available for recovering your damages and securing awards for necessary future treatment. As per The New York State Department of Financial Services, a driver’s personal injury protection (PIP) covers pedestrians injured by their car, regardless of fault for an accident.
We can assist you by making an application for your PIP benefits and we will also seek additional compensation from liable parties for serious, catastrophic, or fatal injuries via a liability claim or lawsuit. Recoverable medical damages may include:
- Emergency transportation and treatment
- Doctors and hospital fees
- Surgeries and medical procedures
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Medications, medical equipment, and mobility aids
- Long-term care services
- Lifecare expenses
Additional Economic and Non-Economic Damages
If you suffered a severe injury, your medical bills are likely only a portion of your out-of-pocket losses. Our North Bellmore pedestrian accident lawyers can seek additional economic compensation, such as:
- Lost wages and income
- Lost future earning capacity
- Personal property damages
- Household services
- Medical travel expenses
- Medically-necessary home and vehicle modifications
If you have a permanent or disabling injury, we can also seek non-economic damages for your physical pain, mental anguish, emotional suffering, and diminished quality of life.
Finally, we can get justice with a wrongful death claim if your family member suffered a fatal pedestrian accident injury. If the loss of a loved one is what has brought you to our website, please know that our firm offers our sincere condolences, and our attorneys consider it a privilege to advocate for survivors on behalf of their loved ones. We are prepared to be relentless in our pursuit of the compensation you need and the justice that your departed loved one deserves.
We Have Won Significant Settlements for Pedestrian Accident Clients
Our firm has won more than $250 million in successful settlements and verdicts for personal injury victims. Our case results include:
- $2.1 million for a client who suffered a traumatic brain injury after a car hit them while crossing the street
- $1 million for an electrician working in a parking garage who suffered injuries after a parking attendant hit the ladder he was standing on with a vehicle
- $975,000 for a client who was hit by a car and suffered a fractured leg
Furthermore, we have a reputation for outstanding service, as evidenced by numerous testimonials from previous clients, such as this one:
“The firm provided me with excellent legal advice. They took the time to answer all my questions, professional staff, were easy to get a hold of, and always called me back within a day if not sooner. Most importantly, walked away with my medical bills all paid for and then some. Very happy and strongly recommended.” – Andrew
North Bellmore Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Statute of Limitations Restricts Your Time to Take Action
If you do not file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit within the time limits allowed by New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 and Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1, you will likely not be able to secure awards. The court will dismiss your case, or the insurance company will use it as a reason to deny your claims, so do not let your window of time expired. You should also note that, depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, other shorter time-to-act deadlines may apply. We will gladly review these with you in a no-obligation case review and free legal consultation.
The sooner you reach out, the sooner we can get to work interviewing witnesses, preserving evidence, and taking other important steps to build your case.
Who Is Liable for Your Pedestrian Accident?
Many pedestrian accidents are the fault of a negligent motor vehicle driver. However, negligent road owners, government entities, and manufacturers also contribute to accidents. Potential pedestrian accident causes include:
- Failing to stop at a marked intersection
- Driving while intoxicated
- Improper turns and lane changes
- Broken traffic signals/obstructed road signs
- Inadequate lighting
- Dangerous/poorly designed intersections
- Broken headlights
- Defective brakes
- Blown tires
We Can Prove Fault
We can investigate your accident, pinpoint liability, and prove another party owes you compensation for your injuries and damages. We can also gather evidence, such as:
- Medical bills and records
- Police reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Surveillance or dashcam videos
- Photographs/information from the accident site
- Expert testimony from doctors, economists, life care planners, and vocational experts regarding your injuries and damages
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Award-Winning Personal Injury Firm Today
The attorneys at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. have received various acknowledgments for their dedication to excellence and outstanding results. These include a 10 Superb AVVO Rating and a winner of the AVVO Clients’ Choice Award. In addition, our team members have earned recognition from the National Trial Lawyers: New York Top 100 and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®.
We proudly serve personal injury clients in North Bellmore and across New York. Put our award-winning firm to work for you today. Contact us to get started with a free case review and learn more about our North Bellmore pedestrian accident lawyers.