The Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., team of legal professionals will fight for compensation for you following an Uber or Lyft accident in Islip, elsewhere in Suffolk County, New York, or in other areas of Long Island. You have a right to file an insurance claim or sue the liable party when a negligent rideshare driver causes you harm. Doing so could allow you to recover your medical bills and other damages.
Our firm provides free accident consultations for victims on Long Island. We want to discuss your legal options for justice and what an Islip Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyer from our team will bring to your case. The sooner you call us, the more time we will have to dedicate to your claim or lawsuit, and to building the strongest, most compelling case on your behalf before time runs out.
In This Article
- Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Advocates for Car Accident Victims in Islip
- Is the Rideshare Company Liable for My Islip, NY, Crash?
- Reasons for Hiring Legal Help As Soon As Your Collision Injuries Allow
- Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to Talk About Your Case with Us Today
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Advocates for Car Accident Victims in Islip
Our personal injury lawyers know how rideshare insurance claims and lawsuits work. Typically, we would file a claim under the rideshare driver’s liability policy. Depending on the facts of the case, you could also qualify for financial recovery from Uber or Lyft’s liability coverage. We help many different types of victims after these crashes, including those who were:
- In the rideshare vehicle when the accident occurred
- Driving their own car when hit by an Uber or Lyft driver
- Pedestrians or bicyclists hit by a rideshare driver
Our attorneys work based on a contingency fee, so you do not need to pay a retainer to hire us for your case. Our firm also employs a multilingual staff if you prefer to talk about your legal options in Kannada, Tamil, Spanish, Greek, or Bengali.
We Recover Many Types of Damages for Clients in Uber and Lyft Accident Cases
Whether we handle their insurance claims or sue the at-fault driver, our team often recovers several types of damages for clients hurt in rideshare accidents, such as:
- Medical care costs for their injuries
- Lost wages while they recover from the rideshare collision
- Intangible damages, such as diminished quality of life if they can no longer participate in their hobbies
- Property damages, such as car repairs
Before we file a claim on your behalf, our team must gather evidence of your expenses and losses and value the case. Doing so allows us to go after an appropriate payout based on the damages you experienced, the facts of the case, and the applicable insurance policies.
If Your Loved One Died in a Rideshare Collision
In addition to personal injury cases, our firm handles wrongful death claims and lawsuits based on ridesharing accidents. If you lost a family member in an Islip ridesharing accident, we extend heartfelt condolences from our entire team. We understand how difficult this time is for you and consider it a privilege to fight for justice for your loved one and their surviving family members.
How We Handle Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Cases
As we develop an argument to support your claim or lawsuit, our team will:
- Contact you with updates on the case’s progress and help you make informed legal decisions
- Identify liable parties and the applicable insurance policies
- Communicate with all parties for you, including the rideshare company
- Gather evidence to support your claim for damages
- Determine a value for your case and seek an appropriate payout
We often work with accident reconstructionists and will call in other experts to help us build support for these cases. Expert witnesses in our network include:
- Healthcare professionals
- Vocational rehabilitation specialists
- Life-care planners
To learn more about our approach to rideshare accident claims and your legal options based on the details of your collision case, you are welcome to reach out to us today. We meet with accident victims in their homes or at the hospital, including locations on Long Island and elsewhere in the New York metropolitan area.
For a free legal consultation with a Uber and Lyft Ridesharing Accident lawyer serving Islip, call 516-932-0400
Is the Rideshare Company Liable for My Islip, NY, Crash?
- A policy that is secondary to the driver’s private coverage while they wait to match with a rider
- A primary policy of at least $1.25 million (in New York State) when the driver matches with a rider or has a rider in the vehicle
Although Uber & Lyft’s policy pages state $1 million of coverage, it is raised to $1.25 million in New York State, outside of New York City. As stated on the Lyft site, “Policies may be modified to comply with state or city insurance requirements.”
As stated on the Uber site, “Note: Additional coverage will be provided where required by state and local laws. At least this much auto insurance is maintained in all US states for drivers while operating personal vehicles under the transportation network company model on the Driver app.”
Auto liability insurance covers the cost of various damages for riders and other drivers hit by rideshare vehicles. Depending on the details of your collision, your insurance claim could be based on:
- Your own personal injury protection (PIP) policy
- The driver’s private insurance coverage
- The rideshare company’s contingency policy
- The company’s primary liability policy
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our attorneys know how to determine which insurance policy was in effect and the coverage available. We will handle your claim and ensure there is supporting evidence to back up your right to financial recovery under the chosen policy. If the insurer denies your claim, we are prepared to go to trial.
Islip Uber and Lyft Ridesharing Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Reasons for Hiring Legal Help As Soon As Your Collision Injuries Allow
There are deadlines and “best practices” for your case that affect your claim or dictate whether you have the right to sue the liable parties. For example, the state’s statutes of limitations could prevent you from suing the rideshare company or driver if you miss these deadlines, including:
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 for injuries
- Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1 for wrongful death
In addition, evidence to prove your case disappears as time passes. Acting as soon as possible to contact us allows us to begin identifying and gathering evidence sooner, as well. This could mean collecting witness statements, video of the crash, and other evidence that will not be available later. As such, the sooner you reach out to our team and ask for our help with the case, the stronger the argument we have an opportunity to build.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to Talk About Your Case with Us Today
The Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. team will assess your legal options and explain your rights based on the details of your rideshare accident case today for free. You will learn the next steps to take and how we help in a claim against Uber, Lyft, or one of their drivers.
Our firm represents car accident victims in Islip based on contingency fees, so you don’t have to worry about paying our services up front. Call (516) 932-0400 now to speak with a team member about how one of our attorneys will manage your case while you heal.