If your family member was abused in their Long Beach nursing home, your family has options for financial compensation.
Our Long Beach nursing home abuse lawyers will get to work for you and build the strongest possible case for damages, seeking the financial recovery your family deserves. Our services begin with a confidential, free, and no-obligation case review.
What Our Lawyers Can Do For You
Our team is familiar with New York nursing home abuse laws and will work hard to help you and your family:
- Identify the type of abuse your loved one suffered
- Identify the person or persons responsible for the abuse
- Compile and organize evidence of neglect or abuse
- Deal with the nursing home’s management and insurer
- Handle all insurance company paperwork and forms
- Negotiate a favorable financial settlement on your behalf
Victims of nursing home abuse often feel lonely and isolated—they might even struggle to tell you about the abuse. Your family does not have to fight back against nursing home mistreatment or seek compensation alone.
The team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can help you file a claim or lawsuit to hold the at-fault party accountable.
Your Case May Include Multiple Types of Nursing Home Abuse
In a nursing home setting, residents might be subjected to more than one form of abuse. National Institute on Aging (NIA) data cites the following types of abuse in nursing homes:
- Physical abuse, including striking, pushing, or forced restraint
- Emotional abuse, including bullying, threatening, or demeaning
- Neglect including withholding food, medication, or hygienic care
- Abandonment, including refusal to provide care or access to care
- Sexual abuse, including unwanted innuendo, touch, or penetration
- Financial abuse, including forced, virtual, or electronic theft or forgery
If someone you love endured abuse in their nursing home, we urge you to please seek help right away! Our team is ready to fight for your family. We will document any emergency and ongoing care they require and include their related costs in your nursing home abuse claim or lawsuit.
Compensation In a Nursing Home Abuse Case
Resolving your loved one’s nursing home abuse might mean seeking immediate care and relocating them to a safer facility. These actions will incur financial costs and might also take an emotional toll on your family.
Our team will help you recover the following types of financial damages:
- Emergency medical care
- Ongoing medical care
- Required prescription medications
- Physical and emotional therapy
- Ongoing pain and suffering
Do not let the financial strain of nursing home abuse add to the emotional turmoil your family is experiencing. Our team is committed to helping families like yours get the compensation they deserve for the abuse of their family members.
Nursing Home Residents Have Rights
When you trust the daily and ongoing care of your loved one to a Long Beach nursing home, you expect them to be treated with dignity and respect.
According to New York Department of Health guidelines, your loved one is entitled to:
- Dignified, individual care
- A secure living environment
- Privacy during personal treatment
- Freedom of choice in daily activities
- The right to make their own decisions
- Professional care without discrimination
- Possession of their money and personal property
In addition to these rights, your loved one has the right to exercise or demand their rights without fear of retaliation. If these rights were violated in any way, our team will help your family seek financial compensation from the responsible party.
How We Fight Back Against a Violation of Your Loved One’s Rights
Our goal is to hold the facility accountable for your losses. If your loved one suffered any form of abuse in their nursing home, our team will help you show the extent of the abuse and identify the responsible party. When we start building your lawsuit, we will work to prove the at-fault party’s neglect by:
- Interviewing (in a manner consistent with ethical rules of conduct) nursing home staff and residents
- Examining your loved one’s medical records
- Speaking with your loved one about the abuse
Do not Run Out of Time to File
New York Civil Practice Law and Rules (CVP) §214 limits your time frame to seek financial compensation by filing a nursing home abuse lawsuit. Complying with the state’s filing deadline is critical because if the statute of limitations expires:
- You will not be able to file a compensation lawsuit at all.
- Your lawsuit will be dismissed without ever being heard.
- You will not be able to compel compensation from the at-fault parties.
The sooner our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. gets involved, the more time we have to conduct a thorough investigation and ensure compliance with the statute of limitations.
Get Help From Our Long Beach Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Our multilingual staff assists clients in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. We are passionate advocates for abuse victims and will meet your family anywhere on Long Island or in New York’s metropolitan area to discuss your case.
Get a free case review by calling Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 today.