If your loved one suffered any form of abuse in an Islip nursing home, our personal injury team wants to represent you. One of the attorneys from our firm will seek compensation for the abuse and any related damages so that you can bring the liable parties to justice.
Our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., provides free, confidential consultations to prospective clients and will represent you at no out-of-pocket or upfront expense.
- What Our Firm will do for You
- Liability in an Islip Nursing Home Abuse Case
- Understanding the Types of Nursing Home Abuse Cases
- Identifying Abuse in Your Loved One’s Islip Nursing Home
- Let Us Take Care of Your Islip Nursing Home Abuse Case
What Our Firm will do for You
The law allows you to hold those responsible financially accountable when harm comes to your loved one in a nursing home, and we want to help. Our team will:
- Keep you updated on any developments in your case
- Identify the liable parties to name in your claim or lawsuit
- Communicate with all parties for you
- Gather evidence to prove your right to financial recovery
- Calculate the value of your damages
We can also secure the service of expert witnesses if your case calls for it. These include medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life-care planners, and economists.
Our Team Gives a 100% Effort to Go Above and Beyond for Our Clients
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we want to do more than build a robust personal injury case for you. We want to give you the most stress-free legal experience possible. To fulfill this goal, we’ve built our practice based on the following:
- Language accessibility: Our clients come from all backgrounds, so we’ve built a multilingual team to accommodate language preferences. In addition to English, we offer assistance in Greek, Spanish, Kannada, Bengali, and Tamil, and we will make arrangements to assist you in whatever other language you may be most comfortable communicating in.
- Meeting flexibility: We know you have a lot on your plate already. If you can’t make it to our office, our team is happy to meet you in Islip or anywhere else on Long Island to discuss your case. We can also arrange to meet you in the New York metro area.
- Client-friendly fee arrangement: We charge nothing for our services unless we secure compensation for your family. If so, our firm only takes a percentage of the settlement or award, which we will discuss during your complimentary consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a Nursing Home Abuse lawyer serving Islip, call 516-932-0400
Liability in an Islip Nursing Home Abuse Case
Many nursing homes are understaffed or do not have the funds needed to care for all of their residents properly. Some nursing homes may even resort to hiring workers who are unfit to care for residents—especially those who require medical treatment and other support.
These factors are no excuse for the abuse that often occurs in nursing homes, and when applicable our firm will use them to build a personal injury case. When there is evidence of such abuse, the facility and other parties involved can be held liable for the victim’s damages. The at-fault parties in nursing home abuse cases can include:
- Nursing home workers
- Administrators of the nursing home
- Other residents
- Visitors to the facility
Our team will work to identify all possible liable parties in your case.
Islip Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Understanding the Types of Nursing Home Abuse Cases
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), roughly 100 nursing home homicide cases occur every month, and thousands of abuse cases are reported from nursing homes every year. There are many forms of abuse, which may impact the victim’s physical, mental, and financial well-being. Examples include:
- Physical abuse: This refers to any physical mistreatment of a resident, such as hitting, shoving, and using unnecessary restraints.
- Sexual abuse: Forcing a resident to perform or participate in unwanted sexual acts is abuse. Elderly patients who cannot consent to such participation or protect themselves from it are at the highest risk of being sexually abused.
- Mental/psychological abuse: Constant threats, stalking, name-calling, intimidation, isolation, and terrorizing residents are examples of mental and psychological abuse.
- Financial abuse: This can take many forms, such as changing a resident’s will, intercepting and using his or her Social Security benefits, or charging for services that should be free.
- Neglect: Neglect can be a form of mental or physical abuse, such as failing to provide the medical care, food, and support that a resident needs. Although it may not be intentional, it can lead to serious harm to a resident.
In all its forms, nursing home abuse can lead to serious physical injuries, long-term emotional trauma, and even death. In the event that your loved one has passed away in a nursing home due to abuse, we extend to you our heartfelt condolences. Our team is here for you. We will take care of every aspect of the case as we seek justice for your family.
Identifying Abuse in Your Loved One’s Islip Nursing Home
To recover damages for harm suffered from nursing home abuse, you must have evidence of the abuse and who is responsible. Some of the telltale signs that may indicate that your loved one is suffering from abuse at their nursing home include:
- Cuts, burns, bruises, fractures, or emotional detachment that can indicate physical abuse
- Bleeding from or around the genitals, emotional detachment, and bloody undergarments that can indicate sexual abuse
- Bedsores that can indicate neglect or isolation
- Missing personal items, unexplained charges to bank accounts, and late payment notices that can indicate financial abuse
We can help gather the evidence required to prove the different types of abuse outlined above. Our lawyers are ready to go to work on your Islip nursing home abuse case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Us Take Care of Your Islip Nursing Home Abuse Case
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., is here to help. Contact our Islip nursing home abuse lawyer today for a free consultation. Call now.