If you or a loved one was involved in a truck accident, consult a lawyer as soon as possible. You have a limited amount of time to collect compensation to pay for medical treatments, reimburse lost income, and address any other damages you face.
A truck accident lawyer from our firm serving Massapequa will give you a better understanding of how personal injury lawsuits work, when and how we sue for compensation for our injured clients, and how we will help fight for what you deserve.
In This Article
- What a Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Massapequa Will Do for You
- Truck Accident Victims are Eligible for Two Types of Damages
- Act Quickly to Protect Your Rights and Your Case
- Get a Free Case Review from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
What a Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Massapequa Will Do for You
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we know it is difficult enough to recover from a truck accident without also having to think about bills or legal responsibilities. We want to act as your advocate through the legal system by:
- Keeping you updated: We will let you know whenever there are significant developments in the case. In addition, we encourage you to call us with any questions, comments, or concerns.
- Identifying all liable parties: Was the truck driver solely responsible for the accident, or was their employer or a maintenance team negligent as well? We will investigate so that we can seek to hold each and every at-fault and otherwise legally liable party accountable.
- Communicating with the liable parties: Your attorney will field all phone calls, emails, and official notifications from the liable party and their representatives.
- Collecting evidence: In truck accident cases, evidence frequently includes medical records, accident and inspection reports, witness testimony, and more.
- Determining the case’s value: To ensure that we demand an appropriate amount of compensation, let us review the case and run the calculations for you.
Paying for Legal Services
With so many other things to worry about, the last thing we want to do is make it difficult or complicated for you to afford legal help. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., works on contingency. This means:
- You pay us nothing upfront.
- You will only owe us attorney’s fees if you receive compensation.
- You pay us a percentage of the recovered compensation rather than out of pocket.
Contingency fees make it easier for our injured clients to get the legal representation they want and deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Massapequa, call 516-932-0400
Truck Accident Victims are Eligible for Two Types of Damages
If the accident left you with mounting bills or impacted your ability to earn a living, you have suffered economic damages. A few examples of common economic damages are listed below.
- Medical expenses: This refers to any and all money spent, including travel expenses, to treat your accident-related injuries.
- Repair bills: If your vehicle was damaged or destroyed in the accident, you could be reimbursed for the cost of fixing it.
- Loss of wages: You couldn’t perform your regular job duties while recovering from your injuries.
- Loss of earning capacity: Your injuries prevent you from earning as much money post-accident, making it more difficult for you to support yourself and your family.
If the accident affected your physical and mental health, you have suffered non-economic damages. Common examples of non-economic damages include:
- Impaired quality of life: Your injuries make it difficult or impossible for you to take care of yourself or participate in activities you enjoy or were important to you.
- Disability: You lost the use of any part of your body, or your preexisting disability worsened.
- Disfigurement or scarring: Your injuries left permanent marks that alter your appearance or affect you physically (e.g., by limiting the range of motion).
- Pain and suffering: You have suffered physically and mentally due to both the accident itself and your accident-related injuries.
If you lost a loved one in a truck accident, the team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., is sorry for your loss and we extend to you our heartfelt condolences. We believe it is a special privilege to represent the surviving family members of truck accident wrongful death victims. We are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
Massapequa Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Act Quickly to Protect Your Rights and Your Case
If you want to make a claim to recover all damages you are entitled to, we strongly suggest that you start as soon as possible by reaching out to us. Doing so will make it easier for our team to:
- Find documentary evidence: Surveillance footage is often recorded over, and various documents, such as truck maintenance records and other key pieces of information, could be lost or discarded if too much time passes after the accident. Starting quickly increases the likelihood that such evidence is still available for use in your case.
- Get statements from witnesses: Eyewitnesses sometimes leave the area or begin to forget what they saw. In addition, expert witnesses are often busy and could require advance notice to provide you with a statement.
- Work within deadlines: Per New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214, you have a limited time to start a personal injury lawsuit.
In 2019 alone, 159,000 people were injured in large truck accidents. This statistic represents a 5.3 percent increase over the previous year, as stated (on Page 6) of a study released by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA). If you or a loved one was the victim of such an accident, we will support you throughout the case by:
- Being available to answer questions: Call us whenever something comes up, or you are unsure about something.
- Meeting at convenient locations: If you cannot visit our office, we are happy to meet anywhere on Long Island or in the New York metropolitan area.
- Helping you make legal decisions: We will weigh the benefits and risks of each potential option. We will speak to you with respect, in a patient and compassionate manner. We want you to be able to make the right decisions for you and your family and to have as much peace of mind as possible.
- Offering a professional perspective: It is understandable if you are unable to think objectively about your accident and injuries. We will review the facts and confront the insurance company in a logical, level-headed way.
Get a Free Case Review from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
A truck accident lawyer who serves Massapequa, New York, will help you fight for appropriate compensation. To get started, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at any time, day or night. Our multilingual staff would be happy to assist you in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, or Kannada.