Spinal cord injuries usually take an unimaginable economic and emotional toll on the injury victim and cause tremendous upheaval for their families. If your spinal cord injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, you should hold them financially accountable. Our Uniondale personal injury lawyer will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is a personal injury law firm that offers compassionate and professional legal representation to spinal cord injury victims. We will use our experience to build a strong case against the negligent party who is responsible for your injury.
- How Will Our Uniondale Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Work for You?
- What Types of Damages Do Spinal Cord Injury Victims Recover in Uniondale?
- Who Is Liable in a Uniondale Spinal Cord Injury Case?
- How Much Do You Pay for a Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer From Our Firm?
- Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. To Work With a Uniondale Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
How Will Our Uniondale Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Work for You?
Most people understand that spinal cord injuries are expensive to treat. Our firm will advocate for your financial recovery and ensure you do not settle for less than you deserve. We will also go the extra mile for you as a client. Our Uniondale personal injury lawyer will:
- Keep you updated on the status of your case
- Identify liable parties
- Communicate with all parties for you, such as the insurance company or opposing lawyers
- Gather evidence
- Determine a value for your case
We also hire expert witnesses to provide insight into your case. These witnesses include:
- Life care planners to demonstrate the fact that your injury will require long-term care
- Medical experts to testify to both the cause and severity of your injuries
- Vocational rehabilitation specialists to testify about the long-term negative effect your injuries will have on your career
- Economists to testify about the economic impact of your injury
You should take the time you need to attend doctor’s appointments and recover. Allow our firm to handle your case.
Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys With a History of Results
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has recovered over $250,000,000 in damages for our clients. More importantly, we have a proven history of recovering damages and winning cases involving spinal cord and back injuries. Examples of the cases we have won include:
- $4,100,000 for a client who suffered a spinal cord injury during a rollover car accident
- $1,500,000 for a construction superintendent who suffered a back injury
- $1,200,000 for a roofer who injured their back after falling from a roof on a construction property
We will fight for your right to recover damages after a spinal cord injury. You do not have to face the legal process alone while you are healing from a traumatic accident.
For a free legal consultation with a Spinal Cord Injury lawyer serving Uniondale, call 516-932-0400
What Types of Damages Do Spinal Cord Injury Victims Recover in Uniondale?
Spinal injury victims are entitled to seek compensation from the party that caused their injury. We will seek economic and non-economic damages on your behalf. Examples of economic damages our spinal cord injury attorney will demand include:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Cost of ongoing medical procedures or follow-up surgeries
- Cost of physical therapy and in-home care
- Cost of refitting your home to accommodate your injuries
- Cost of placing you in an assisted living facility, if necessary
- Reimbursement for diminished earnings due to your injury
We will also demand compensation for non-economic damages such as diminished quality of life, pain and suffering, or mental anguish caused by your injury. These non-economic damages don’t have a set dollar amount the way medical bills do, but they are still compensable. We will look at the details of your case to ensure all your losses are considered when we seek compensation.
If your loved one passed away because of their spinal cord injury, please accept our condolences. Your attorney will work with your family to seek wrongful death damages.
Uniondale Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Who Is Liable in a Uniondale Spinal Cord Injury Case?
Before we demand compensation, we will need to prove that another party was the reason you were involved in an accident and suffered injuries. If there is more than one liable party, we will take legal action against them. Depending on the specifics of your spinal cord injury, the liable party could be:
- A reckless driver
- A doctor who committed medical malpractice
- A construction property owner
- A nursing home employee or owner
Our spinal cord injury attorneys are experienced in working through complex cases. We will investigate all the circumstances that led to your injury. More importantly, we will build a case for you against all parties whose negligence contributed to your injury.
Our Uniondale Spinal Cord Injury Attorney Will Establish Negligence
Our team will demonstrate liability by establishing negligence. We must satisfy the following four elements to prove the at-fault party was negligent:
- Duty of care: The at-fault party had a duty to keep you safe.
- Breach of duty: The at-fault party did not uphold their duty of care because they acted with negligence.
- Causation: The at-fault party’s negligence was the cause of your accident and the injuries you sustained as a result.
- Damages: You suffered damages because of the at-fault party’s negligence.
Your Uniondale spinal cord injury lawyer will collect evidence that shows the at-fault party is to blame for your injuries. Once we have established their liability, we will fight for the compensation you need.
How Much Do You Pay for a Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer From Our Firm?
Our spinal cord injury lawyers recognize that as an injury victim, you’re in an incredibly difficult situation. We’re here for you. If you have medical bills stacking up and you can’t work, that shouldn’t stop you from getting the legal representation you deserve.
That’s why we take spinal cord injury cases on a contingency-fee basis. We will fight your case from start to finish, but you won’t have to pay us until we win your case. After your case is won or settled, we take a percentage of your compensation to cover all the costs of your case. You won’t need to offer our team any money out-of-pocket.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. To Work With a Uniondale Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
After you suffer a spinal cord injury, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is here to provide legal guidance. We will explain your options for holding the liable party accountable. You do not have to seek financial recovery alone.
Don’t wait to reach out to us about your case. We offer free consultations, so one of our team members will answer all your questions about working with our Uniondale spinal cord injury lawyer. Call us today to get started.