Ridesharing apps like Uber and Lyft make travel fast, easy, and affordable. They also add to the flow of traffic. According to the study The Cost of Convenience: Ridesharing and Traffic Fatalities, since the introduction of ridesharing services:
- The number of vehicle miles traveled has increased.
- Fatal accidents have increased up to three percent.
If you or someone you love was injured as a passenger in a rideshare vehicle, a passenger in another involved vehicle, or as a pedestrian or bicyclist, the at-fault party could be responsible for your financial consequences. A North Bellmore Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can help you pursue compensation for your damages.
We are Passionate Advocates for Injured Clients
When you trust your ridesharing accident claim to us, we work hard to prove the at-fault party’s negligence and to document your right to financial recovery. To support your claim, our team will:
- Update you as your case progresses
- Identify all potentially liable parties
- Manage all communication channels
- Gather and organize supporting evidence
- Determine the financial value of your case
- Fight relentlessly to win the best possible outcome for you
We also make sure to thoroughly review the rideshare company’s insurance policy as we work to recover the maximum value for your injuries and their related costs.
Uber Insurance Coverage
Our team will help you understand the coverage and limitations of the Uber insurance policy, which include:
- Driver off app – driver’s personal insurance coverage
- Driver awaiting ride request – $50,000 bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 property damage coverage per accident
- Driver en route to or actively transporting passenger – $1,250,000.00 third-party liability coverage and uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage.
Lyft Insurance Coverage
After proving the at-fault driver’s liability, our team will help you tap into the financial protection of the Lyft insurance policy. It includes the following coverage types and amounts:
- Lyft drivers who are off the app must rely on their own insurance coverage, while a driver who is logged into the app and waiting for a passenger might have coverage amounts of $50,000 for each injured person with a cap of $100,000 per accident.
- Lyft drivers who are on the way to a pick-up or in transit with a passenger might have coverage that includes $1,250,000 in third-party liability coverage and uninsured or underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage
You could be entitled to the insurance coverage Lyft offers to help defray your medical costs and recoup the financial damages that stem from your injuries.
Define the Compensation Value of Your Lawsuit
A car accident can leave you with substantial physical and financial injuries. According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) statistics, car accidents in 2017 led to more than $75 billion in overall damages. Your post-accident recoverable damages may include:
- Medical care for your injuries until you recover
- Income loss until you recover
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Mental and emotional angst
- Property repair or total replacement
A North Bellmore Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyer on our team will help you objectively value your expenses and finances and ensure that your claim, or lawsuit if necessary, is not undervalued.
File Your Ridesharing Accident Lawsuit on Time
In New York, the time you have to file a lawsuit after a car accident is determined by the outcome of the accident and, to some degree, by the age of involved parties. If you or someone you love was injured in the accident, New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214 defines, in most cases*, the amount of time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. (*In some cases, for example where the at-fault party was operating a government vehicle while in the course of employment, different time limits will probably apply.)
New York Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1 defines the time limits of filing a wrongful death lawsuit. If you have lost a loved one in an Uber or Lyft ridesharing accident we extend to you our heartfelt condolences. We consider it a special privilege to represent the surviving family members of the victims of such wrongful death accidents. We are dedicated to winning the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
In addition to the deadlines imposed by these statutes of limitation, there are practical considerations that support acting promptly after an accident to protect your rights. Contacting our team sooner rather than later ensures we have time to canvas the accident scene for:
- Witnesses while their memories are fresh
- Smartphone photos and videos
- Residential and commercial surveillance video
With these statutes of limitations and timely gathering of evidence in mind, the sooner you contact us, the greater our ability to build a solid case file that supports your claim for compensation.
We Compile and Organize Your Evidence
Our team works hard to build a case file that bolsters and supports your right to financial compensation. One of the first things our team will obtain is a copy of your Police Accident Report. To complete your case file, we will also request, as may be indicated:
- Medical records, including discharge and prognosis
- Employment, salary history, and business tax records
- Vehicle maintenance, repair, and replacement documents
- Injury, property, and accident scene photos and videos
We will also review and analyze witness statements or contact witnesses for personal interviews. Our goal is to organize your evidence, present it to the at-fault party, and use its strength to drive settlement negotiations or to win an excellent outcome for you at trial.
Get Help From Our North Bellmore Uber and Lyft ridesharing Accident Lawyers Today
Were you or a loved one injured, or did your family lose a loved one in a ridesharing accident in North Bellmore? If so, our team takes handling your claim seriously and will meet you on Long Island or elsewhere in the New York metropolitan area.
With a multilingual staff, we also assist clients in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. Do not wait to contact the client care team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Call (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation now.