If your child was injured due to someone else’s actions, our personal injury law firm will fight for compensation on your family’s behalf. An injury to your child will likely impact your entire family, and, just like an injured adult, they are entitled to seek monetary recovery for the damages that stem from their injuries.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our child injuries lawyer serving in Hicksville, New York, will take care of your child’s case so you can focus on doing everything possible to support your child healing from their injuries. ing. The liable party had an obligation to protect your child’s safety and wellbeing – we will collect evidence to prove they are financially responsible and assign value to your child’s case. We can get started as we conduct our complimentary review of your case.
In This Article
- Common Ways Children Are Injured
- Our Team does the Hard Work For You and Your Family
- Call Our Case Review Team Today
Common Ways Children Are Injured
Depending on the circumstances, many adults may be responsible for protecting your child from harm. When they do not, and your child sustains an injury, we will build a case to prove the at-fault other party’s legal liability. This involves showing:
- The duty of care they owed, such as driving slowly and watching out for children at play in a residential area
- Their violation of that duty, such as speeding through your neighborhood in Hicksville
- The connection between their actions and your child’s injuries, e.g., causing a pedestrian accident with your child due to their speeding
- Your child’s injuries and other damages, such as medical expenses and pain and suffering
We represent the parents of children injured in:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog bites or attacks
- Birth injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) research points to the types of accidents that most commonly result in childhood fatalities. If your child was seriously or fatally injured in an accident, you have our deepest and most heartfelt condolences. We are honored to fight for the justice your departed loved one deserves and the full financial recovery for your family is entitled to. .
Damages You Could Recover For Your Child’s Injury
When we assign a value to your child’s injuries, we start by talking to you and your child to understand the extent of their suffering. We will ask questions about their life, education, and activities prior to their injury so we understand how the accident has affected them. Then, we request compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses
- Emotional trauma
- Mental distress
- Reduced earning capacity
- Lasting physical disability
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
A child who suffers an injury that changes their physical appearance and ability might require long-term and costly care—possibly for their lifetime. Your family should not be left with the costs of treating your child’s injuries and other damages you incur.
Instead, we fight to have the liable party bear that responsibility by carefully calculating your damages and negotiating for a favorable settlement. Alternatively, we will take them to court if the case calls for it.
Start Fighting For Your Child Immediately
When you choose our law firm, a lawyer from our team will prepare your accident case and fight for your family’s financial recovery. We will also make sure to file your lawsuit within New York’s time restrictions. In most cases, one of the following statutes would apply:
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214: personal injury statute of limitations
- Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1: wrongful death statute of limitations
However, note that because a child was injured, the statute of limitations might change. When we review your case, our team will clarify the filing deadline to protect your right to sue.
You concentrate on your child and their recovery—our team will build a compelling case and prepare it for the negotiation process or, indicated, for trial before a judge and jury in court.
For a free legal consultation with a Child Injuries lawyer serving Hicksville, call 516-932-0400
Our Team does the Hard Work For You and Your Family
Depending on the accident that caused your child’s injuries, it might be difficult for you to identify the liable party on your own. We take care of this for you using accident and incident reports, eyewitness accounts, and other evidence. Our services include:
- Providing timely case updates
- Identifying the liable party and handling their insurer
- Handling all case-related communication and updates
- Collecting and organizing supporting evidence
- Assigning an appropriate value to your case
- Negotiating on your behalf
- Representing you and your child in court, if needed
When our child injuries lawyer represents your family in Hicksville, New York, we handle all the details of your case, from interviewing witnesses to holding the liable party accountable for their negligence or carelessness. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our goal is to give the parents and families of injured children peace of mind.
Client-Friendly Benefits of Working with Our Firm
We believe every client we represent deserves the best legal experience. To promote this, we:
- Have a multilingual staff that assists families in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada
- Follow a contingency fee structure, so our firm charges nothing until we deliver compensation in a client’s case
- Eliminate unanswered questions and endless wondering about the case by providing regular updates
- Will meet clients anywhere on Long Island or elsewhere in the New York metropolitan area
When you hire us, your child’s injury case becomes a priority for our team, and we work hard to prove the liable party’s negligence.
See What Previous Injured Clients Say
When you trust us to handle your child’s case, we make sure you get a 360-degree client support experience. One previous client had this to say in her Google review of our team:
- “I would like to thank Doreen for always being upfront, Amy for her due diligence and intelligence when it came to problem solving, and of course Michael Mills who always made sure he replied and made my situation matter and got me the best settlement. You couldn’t have a better team of hard working, compassionate and relatable legal on your side.” – Barbara.
You can read more client reviews on our website and see examples of our previous verdicts and settlements on our case results page.
Hicksville Child Injuries Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Call Our Case Review Team Today
If your child was injured in an accident in Hicksville, New York, our child injuries lawyer will fight for compensation to get them the care and support they need. Find out how by calling our Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., case review team at (516) 932-0400 today.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form