If you suffered injuries in a rideshare accident in Massapequa, NY, our team from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will assess your case for free. We represent injured rideshare riders, as well as others hurt because of negligent Uber and Lyft drivers.
We handle claims for victims of careless rideshare drivers and advocate for their best interests, including recovering appropriate compensation based on the facts of their case. You can connect with us today and hire a Massapequa Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyer from our firm for no upfront fee.
In This Article
- We Will Help Clients Navigate Uber and Lyft Insurance Policies
- Recoverable Damages in Lyft and Uber Accident Cases
- How Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Help Build a Rideshare Accident Case
- The Time to Collect Evidence and File a Lawsuit Is Limited
- Speak with Our Team Member About Your Legal Rights Today
We Will Help Clients Navigate Uber and Lyft Insurance Policies
- Once a driver is signed into the app, at least $75,000 for bodily injury to or death of one person in any one accident; at least $150,000 for bodily injury to or death of two or more persons in any one accident; and at least $25,000 for injury to or destruction of property of others in any one accident (“75/150/25” coverage).
- After they match with a rider and when there is a rider in the vehicle atvehicleat least $1,250,000 for bodily injury to or death of any person and injury to or destruction of property; supplemental uninsured/underinsured (“SUM”) insurance of $1,250,000
Our team files claims based on these policies, rideshare drivers’ own liability coverage(s), our client’s own peronal injury protection (PIP) depending upon the circumstances of each case. We will take the time to determine which policies apply in your case and submit a claim on your behalf. Alternatively, sometimes we need to sue the driver or other liable parties to recover appropriate compensation.
Identifying the Applicable Insurance Policy for Your Claim
Identifying the applicable insurance policy or policies in rideshare accident cases can require analyzing complex sets of circumstances, (for example, where and when a rideshare app was initiated,) and insurance policy coverage issues. Our legal professionals understand how to navigate complicated insurance questions and how to apply New York law to matters like these. You could qualify for coverage under:
- Your PIP policy
- The driver’s liability policy
- A policy provided by the rideshare company
- More than one of these policies
We represent victims in the following scenarios:
- A rideshare driver caused a crash that involved our client’s car.
- Our client was a passenger in the rideshare vehicle during the collision.
- Our client was either riding a bike or walking when the rideshare driver hit them.
Even if your Uber or Lyft accident does not fit one of the scenarios above, our team will review your case and discuss your ability to seek compensation at no cost to you.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft ridesharing accidents lawyer serving Massapequa, call 516-932-0400
Recoverable Damages in Lyft and Uber Accident Cases
We claim the following types of damages for our clients when appropriate and permissible based on New York law:
- Medical care costs for car accident injuries
- Future treatment for long-term injuries
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering and other intangible losses
We extend our condolences to families who lost a loved one in this type of crash in Massapequa. If this happened to you, we believe your family and your loved one deserves justice. An attorney from our firm will fight to recover compensation and hold the at-fault parties accountable after a wrongful death in a ridesharing accident.
Determining Appropriate Compensation for a Rideshare Collision
When you hire us, our team will explain how we identify the types of damages you qualify to recover and value your case. In general, this process involves:
- Collecting and reviewing bills, invoices, and receipts for your accident-related expenses
- Considering the severity of your injuries and long-term prognosis
- Discussing your damages with medical experts, economists, and life planners
- Speaking with you about the effects the accident has had on your life
- Reviewing the coverage limits for applicable insurance policies
If you suffered injuries in a rideshare crash in Massapequa – or other areas of the Town of Oyster Bay or southeastern Nassau County – our team is here for you. We will discuss your rights and options for seeking financial recovery for free today.
Massapequa Uber and Lyft Ridesharing Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
How Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Help Build a Rideshare Accident Case
Our multilingual staff members fight to help accident victims recover the money they need to pay for their care, cover lost income, and more. We will talk with you today for free, and our attorneys will meet you on Long Island or elsewhere in the New York metropolitan area to discuss the case further.
We also work based on contingency, so our firm handles insurance claims and lawsuits for rideshare accident victims with no upfront fees. As passionate advocates for our clients, we collect our fees only if we obtain settlements or court awards for them.
Services We Provide for Car Accident Victims
When we file a claim for you after a Nassau County rideshare crash, we will:
- Provide regular updates about your claim and explain the steps ahead
- Identify liable parties and the correct insurance policies to file under
- Communicate with all parties on your behalf
- Gather evidence to prove the Uber or Lyft driver’s negligence
- Determine a value for your case based on the damages you suffered
Some of the evidence we often collect in these types of cases includes:
- The accident report filed by a responding officer
- A survey of the crash scene
- Physical evidence, such as the damage to each car
- Expert testimony
The Time to Collect Evidence and File a Lawsuit Is Limited
At our firm, we prefer to start building a case quickly following a crash, especially when a rideshare company is involved. Because we dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of legal representation, these cases take time to sort through., Unfortunately, some evidence can disappear or deteriorate quickly, such as:
- The driver’s records from the Uber or Lyft app
- Video footage from nearby traffic or surveillance footage
- Witness testimony
The sooner you connect with our team, the faster we will begin collecting this evidence. This gives us the greatest opportunity to build a strong and convincing case to secure an appropriate payout for you.
There are also deadlines you need to consider when seeking compensation from a liable party in New York. The statutes of limitations include New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 for injury accidents and Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1 for wrongful deaths.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Speak with Our Team Member About Your Legal Rights Today
You should contact our team for your free case review and consultation as soon as possible. We will help you build a compelling case and ensure you meet the appropriate deadlines as long as you enlist our help with enough time to do so.
Talk with a team member from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for free about your Massapequa rideshare collision case today. We provide complimentary consultations. Call (516) 932-0400 to learn more.